[APP][4.0+][V2.0.45]Automated Device (Rules Engine evolution)

Search This thread

Michael B.N.

Apr 25, 2011
Silkeborg
Possible to add a difference between 'program running' (in foreground/active) and....'program running' (in background/in multitasking list)?

I have created a very handy rule that turns auto screen rotation on when I open chrome, or gallery, and off when I close them. But unless I close them from the multitasking tray the rule doesnt switch off.

If you can add this to your to dos I think it could be useful!

I agree with this one. I've tried to apply a rule when starting Titanium Backup but it doesn't seem that your app can figure out if Titanium Backup really is running/is active or it has been running and still is in the background/in the multitasking list.

rkuijpers

Aug 3, 2010
Very, very nice app, uses less battery than llama for sure on my One X!

I've been a loyal llama user for over 2 years, since buying my Desire, but I'm definitely hooked on Automated Device already! :D

Thanks Daniel for sharing your outstanding and constantly (fast!) updated work with us! :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

grinder777

May 15, 2012
Thanks for this great app!

Found a bug:
I tried to send an SMS at specific time. When I choose the contact from picker it lost the first two Numbers...
e.g. 0151 1234567 went to 511234567.

And a feature request..?:
A 2G/3G switch in actions would be great!

Anyway, congtinue - donations will come soon!
Thanx again and

Have fun!

Gesendet von meinem MD_LIFETAB_P9516 mit Tapatalk 4

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
Thanks for this great app!

Found a bug:
I tried to send an SMS at specific time. When I choose the contact from picker it lost the first two Numbers...
e.g. 0151 1234567 went to 511234567.

And a feature request..?:
A 2G/3G switch in actions would be great!

Anyway, congtinue - donations will come soon!
Thanx again and

Have fun!

Gesendet von meinem MD_LIFETAB_P9516 mit Tapatalk 4
thanks
I will take a look at the contact issue but I gues Its a locate problem. Automated Device just receive the number received by the dialog. Will see.
2G/3G/4G is a nice feature but requires root. There are non root ways but there as many ways as devices exists. Anyway I will continue searching for a universal way....

Reactions: grinder777

Demigod121

Feb 27, 2008
Stanton, CA
Great app. Lots of great features and functionality!

I'd love to have a toggle for the lock screen so I can disable it if I'm on AC and on my work or home WiFi. Not sure if it can be done but it'd be great if it can be added!

Thanks again!

TheBashar

Mar 30, 2011
Hi
I ve created a version that should support both systems (GSM and CDMA). The range for GSM is 0-31 and for CDMA is 0-6. Could you try it?
You can download it from the direct link in the first post
I cant test CDMA devices so I prefer to test it here before uploading to the market
Thanks¡¡

Thank you very much! Works great on my CDMA phone. The 0-6 seem to correspond to the number of bars. Very handy! Thanks for the quick turnaround!

TheBashar

Mar 30, 2011
One of the most useful "advanced" features of Lama is the ability to delay actions where they are executed after a customizable time period and optionally only if the trigger conditions are still true. This allows things like "after I've been home for 90 seconds" or "when cell signal is still 0 after 5 minutes".

Do you think this might be a future feature? Or is it too complex for the simpler user interface you are targeting?

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
You can do it with automated device. When you insert the first action set a delay of x minutes. So when the rule is matched the first action in the list will wait for x minutes before execution and will check if the rule is still matched. Then the next actions will be executed after the first one if the rule still matches...

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: TheBashar

david916

Jun 15, 2013
Saint-Cannat (France)
Hi,
As a non-root user, I am not able to kill my GPS Navigation app(Waze: great app!), when reaching Home/Office.
Are you planning to add "android intent" actions...so i could use a built-in Intent of WAZE ("close elirant intent" = clean close waze with llama)?
Thanks.
david

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
Hi,
As a non-root user, I am not able to kill my GPS Navigation app(Waze: great app!), when reaching Home/Office.
Are you planning to add "android intent" actions...so i could use a built-in Intent of WAZE ("close elirant intent" = clean close waze with llama)?
Thanks.
david
Hi
Yes. Android Intent actions is already in my todo list and will be ready very soon

TheOtherTiagoTiago

Sep 3, 2012
Lisbon
Regarding the polygonal geofencing thing. How expensive are those circles? Could you make it so the user specifies the vertices of the polygon, and then the program figures out the optimum position and radius of at most N circles to cover the area of the polygon with the least area outside of it covered as possible ? (with N being an option the user can set)

Ideally, that would result in just a single condition (per polygon); with the vertices saved so the user can change things later without having to start from scratch.

