[DEV] 2-way call recording

Search This thread

avs333

Apr 12, 2005
Hi guys, skvalex _did_ it at last on Galaxy R!
You have to have a _chinese-addon kernel_ beforehand, i.e.
CONFIG_MACH_N1_CHN=y
it's a must (check up your /proc/config.gz), and his AlsaMixer should be installed (it's on the Market).
Records like a charm, both your party and your voice from the line (rather than from the mike) are _equal loud_ and clear, even when you attach the headphones or anything :)

Last edited:

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
CONFIG_MACH_N1_CHN=y
it's a must (check up your /proc/config.gz), and his AlsaMixer should be installed (it's on the Market).
Records like a charm, both your party and your voice from the line (rather than from the mike) are _equal loud_ and clear, even when you attach the headphones or anything :)

If possible could you post a step by step procedure to install this MOD ? :)

Reactions: avs333

skvalex

Aug 18, 2010
Here is a stock Chinese kernel, it works flawlessly for me

Attachments

• StockChineseKernel.zip
    4 MB · Views: 92

UnknownzD

Oct 9, 2011
Here is a stock Chinese kernel, it works flawlessly for me

Do you have enabled the CONFIG_MACH_N1_CHN in tegra_n1_chn_defconfig (or your own makefile config)? btw as the code enabled by CONFIG_MACH_N1_CHN may have some compatibility problems when working with voodoo sound, thats why I didn't try to enable it before. Need to do that step by step.

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
hey dear, which is chinese ROM. please provide the link..:confused:
can we record two ways recording using any kernel..??

You'll need not only a kernel which supports call recording but also a ROM which allows it.

Check out the the ROMs based on Chinese firmware (which start with ZCLA) they have an option to record calls. :)

Hope this helps. Cheers ! :)

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
I checked it but all pic language was in CHINESE..is it always be in chinese language..??

The language in the pics is not Chinese it's Russian but that's just a theme.

Though developers try their best to translate the ROMs to English you'll find traces of the previous language though very rare chance.

D™

May 23, 2012
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Watching You @!@
The language in the pics is not Chinese it's Russian but that's just a theme.

Though developers try their best to translate the ROMs to English you'll find traces of the previous language though very rare chance.

actually i can't compare chinese & russian language..dear can you do me a favour..??
My company gives me a LG OPTIMUS BLACK phone for official purpose & as per my work, I have to be had recording of my all calls. But I dnt have any custom ROM for Recording calls. PLease let me know or provide any link for OPTIMUS BLACK..??:confused:

sorry to all GALAXY R fans to ask these help here.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well it means that you have to recompile the kernel with that option enabled. Don't worry, I will build one for all of you very soon. The CONFIG boolean is intended for using during compilation process only.
    CONFIG_MACH_N1_CHN=y
    1 Get any chinese
    2 Download/install Alsa Mixer, from the Market
    3 optionally, install callrecorder
    4 enjoy
    Do you mean '1 Get any Chinese ROM' ?:)
    Sure :) Meaning you must have CONFIG_MACH_N1_CHN=y in your kernel. Check that with
    Code:
    adb shell "gunzip -c /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_MACH_N1_CHN"
    If it's not shown/commented out/set to "n", it's very likely that your kernel doesn't support call recording from the phone line.
    CONFIG_MACH_N1_CHN=y