1600.2487.8107.12070 FW link and guide for manual update

Search This thread

paarry

Aug 23, 2010
Coimbatore
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
You can manually update you handset by following the instructions below:
- Download the PR 1.2 1600.2487.8107.12070 FW.
- Download the update from the first link above then download the WPupdate tool: http://depositfiles.com/files/c9t0p5pte
- Unzip the Tools in a folder then unzip the firmware in the same folder as the tools.
- Plug in your device, wait until the Zune client starts and then close it.
- Run the the Updater and press S or B.
(I suggest u guys to go with a backup pressing B.)
- your phone will then reboot in download mode and update (don’t unplug it or do stupid things with your PC during the whole process..)

got this in this website
http://www.mobiletechworld.com

Changelog as given in the website:
- The Fast battery drain issue has been fixed
- The lack of audio Bass when listening through headsets has been fixed. There’s a whole lot of bass now..
- The auto-white balance issue with the camera has also been fixed
- The hardware buttons backlights are now always on at all screen brightness levels
- Diagnostics app has been changed to prevent users from getting misleading info about their device
- Focus Mode is now set to Normal by default in the camera app
- The jittery screen issue (bad grounding) has be reduced.

Download Link:
http://download.windowsupdate.com/m..._33f6e72c7916dcdfca7f8d2c8a89fb00e49b2dbf.cab

I m going to flash it nw. ll update u guys soon abt this.

Last edited:
Reactions: CervezaPorFavor

thesmartguyy

Jan 20, 2012
Flashing has been covered in multiple threads, and posting Warez is not allowed on this forum. Kindly correct it.

paarry

Aug 23, 2010
Coimbatore
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
what region is this update? is it safe to update an italian lumia 800 with that cab?
My phone is UK based. I m in India now. I updated using those files. My phone is working good. U can flash the update. It worked fr me. So it LL work fr U. I hope. Don't hold me responsible fr any problems U encounter aftr this update. Phone should work fine if U follow the instructions. So U can flash. Its faster smoother. Don't remove ur data cable from the phone while the update process. It takes around 5 to 10 mins. Hit the thanks button if I have helped.

sapphire88

Oct 12, 2010
ok, i'm asking only because i don't want to loose language..anyway, i'll wait until navifirm will pop out with the "official" version...just to be sure and safe..

_Madmatt

Jul 3, 2009
Why would you flash the update if you can do it with CAB sender? With CAB sender you don't lose all your data ;)

mickfarr

Dec 6, 2007
Dublin
What is this CAB sender you speak off? Sound like dome kind of Mango update black magic. Please explain how I can learn this black magic so I can save my data from disappearing into the unknown :)

Sent from my Lumia 800 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

_Madmatt

Jul 3, 2009
What is this CAB sender you speak off? Sound like dome kind of Mango update black magic. Please explain how I can learn this black magic so I can save my data from disappearing into the unknown :)

See this thread for the CAB-sender method. You will also find the Singapore (unbranded) 12070 FW update there. Good luck :)

jesdaking

Dec 18, 2008
Ive updatet to the new fw 1600.2487.8107.12070

And i can still see all the Battery information in the "Battery Status" ?? I did here that it would be changed ind this new update..

-Diagnostics app has been changed to prevent users from getting misleading info about their device

paarry

Aug 23, 2010
Coimbatore
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
As far as i used my mobile fr a day aftr d update, thr r no bugs present, sync is pretty faster compared 2 d previous ROM, battery life is better on full charge aftr d update n continuous internet and texting and discharge throughout the nite i have around 71%. Where i charged the mobile last day afternoon at 3. Its good. The call bug i had ( when i press end call the call will not disconnect) has vanished. audio quality on music player is good and camera has improved a lot.
previously if i download any apps on market and text the app download ll freeze and doesnt resume and shows attention required, then i ve 2 enter flight mode and then download again. Nw its nt thr.

I consider this as a major update.

_Madmatt

Jul 3, 2009
Ive updatet to the new fw 1600.2487.8107.12070

And i can still see all the Battery information in the "Battery Status" ?? I did here that it would be changed ind this new update..

-Diagnostics app has been changed to prevent users from getting misleading info about their device

When using CAB-sender, the diagnostics app isn't updated, so you can still see all info.

apollo15rover

Jan 19, 2011
burbank, ca
Indoor, unedited autowhite; normal focus, autowhite, autoflash (enough light camera didn't flash). ..

Shot with Lumia 800 containing latest firmware 12070..

Not spectacular, but no burns, flaws or overgrain..
6976827541_fff5696689_b.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

See this thread for the CAB-sender method. You will also find the Singapore (unbranded) 12070 FW update there. Good luck :)
    You can manually update you handset by following the instructions below:
    - Download the PR 1.2 1600.2487.8107.12070 FW.
    - Download the update from the first link above then download the WPupdate tool: http://depositfiles.com/files/c9t0p5pte
    - Unzip the Tools in a folder then unzip the firmware in the same folder as the tools.
    - Plug in your device, wait until the Zune client starts and then close it.
    - Run the the Updater and press S or B.
    (I suggest u guys to go with a backup pressing B.)
    - your phone will then reboot in download mode and update (don’t unplug it or do stupid things with your PC during the whole process..)

got this in this website
    http://www.mobiletechworld.com

Changelog as given in the website:
    - The Fast battery drain issue has been fixed
    - The lack of audio Bass when listening through headsets has been fixed. There’s a whole lot of bass now..
    - The auto-white balance issue with the camera has also been fixed
    - The hardware buttons backlights are now always on at all screen brightness levels
    - Diagnostics app has been changed to prevent users from getting misleading info about their device
    - Focus Mode is now set to Normal by default in the camera app
    - The jittery screen issue (bad grounding) has be reduced.

Download Link:
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/m..._33f6e72c7916dcdfca7f8d2c8a89fb00e49b2dbf.cab

I m going to flash it nw. ll update u guys soon abt this.
    can i use this on a german branded (vodafone) device?

Sure! Unbranded updates will work on branded devices for sure. But the other way round doesn't always work...
    will it remove the branding?
    sorry for the stupid questions but its a phone from my company :)

With cab sender method, the branding remains. It's just like the update through Zune, no difference. Why don't you try it?
    I have a t-mobile branded lumia and it was very easy.
    Off course no app/data was deleted.
    With cab sender you don't lose warranty for sure.
    It's an offline zune update. Nothing different.