Btw, how often does the geofencing functionality checks the position? I'm noticing sometimes even though the little blue dot is inside the radius the condition still acts as if it isn't.... Or is the problem that it doesn't pay attention to GPS, but just to the less precise alternatives?

Last edited:

TheOtherTiagoTiago

Sep 3, 2012
Lisbon
Hi
Location is provided by wifi and mobile cells. It depends on Google systems
Hm, even when there is a recent more accurate position provided by GPS?

...why would you like to use polygons?

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk
There aren't lots of circular areas in a city.

For the moment what i'm trying to do is have it switch off wifi and switch on mobile data whenever i leave my building, and the reverse when i'm back home; but avoiding false positives caused by dropped connections or crazy location miscalculation. What i have done right now for that is to check for both not being connected to my home wifi and being outside of the building (need the two 'cause neither one alone is reliable; my apartment got thick walls and a very RF polluted neighbourhood, and watching the map (and my location history) i've seen my location get wrong by at least a couple city blocks once in a while (a few times i've even teleported to the middle of the Atlantic for an instance, according to my phone); checking for both makes it so false positives require the two unrelated measures to be incorrect at the same time, much less likely).

Though, if it doesn't use GPS at all, it means that once i'm out of the building all i'll have is the position of the cell tower (i don't think it does tower triangulation/trilateration; by the looks of it, it just looks up where the current tower should be based on it's ID or something of the sort). And since my building doesn't got it's own cell tower, once i'm out AD will never know i'm back home unless i manually enable wifi again... Or does the geofencing functionality take in consideration the error radius?

ps: Hm, now i'm remembering back when i had Symbian phones, there was an app that would show the direction to the current cell tower, with 120 degrees of precision (i believe the towers got 3 directional antennas, aimed 120 degrees apart, and they identify themselves differently); usually, as long as there wasn't too much stuff between me and the antenna it was easy to find them by eye with the help of that app. Something like that would already be a tad better than the omnidirectional radius thing; not much help if geofencing still ignores the radius though.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi
    After 2 years developing and improving Rules Engine I have created Automated Device for 4.0+ devices.
    This program is rules engine that let your device behave automatically according to conditions and execute actions
    Please submit any comment, error, suggestion here.

Android Market link
    Direct link to APK

Automated Device is an application designed to let you automate the behaviour of your device. It is based in rules. The user can define many rules to define the device's state in different situations.
    A rule is defined by:
    Conditions: When every condition (AND clause) o at least one (OR clause) in a rule is satisfied then the rule is satisfied. Examples:
    From Monday to Friday, between 12:00 and 05:00 (Time-Date condition)
    To be inside (or outside) my home (Position condition)
    Bluetooth state is ON (Hardware condition)
    Battery level between 0% and 20%
    Incoming phone call
    Incoming SMS containing some word
    Power state, battery or connected
    Screen state
    Other rule is matched or not
    Other program is running or not
    Phone state (ringing...)
    Calendar appointments. This condition is matched when current date is inside of the appointment and the appointment text contain a user defined word
    Brightness mode
    autosync state
    Network type (GPRS, HSPA, CDMA, LTE, etc)
    Device connectivity state
    Headphone state
    Car mode
    Dim state
    Wifi hotspot
    To be connected to a wifi network specified by its name
    To receive a SMS/MMS comming from some phone number or with its text containing some word or phase
    Ambient light
    Ambient temperature
    Pressure
    Proximity sensor level
    Some phone number is calling you (ringin), or is in call with you, or just called you
    Mobile operator name

