[Q] POSSIBLE PORT OF SENSE 4.0 On ics? Think ive found a port :)

Whould You Like Sense 4 On Your Hero?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Ozomax1997

Apr 4, 2012
Walsall West Midlands
34h6s0z.jpg

Is it posssible to port from the desire to the hero gsm because my idea is to port this to it

d-h.st/ch

Its a sense 4.0 ics rom for the desire and would love to see it ported to our heros i think desire roms have been ported before and i love sense 4.0's UI many thanks

Owen :)

Xda link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1779600

PS: Take part in our Poll and any idas would be apretiated.

Last edited:

Ozomax1997

Apr 4, 2012
Walsall West Midlands
Screen shot of what my current rom looks like

this is a theme for CM9 and a flipclock apk
i have been told this is a possible port and I :D:D am looking forward to it
33eq89w.png

:D

Hero-X Alpha coming soon (1/2 Days)

The Alpha is not the actual rom but my cm9 mods so you get a slight idea i use it as a daily :)

Last edited:

lolo7291

Mar 9, 2011
Laval
Sorry guys to have to tell you that way but...

First of all : Desire C has another arm architecture and that makes the port very very difficult.

I was one of the first that tryed it so you can trust me on that.

If you want to know more on what the problems are, you'll find more informations reading this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1655256

The only two ways that we are left are :
first : debugging every framework apk with lolcat (and try to inject old drivers to make it correct...)
second : wait for sources to compile it for our arm architecture

If you want to do it you can try to but as far as I know...this is impossible for the moment.

And if it was possible, just take a look at the smoothness we experience on ICS and you'll get another point of view regarding sense 4 on our LITTLE hero

Ozomax1997

Apr 4, 2012
Walsall West Midlands
Well its worth a shot isn't it we never thought we was going to get sense 3 and I'm running 3.5 and its amazing idea and if we got team legacy by our side it could be ported throughout all architectures down to our heroes then everyone is happy and if its done and.even boots I will donate £25 of my remaining birthday money to the developer (IF MY PARENTS WILL LET ME USE THERE PAYPAL.) :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Hero using xda app-developers app

lolo7291

Mar 9, 2011
Laval
Well its worth a shot isn't it we never thought we was going to get sense 3 and I'm running 3.5

In fact my friend, we only have sense 3.5 because we were kind of lucky that HTC developped the HTC explorer.

Look, the first breaktrough with our hero was SalsaSense (Sense 2.2) from the htc salsa during summer 2011.
Then, we had the HTC explorer running sense 3.5.

Now, ask you the question : "Why is there no Sense 3.0 ROM?"
The answer is simple : there was no phone developped by HTC running sense 3.0 with the same arm architecture that our hero has!

Everytime we can port, it's because we have the same arm architecture. Just take a look at the ports, they are from : (htc armv6 devices)
HTC Aria
HTC ChaCha A810e
HTC Dream (T-Mobile G1, Android Dev Phone 1)
HTC Droid Eris
HTC Espresso (T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide)
HTC Explorer (HTC Pico) (Armv6 and Armv7)
HTC Gratia (HTC Liberty)
HTC Hero (T-Mobile G2 Touch)
HTC Legend
HTC Magic (T-Mobile myTouch 3G, T-Mobile G1 Touch)
HTC Salsa
HTC Tattoo
HTC Wildfire A333
HTC Wildfire
HTC Wildfire S

Htc One series has different specs, really different specs. We had some hope because of Desire C because it had similar specs but at the beggining we did not know that it was another architecture.

In the end we had no boot, bootloops but it was impossible to get it boot correctly.
Just take a look at some threads on it :
Desire C port on WFS and Hero forums : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1655256 and xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1658056 and http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1660240
Different arm devices port : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1591878

So : yes it is possible, but no it hasn't been done yet because it's too complicated so far

well good luck if you want to do it

First thing you'll need to do is remove unnecessary apps(to make it fit to our amount of memory : maybe you'll want to take a look at amarullz ext system), then port the drivers to make it boot, and hopefully our hero would have enough ram to make it run correctly

lolo7291

Mar 9, 2011
Laval
Also if you read the thread the hero had it "booting" first an

Thanks for the info, I was already aware of it, and I also knew why it was "booting" and failing.
You might have also read that I asked for the "booting" rom to be uploaded as a base of devolpement, and that hasn't been done(now we know that it would have been a waste of time)

Would you be pleased to have some of the widgets from sense 4.0 only?
If you want, you can do it (try sansyf universal rom to get clockwidget of sense 4.0, lookalike only)

But what we really would like is : a full lookalike sense 4.0 rom
Or a real sense 4.0 ROM

For the moment we don't have any of it.

lolo7291

Mar 9, 2011
Laval
Sense 4 launcher (rosie) too

You can't just port the launcher with Sense, it's a little bit trickier than you think.

Behind the launcher app, there are few framework files that are needed.

It's like trying to launch an fully ics(4.0.4) app(i'm talking about fonctionnalities) on cupcake(1.5)

Rosie of Sense 4.0 needs files from the all Sense 4.0 package : include libraries, framework etc...

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
I will try to make my Sense 2.1 rom to look like sense 4 by changing the .PNGs inside framework and systemui first. It would be hard to do it because you need to make it manually, but hope it will work out ok...

and for porting from desire c... it is not possible, unless someone very very experimented dev has hero and wants to try it. The way I see it, no one is that experimented to do this port for us.

sorry to disappoint you, but i think it's an amount of time spent for nothing. as lolo said, ics on hero is sluggish and anywhere near a daily rom. think about ics + sense 4...

i have a one v phone which comes with sense 4 + android 4.0 and with sense it moved like crap. 80 mb ram left on a day to day use - think about it, from 512 mb ram to have only 80.. sense took a lot of memory. but from hero's memory.. it will be overkill. it's like trying to install windows 8 on a intel pentium 1 + 64 mb ram.

askariwa

Jul 14, 2010
Rome
I agree with 1ceb0x, on ICS (till now) we don't have GPS, camcorder and the pinch-to-zoom gesture doesn't work right. We need a rom which enables all the feature our phone has so at max we can have Gingerbread. I am using the BEASTSense for now but what i would like is something similar in Gingerbread or a SHPONGLE with more than the english language.:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:
Anyway GREAT JOB 1ceb0x :victory:

I will try to make my Sense 2.1 rom to look like sense 4 by changing the .PNGs inside framework and systemui first. It would be hard to do it because you need to make it manually, but hope it will work out ok...

and for porting from desire c... it is not possible, unless someone very very experimented dev has hero and wants to try it. The way I see it, no one is that experimented to do this port for us.

sorry to disappoint you, but i think it's an amount of time spent for nothing. as lolo said, ics on hero is sluggish and anywhere near a daily rom. think about ics + sense 4...

i have a one v phone which comes with sense 4 + android 4.0 and with sense it moved like crap. 80 mb ram left on a day to day use - think about it, from 512 mb ram to have only 80.. sense took a lot of memory. but from hero's memory.. it will be overkill. it's like trying to install windows 8 on a intel pentium 1 + 64 mb ram.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think it's possible, Desire C has similar specs as our hero, i'll see what I can do to port it