Would you like to share knowledge about Alcatel MOVE ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

djada80

Sep 22, 2011

snkiz

Jul 1, 2011
Toronto
once we get the kinks worked out of clockwork we'll be able to flash unsigned roms. I don't think the stock recovery can even flash, the updater isn't downloading flashable roms. We'd know if we could actually get to recovery mode.

Reactions: bidulç&

djada80

Sep 22, 2011
confirmation

confirm successful fakeflash boot .you're a god (or at least a demigod)

djada80

Sep 22, 2011
Clockwork Mod Recovery

Finally , there is a fully functional CWMod Recovery image available for OT-908 and MOVE.It is working , tested by myself.So here is the method:

1.) must have a working ADB connection , with fastboot utility in the sdk's platform-tools directory
2.) reboot a working phone in bootloader mode (adb reboot-bootloader or pwr+vol -)
3.) copy the cwm image into the platform-tools folder
4.) enter fastboot boot <imagename>.img
5.) wait untill phone reboots and clockwork menu appears

From here can backup , restore ,install apps from zip package , etc.
Good Luck , and CREDITS GO TO snkiz and his MYSTERIOUS FRIEND !

Last edited:
Reactions: bidulç&

snkiz

Jul 1, 2011
Toronto
confirm successful fakeflash boot .you're a god (or at least a demigod)
Ah shucks, thanks. But, I'm just the in-between guy.
btw re CWM
the developer of the recovery - sebastian404 - seems to stay over HERE at modaco, so you can thank him there.
From the 990 thread here

Finally , there is a fully functional CWMod Recovery image available for OT-908 and MOVE.It is working , tested by myself.So here is the method:
This is still very beta, as in tested by two people. Keep in mind its not quite fully functional for me. If you could post your dump. Maybe I can figure out why.

mortisia

Oct 25, 2011
@Djada80: Thank you for your reply. I guess there is no chance for the development of a custom ROM either, huh? My major problem with the phone is even though I removed everything that can be considered bloatware using Android Mate and transfering everything to the SD card with Link2SD after creating two partitions, the phone is still too slow slow and consumes most of the battery pretty fast even though I don't do much with it and I use Juice Defender. I thought it would be a good idea to try a custom ROM after reading several comments about how much it improves the performance of other low-cost phones...

djada80

Sep 22, 2011
@mortisia

Of course there will be.MYSTERIOUS FRIEND successfully compiled the CWM recovery kernal,it means Gingerbread can be compiled to run on OT-908.I had partial success.Alcatel made some promises to release source code this year,we'll see about that.
Hope prevails !

PS. to defend the juice , an option is the overclock widget (from the market), and set cpu clock manually.Check performance with passmark mobile bench utility from market, OT-908 should bench at approx. 300 points at 600 MHz.And keep us up to date.Best regards

Last edited:
Reactions: mortisia

djada80

Sep 22, 2011
partial success

sorry for the bad quality of the image,was shot with a cheap cam.

Attachments

• 110411034204-00.jpg
    110411034204-00.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 345
  • 110411034204-01.jpg
    110411034204-01.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 227

mortisia

Oct 25, 2011
@djada80

That's some really good news Djada80. Thanks for the advice about the battery problem, I will try and follow your directions and I will post the results here. Keep in mind though that I am completely ignorant (we are talking total noob here...) so this may take a while... I was wondering, is there a chance you will make a detailed guide about backing up the phone's current ROM? I tried to follow your directions about the CWMod Recovery image, but it was full of unknown words for me... If there is a GUI ADB that would also help (a LOT) :).

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Fast update (it was easier than I thought): Ok, here are the results as requested. I don't know what the numbers mean and why some categories don't have a red number next to them, so I post everything I got in case they are helpful.
System: 248
Disk tests: 337
2D Graphics Tests: 365
3D Graphics Tests: 47
According to the Overall PassMark Comparison, the top score was 1649 from an Asus Transformet TF101. Mine was at the very bottom of the pyramid with 248 :)
When setting the CPU speed to 600MHz, it does respond faster when changing app lists etc,but for example, when I try to play Angry Birds Rio, it is still unplayable (choppy, a lot of lags, etc.). So again, thank you djada80 for the overclocking tip, it does -partially-improve the performance of the phone. Let's hope that a "lean" custom ROM will work even better!

fixxxer667

Dec 8, 2010
Amazing news for the recovery, I'd jump around were I not using crutches these days :D

Got the Move as a secondary device when my Desire HD developed some motherboard issues, and while it's a delightful device for the cost, the serious lack of space and occasional lags were killing me.

Anyone tried performing a recovery from the backups made with this clockwork beta? Everything operational? Anyway I can help, let me know, I have some flashing experience with the HTC Magic and DHD.

V

viktor36

Help me

Hi

How do I enter recovery mode? Sorry google translate :)

djada80

Sep 22, 2011
Hi

How do I enter recovery mode? Sorry google translate :)

Very simple.Install android sdk with tools(or just the tools),install usb drivers.On the phone enable Settings->Applications->Development->USB Debugging.From the directory of android sdk/platform-tools open a command prompt and enter adb reboot recovery.Phone reboots and briefly AlcatelOnetouch logo appears.But rest assured , stock recovery is complete useless.

djada80

Sep 22, 2011
Amazing news for the recovery, I'd jump around were I not using crutches these days :D

Got the Move as a secondary device when my Desire HD developed some motherboard issues, and while it's a delightful device for the cost, the serious lack of space and occasional lags were killing me.

Anyone tried performing a recovery from the backups made with this clockwork beta? Everything operational? Anyway I can help, let me know, I have some flashing experience with the HTC Magic and DHD.

Yes,i did.Restored /system a few times.Concerning the space , adb shell pm setInstallLocation 2 on a rooted phone should do the trick.

