[BETA] Meta Widget - create widgets from any web content

Search This thread

Masteroshi

Apr 6, 2012
sublevels.free.fr
Hello,
Is it possible to update the widget from a stat website protected under an username & password login ?

suggestion :
I think the widget title is far from the content,there's a too big space between both ... so the widget takes a lot of area for nothing imo.

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Hello,
Is it possible to update the widget from a stat website protected under an username & password login ?

suggestion :
I think the widget title is far from the content,there's a too big space between both ... so the widget takes a lot of area for nothing imo.

1 - yes
2 - use Widget Maker

Reactions: Masteroshi

Resendiz

Jun 12, 2012
Help

Hello, new here. I have a dorid razr. I am trying to create a widget that is basically acts like a live internet browser (I would like to use the 4x4 size) and refresh every 2 minutes.

The closest thing that i can compare this to is the way Business Calendar functions, they offer app and widget. I use the 4x4 as well.

I have a basic website that always has live incoming quotes from customers so having a widget refresh each time to show my latest quotes would be sweet.

Can this be done?

Last edited by a moderator:

Diamondback

Retired Dev Committee Lead / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
Okay so I think we should start that again.
@Resendiz: This forum is here to discuss things like the ones you asked for. So no need to "skype" you :)

@OP: Software is only as good as its support ;) Try to be a bit nicer :)

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Guys is anyone having trouble with text and background colors?

R3nrut

Jun 5, 2009
DFW
r3nrut.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I had some issues getting it to parse a user agent php code from here:
http://r3nrut.com/detect.php

It seems that it only wants to display the items that have tags, which may be by design. I might just need to add in tags for the values that are populated in the php code.

Thoughts?

This is a very handy app, I love having freedom to put whatever I want into a widget. I'm definitely getting the "donate" version so I can have refresh intervals. I use this to monitor an application build at work that is displayed in a text file. Helps a ton when I'm out and about and needing a quick reference. Keep up the good work!

Louer Adun

Jan 19, 2010
I just tested out the app and it is pretty cool, but I do have some suggestions to make it useful for my purposes...

First of all, can we have some sort of custom input tags for the URL? For example, I have a statistics page on my website that keeps tracks of orders, totals etc... but the page is referenced by a querystring with the date to display. So for example, the URL would always need to include today's date in the querystring to provide the data I am interested in.

Second, A couple of my statistics pages are simple text documents being returned in a browser. When attempting to grab a paragraph out of the text, the entire document is selected, but it does not give me any options to add a selection area for the widget... I assume this is because there is no HTML formatting within the document, but I do have static headers and other items that could be used as a parsing reference.

Third, I would like to see formatting such as Table tags to be implemented instead of all the text being wrapped into a single line.

Fourth, I would love to see an option to preserve all the HTML formatting combined with a size % feature (as an optional feature). This would allow you to include an entire div with pictures, text etc. This sort of widget would potentially be up/down (and maybe an option for left/right) scrollable.

Just my 2 cents, but so far a great idea/concept. I haven't messed around with the Widget Maker yet, but maybe it has some better support for the features I'm looking for.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    META WIDGET

Meta is a unique app that can turn virtually any online content into dynamic, interactive widgets.

Simply browse to a website, pick a column of text, link or image and enjoy this information right on your home screen!

Why is this cool you ask? Because almost anything can be parsed out of a website - images, blogrolls, RSS feeds or entire windows.

Any widget created through Meta can be customized and automatically updated, or updated on user interaction.

Features

★ Create widgets from almost any website element
    ★ Parse graphs and images
    ★ Extract statistics and information from authorized sites
    ★ Configure widgets (background, alignment, etc.)
    ★ Automatic updates
    ★ User defined click actions
    ★ Lots of other cool stuff

Status

The app is currently quite stable, but we still prefer to call it a beta. So please, do write to us with suggestions or bug reports!

Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.metawidget

The free app has everything but automatic updates.

Screens

I would appreciate some feedback please!

Fixed keyboard issue present on some phones
    Fixed image cache optimization (much faster now)
    Fixed a rendering issue that occurs if data connection is lost
    Fixed a few device-specific issues from user feedback
    Installing this now, will give feedback after 2-3 days ;)
    Thank you, i look forward to it. The more feedback, the better the app. Imagine - a developer that actually listens to consumers!