[DEV] Team Galaxy Sense Fascinate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Alexgsp

Jul 21, 2010
Sign me up for testing. Also pretty new to these sort of things, but if i can help, let me know.

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
wow, banned from irc. doesn't exactly inspire confidence... and you're soliciting donations before you have anything other than an idea? As stated before, this has been tried many times, and almost never successfully. Zeusdroid evaporated without so much as a goodbye for example. And the ultimate question: If you people want sense UI so bad, why didn't you buy an HTC device? I guess I just don't get it.

Bowsa2511

Jul 30, 2010
wow, banned from irc. doesn't exactly inspire confidence... and you're soliciting donations before you have anything other than an idea? As stated before, this has been tried many times, and almost never successfully. Zeusdroid evaporated without so much as a goodbye for example. And the ultimate question: If you people want sense UI so bad, why didn't you buy an HTC device? I guess I just don't get it.

Galaxy S Hardware > Every other phone right now

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
very true, so why would you want to cripple it with a bloated proprietary interface. Launcher Pro does everything sense does, and more, and it looks way better imho. much more customization in any case. I dont know why anybody wants touchwiz, blur or sense at all. I'm 26 years old, and an IT professional. I don't want a Fisher-Price phone. Enough with the bright colors and flashy animations.

Whosdaman

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida

We aren't soliciting donations. We are doing this for free, and if you appreciate our project and what we are doing you can donate. If you don't like the idea...don't post in the thread please. We are doing this because alot of people want it, including ourselves. If you don't that's fine. I respect that. We aren't competing with anyone. We just want our devices to live up to our expectations. That's all.

cckeeler

May 15, 2010
I bought my fascinate for it's hardware, not it's UI. I have always been a fan of sense UI. I hope this is possible. If you need more testers count me in. thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

tallnerd1985

Dec 8, 2008
Vancouver, WA
No offense, i dont think you guys have what it takes to port Sense over to the Galaxy S phones. The rom and kernel part can be done by any rom zippers out there but you guys need to enlist in a dev who knows how to do RIL work. Thats the issue that most teams have had with porting Sense over to any phone. Before anybody donates to this project, make sure this team has a RIL dev onboard or this project is going nowhere like the rest.

Whosdaman

May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
No offense, i dont think you guys have what it takes to port Sense over to the Galaxy S phones. The rom and kernel part can be done by any rom zippers out there but you guys need to enlist in a dev who knows how to do RIL work. Thats the issue that most teams have had with porting Sense over to any phone. Before anybody donates to this project, make sure this team has a RIL dev onboard or this project is going nowhere like the rest.

Have you not seen the guys we already have on the other devices? We are still actively recruiting devs right now. It will take some time. Froyo needs to come out first anyways.

tallnerd1985

Dec 8, 2008
Vancouver, WA
I appreciate your work on the xv6900 back in the day but without a dedicated RIL programmer, your project will never finish. Trust me, same issues that i had on my Droid when porting Sense are the same on the Fascinate, the RIL needed to modified to switch the data and voice i/o. You guys will have no problem on the GSM varients but the Epic and Fascinate is going to be a lot work thou.

Bowsa2511

Jul 30, 2010
very true, so why would you want to cripple it with a bloated proprietary interface. Launcher Pro does everything sense does, and more, and it looks way better imho. much more customization in any case. I dont know why anybody wants touchwiz, blur or sense at all. I'm 26 years old, and an IT professional. I don't want a Fisher-Price phone. Enough with the bright colors and flashy animations.

Some sense widgets are pretty sweet, why not show off those animations with this great hardware :p ?

Daswolven

Oct 1, 2009
Richmond Hill
I appreciate your work on the xv6900 back in the day but without a dedicated RIL programmer, your project will never finish. Trust me, same issues that i had on my Droid when porting Sense are the same on the Fascinate, the RIL needed to modified to switch the data and voice i/o. You guys will have no problem on the GSM varients but the Epic and Fascinate is going to be a lot work thou.

So your assessment is that it would be Senseless?

tallnerd1985

Dec 8, 2008
Vancouver, WA
So your assessment is that it would be Senseless?

Not sensless but its a tough battle to rewrite a RIL from scratch to communicate with the HTC framework and all. Many people have tried and failed because of the RIL. I am just saying that if anybody is going to spearhead this task, they better do so with a people adept to how the RIL works and the only one capable on this board is Vilord.

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

This would be great! I wish you guys the best of luck! :)

Whosdaman

May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
Not sensless but its a tough battle to rewrite a RIL from scratch to communicate with the HTC framework and all. Many people have tried and failed because of the RIL. I am just saying that if anybody is going to spearhead this task, they better do so with a people adept to how the RIL works and the only one capable on this board is Vilord.

We got someone already who can do it. I don't who Vilord is, but if he wants to join us he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.