Last edited:

djada80

Sep 22, 2011
That's some really good news Djada80. Thanks for the advice about the battery problem, I will try and follow your directions and I will post the results here. Keep in mind though that I am completely ignorant (we are talking total noob here...) so this may take a while... I was wondering, is there a chance you will make a detailed guide about backing up the phone's current ROM? I tried to follow your directions about the CWMod Recovery image, but it was full of unknown words for me... If there is a GUI ADB that would also help (a LOT) :).

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Fast update (it was easier than I thought): Ok, here are the results as requested. I don't know what the numbers mean and why some categories don't have a red number next to them, so I post everything I got in case they are helpful.
System: 248
Disk tests: 337
2D Graphics Tests: 365
3D Graphics Tests: 47
According to the Overall PassMark Comparison, the top score was 1649 from an Asus Transformet TF101. Mine was at the very bottom of the pyramid with 248 :)
When setting the CPU speed to 600MHz, it does respond faster when changing app lists etc,but for example, when I try to play Angry Birds Rio, it is still unplayable (choppy, a lot of lags, etc.). So again, thank you djada80 for the overclocking tip, it does -partially-improve the performance of the phone. Let's hope that a "lean" custom ROM will work even better!

See processes running in the background.Angry Birds Rio should run flawlessly.

mortisia

Oct 25, 2011
@djada80: sent reply in PM, no need to bother everyone else with my phone problems... in any case, thank you for your interest!

djada80

Sep 22, 2011
It is because it was NOT compiled by me,but a more experienced guy ,who,interestingly does not want rom development.I am sorry for that,but the intermediate guy asked me to remove the link,so i did.Me on the other hand have far lesser knowledge on android development,very little experience,and will take weeks until i get something working.Also i will document every small successful step and post it on the forum ,starting with build environment setup,and ending with a full Cyanogen build (god help us to succeed).
I am in heavy need of a few experienced fellows who i should address to ,but big flickery nothing.So i use heuristic methods.Did you hear that the cyanogen guy will move to Samsung ? If it is true,there will be a massive withdrawal of the open community android guys...'cause there follows HTC,ZTE,LG,Motorola,SE,QuingYong,ShengZeng,FlickFu Ck,till only dust remains.

Last edited:

snkiz

Jul 1, 2011
Toronto
Good news! I spoke to Sebastion, he has no problem going public with the clockwork image. He's going to post it in his blog, so we'll have a nice official link right from the author.

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_908S using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    finally done CUSTOM ROM HERE TRY IT !

TO ALL PEOPLE HERE !

NOW UPLOADING ROM TO SERVER- 1/2 hour from now

YOU ARE INVITED TO TRY THIS CUSTOM ROM HOPE YOU LIKE !

Here is the new thread if you don't already know
    ROM Download links are up! Thank you!

Thanks! to be the first downloading this ROM !:)
    globul-stock-rom (unsigned)

http://www.mediafire.com/?4wx0uc047y990tf

edit: one question

/system/bin/toolbox and symlinks comming with stock rom or are added later from other app?

this is not important I guess was made later
    also I can make complete update.zip signed from these files
    but what for because I am (move)ing to a new thread so goodbye Move:D
    and welcome original/ clean OT-908 !

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

I have one question - I have no idea about how to make custom ROMs, or porting existing ROMs to other phones, but:

How about porting CyanogenMod to this Alcatel OT-908? Can be this possible?

yes but for what price ? how do you pay me for that ?! suggest buy a beer:D

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

for all reading
    I suggest to try -if don't know box.com to get free online storage
    normally a subscriber get 5GB for free but if you download from Market
    for an Android subscriber there are 50 GB free storage for you and many benefits
    also I intend to put there that stock rom I am working on sharing to you if interested

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

UPDATE

After a long night I managed to root my 908s. I'll write out the jist of it, but I was flying by the seat of my pants, fueled by caffeine and sleep depervation. DON'T consider this a HOWTO.

First off, to the best of my knowlage there is no one click solution as of yet. As I said before still missing the driver that makes ADB work in windows, and handset based solutions didn't pan out. A little reasearch showed that the OT-990 has the same chip/ram and ROM space as ours. The screen is bigger, and I don't know what board is in it, but on a hunch I figured it was close enough. So I went here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1164391 in the hopes that some sort of combined effort in future ROM development would be possible.

Yes that's right folks its a guide to MANUALLY root you handset with ADB. So not for the faint of heart. I didn't have high hopes, as issuing ls -l on either the sqlite folder or data threw a permission denied. So blindly I tried to push psneuter, busybox and su to /data/local. I almost fell off my chair when it worked! from there I used psneuter to get ADB into root, and managed to get the su binary to /system/xbin, and Superuser into /system/app. Superuser was installed, but still no root. So I checked out Root Checker to see what was going on. There are three places that su typically lives; /system/xbin, /system/bin, and /sbin. So I tried to put su in those folders. I got it into /system/bin but sbin is mounted read-only. I did not remount any directories, as the instructions are lacking syntax (I'm a little rusty with advanced mounting commands). I think things are mapped a little differently anyway. I still did not have root on the handset, so I then fired up Superuser to see what it could see. It saw the su binary, even though it wasn't working right. Then I thought well if it can see it, then maybe it can update and fix it. Sure enough after running the update to su in Superuser, (drumroll please...) I had working root.

So that's my story so far, I'm gonna give Alcatel a week or so to reply to my request. Then we'll take it from there. (Hey it worked on Huewei right?)

If a real dev should come across this, feel free to jump in. Its a solid little phone and has the potential to work on a range of handsets.
    On czech T-Mobile support website moderator said the Gingerbread will be released later this month. I hope...

Odesláno z mého Galaxy Nexus pomocí Tapatalk 2