WiFi tether working note 3

Search This thread

duvalbmarley

Nov 23, 2010
jacksonville, florida
If u don't want to use faux or saber find alternative no this is not a dud as I am using it because all other methods fail or pay for WIFI tether router by fabio heard it works well

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

ilogik

May 27, 2006
If u don't want to use faux or saber find alternative no this is not a dud as I am using it because all other methods fail or pay for WIFI tether router by fabio heard it works well

I can verify that WiFi router by Fabio works, the only important thing to change is or it won't work:

Need to change your APN, simply navigate to Settings > More > Mobile networks > Access Point Names. Select your T-Mobile APN, and scroll to APN protocol. Change this to IPv4, and then save your APN.

J.E.T.S

Feb 16, 2014
I was using Fiddler to mask WiFi usage on my PC. T-Mobile recently changed the network to check the header, so that doesn't work anymore.

Where can I get WiFi tether by Fabio?

And what's this about changing the kernel?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

inflewence

Oct 29, 2008
Not sure if anything is different with my phone but I made the new APN and use foxfi. It works perfectly. Once I tested it I paid $8 for foxfi, just because I didn't feel like fooling with starting it and re starting it with the free version. I just start foxfi and when it says verifying account I hit the home button.(Not sure if I need to do that but never tried it without doing that)

mike102871

Feb 20, 2011
Motorola Edge 20
im on stock rooted rom. I froze tethering provision using rom toolbox. Download tether widget from playstore and it will activate the native tether app with no problems.

demon28

Jan 16, 2011
brooklyn NY
Does it by pass the subscription and if so is it capped off at the 2.5gb threshold?

GSXR6

Oct 6, 2013
Im just tired of coming to this thread, asking the same question over and over. Im asking what, when, where, why, and How, but I keep getting the same thing....... Only do this, just do that. But clearly, thats not it because I still get blocked and directed to the upsell screen. Everyone claims this to work, but I dont see it. I have installed the .zips, created APNs by the dozen, flipped phone off buildings, bungee jumped with shoe strings, and aint nothing working cause they aint completely explaining the process by step. Screw this free tethering, ill just duck-tape some hangers together on the roof and wait for it to rain.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: lances1027

mike102871

Feb 20, 2011
Motorola Edge 20
Im using wiked rom with some apn setting changes. Change ipv from 6 to 4. Then add , dun to apn type. Save changes and tether will work. I do not have tether on my plan and I tethered 3 gb of netflix on the road. PM if you need help.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: consuelo84

MixedbarbiiVA

Jul 20, 2015
I don't have the Note.

Wifi Tether is not working with 4.3 firmware.

I get it to work but only my laptop can see the Wifi. My other phone cannot see this Wifi. Do you have this problem?

Can you help me if possible I have an unlocked t-mobile note 3 which I am using MetroPCS as my carrier I'm trying to get my mobile hotspot to work but its not working and then I tried to download Wi-Fi tether and that's not working as well I am rooted on Android 5.0

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
I'm using my own custom rom, I don't always use tethering like before, but yes I bought WiFi tether router from the play store from Fabio, I believe the name is. And tried t-mobile stopped it but last night I download a movie to test it out, I used it on my Note 3, and I didn't count towards the tethering, but u need the unlimited plan, it will not work on regular plans. YOU NEED UNLIMITED, I had 3gb grandfathered in plan, but they upgraded us to 5gb a few months back.

So u need a custom rom that says it fixed for tethering, and you also need a unlimited plan.

And dont download it from anywhere on the net like I did before cause it won't work, I purchased it for $2.50 I think.

It still works.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Im just tired of coming to this thread, asking the same question over and over. Im asking what, when, where, why, and How, but I keep getting the same thing....... Only do this, just do that. But clearly, thats not it because I still get blocked and directed to the upsell screen. Everyone claims this to work, but I dont see it. I have installed the .zips, created APNs by the dozen, flipped phone off buildings, bungee jumped with shoe strings, and aint nothing working cause they aint completely explaining the process by step. Screw this free tethering, ill just duck-tape some hangers together on the roof and wait for it to rain.

Does it by pass the subscription and if so is it capped off at the 2.5gb threshold?

its a blue one. but any should work, Youll get a pop up that says settings have stopped.

Can you help me if possible I have an unlocked t-mobile note 3 which I am using MetroPCS as my carrier I'm trying to get my mobile hotspot to work but its not working and then I tried to download Wi-Fi tether and that's not working as well I am rooted on Android 5.0

Last edited:
Reactions: noellenchris

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WiFi tether apk works with no adjustments change kernel to faux or saber and it will work

http://android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com/files/wifi_tether_v3_4-experimental1.apk
    Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
    I use the stock tether under my unlimited plan. Would only use it seldom though for my tablet or notebook.

Unlimited plan allows up to 2.5gb tethering a month which for that purpose is more than enough for me.

I have tethered almost 60gb with xbox etc... With no problem ... I do get a message about data usage ... lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Hope you dont get a lol bill....let us know Im scared to go over the 2.5gb

Well i have pre-paid month to month $70.00 and never had no problem ... right now i have tethered 40GB ...
    Which tether widget did you download from the play store?

its a blue one. but any should work, Youll get a pop up that says settings have stopped.