WiFi tether working note 3

Search This thread

chong67

Sep 2, 2007
Atlanta

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
I use the stock tether under my unlimited plan. Would only use it seldom though for my tablet or notebook.

Unlimited plan allows up to 2.5gb tethering a month which for that purpose is more than enough for me.

JUSMEJOSE

Jul 29, 2008
Anaheim, CA
I use the stock tether under my unlimited plan. Would only use it seldom though for my tablet or notebook.

Unlimited plan allows up to 2.5gb tethering a month which for that purpose is more than enough for me.

I have tethered almost 60gb with xbox etc... With no problem ... I do get a message about data usage ... lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: baronsamedi

shaungregg

Jan 6, 2011
I have tethered almost 60gb with xbox etc... With no problem ... I do get a message about data usage ... lol

If your just getting that message on your phone that is just a setting for your own info, if you get an upsell screen on a tethered pc or your tethering stops working, then you will know they know lol. I tethered 100's of gigs in a month before they shut me down and I switched over to Foxfi and masked my usage.

JUSMEJOSE

Jul 29, 2008
Anaheim, CA
If your just getting that message on your phone that is just a setting for your own info, if you get an upsell screen on a tethered pc or your tethering stops working, then you will know they know lol. I tethered 100's of gigs in a month before they shut me down and I switched over to Foxfi and masked my usage.

I been with tmobile montly prepaid ever since they had $70 5gb of 4g data ... and know that they have the $70 unlimited they haven't cut me off ... maybe I'm lucky ... ?

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

I know what you mean ... but I'm just lucky

adsexton60

Nov 3, 2013
Did you get the tether to work and not be discovered?

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

bladehawk

Apr 15, 2013
I am using an unlocked 900T on AT&T's network and it seems to work. Someone told me region lock away fixes that as a side effect. I only ran it to unlock my phone and remove any region locks.

So just to be clear, there's no wifi tether with the stock kernel? I'm trying to avoid tripping the counter for the time being.

stir fry a lot

Feb 13, 2009
Worked great. Thanks OP.

edit:Spoke too soon. Can get tethering started but it won't show up as an available network. What profile are you using? There isn't one for the N3.

Last edited:

baronsamedi

Sep 27, 2009

Rican

Nov 25, 2008
well well, dummy me was about to do "de la vega" and just ended up following "qbking77" video to the T and tripped knox. Anyway, since that ship has sailed and there's nothing that could be done about it for now, what exactly does the tether app needs in order to work? I've been using TrevE Mod WiFi Tether for the longest on my GS3 stock rom/rooted. What's the difference with the Note 3?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WiFi tether apk works with no adjustments change kernel to faux or saber and it will work

http://android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com/files/wifi_tether_v3_4-experimental1.apk
    Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Hope you dont get a lol bill....let us know Im scared to go over the 2.5gb

Well i have pre-paid month to month $70.00 and never had no problem ... right now i have tethered 40GB ...
    Which tether widget did you download from the play store?

its a blue one. but any should work, Youll get a pop up that says settings have stopped.
    Im just tired of coming to this thread, asking the same question over and over. Im asking what, when, where, why, and How, but I keep getting the same thing....... Only do this, just do that. But clearly, thats not it because I still get blocked and directed to the upsell screen. Everyone claims this to work, but I dont see it. I have installed the .zips, created APNs by the dozen, flipped phone off buildings, bungee jumped with shoe strings, and aint nothing working cause they aint completely explaining the process by step. Screw this free tethering, ill just duck-tape some hangers together on the roof and wait for it to rain.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app