Actions to be executed when the rule passes from unmached to matched: Actions to be executed when every condition is satisfied. Each one can be applied once or periodically while the rule is matched Examples:
    Set Bluetooth OFF
    Set device volume
    Launch a program
    Kill a program
    Apply a profile. A profile is compound by actions. So when the rule applies a profile it simply execute its associated actions.
    Set different kinds of sound levels (system, notification, alarms, etc)
    Set Brightness mode (automatic / manual) and bright level
    Set autosync state
    Play a song
    Send SMS
    Send Email. You can include many variables, like free memory and disk, last caller, battery statistics, sensors values (pressure, light, temperature, etc)
    Car mode
    Set wallpaper
    Set ringtone (android ringtone or user mp3)
    Screen off timeout
    Dim state
    Wifi hotspot
    Play a system notification
    Vibrate some milliseconds
    Show popup message with free text and variables
    Show a tob bar notification with free text and variables
    Enable / Disable rules.
    Sent variables (temperature, position, etc) to a web server as HTTP parameters
    Open system dialogs, like 3G/2G, Tethering, etc
    Actions to be executed when the rule passes from matched to unmatched. (The same ones like the above section)
    The device broadcast many events, like battery level, time, etc. Those events are processed by Automated Device and the rules are evaluated.
    Important: When a rule is applied then It wont be applied again until it doesn't satisfy it previously. For example, if a rule condition is "Battery level less than 15%" and the action is "Play a song" and current battery level is 10% then the song will play. But it wont play again until the rule wont be satisfied and then satisfied again. So if the battery level raises to 20% and then decreases again to 8% then it will play the song again. This avoid loops so a rule is executed many times.
    Sections:
    SWITCHERS: This window lets you change the state of Wifi, Bluetooth, etc. It also lets you set a time-out. When the time expires the program will set the previous state. It also lets you "lock" a profile with/without time limit. For example, if you go the cinema you could lock the profile "Silent". When Automated Device is locked it wont execute any rule
    PROFILES: A profile is a set of actions. This section lets you define and apply right now a profile. For example, you could create the profile "Meeting". Its actions would be speaker to vibrate, flight mode and send a SMS. The three actions would be applied. You could establish a timeout. During this time the program WONT apply any rule. In this way the program wont apply other rule that could change the speaker state, for example. Once the timer expires then the engine will be enabled again.
    NEW PROFILE: This dialog lets you choose a name and description for the new profile.
    ACTIONS: Here you can choose the set of actions associated to the profile.
    RULES: In this windows you can manage your rules and create new ones. If the background of the rule is RED it means the rule isn't met right now. If the background is GREEN it means the rule is met right now.
    RULE INFORMATION: This screen lets you manage the name and description and shows how many conditions and actions the rule has. It lets you set the priority of the rule. If two rules match at the same time then this priority will solve conflicts. For example, if both rules are going to change the audio state. It also lets you add/edit/remote more actions/conditions.
    RULE CONDITIONS: This screen lets you add / remove / edit conditions. There are several types of conditions:
    WEEK DAY AND TIME: You can select some weekdays and then a begin time and end time. For example, Monday and Tuesday from 22:00 to 06:00
    ENTER/EXIT A PLACE: You must choose a location and a radius. So if you choose a "Enter a place condition" then the condition will be met if you are inside. If you choose "Exit a a place condition" then the condition will be met if you are outside.
    STATUS CONDITIONS: There are many conditions related with some hardware status. For example, you could use WIFI ON. This condition is matched when the WIFI state is ON
    LOG: This screen shows the application log. Each log line has a category: Debug, Info, Warning and Error. Here you know what happens inside the program. You can see a rules history. And you can clear it and export it by email.
    SETTINGS: Hare you configure the program.
    Launch at boot time: If selected the the program will be launched at boot time.
    Log level. This options lets you choose what kind of log events you want to store.
    Automated Device enabled. If disabled then It wont process events.
    Show icon notificacion in the top bar.
    EXPERIMENTAL: Location autorefresh interval. By default Android doesnt allow location changes when the screen is off. This option try to fix it.

Log changes
    V2.0.45 (2014-03-08)
    Compatibility between accessibility service and OK Google
    NFC tags can be detected with the program in background

V2.0.38 (2014-03-04)
    Action HTTP Request uses GET instead of POST
    New Variable. Last HTTP Status for action HTTP request
    Flag feature action. Set value to a Variable value
    Accessibility can be disabled
    Bug fixing

V2.0.37 (2014-03-02)
    Condition NFC. Use your NFC tags as conditions
    Option to disable Accessibility service
    Bug fixing

V2.0.30 (2014-02-21)
    New action: Text speech. You can use free text and variables
    New Flag: Last top bar notification text
    New Condition: Detect a top bar notification. You can filter by program sender, text or none
    With these features you can, for example, let AD read aloud the notifications coming from gmail, line, etc
    New option in home windows: Export. It takes your rules and convert them into text to share it with developer and other users

V2.0.27 (2014-02-19)
    Improved disable/enable lock screen
    Bug fixing

V2.0.24 (2014-02-18)
    Improved Sound action: Added BT call sound
    Vibrate if internal error is optional
    Improved Variables: time, date and flag value
    Improved Bar Notification action: persistent. You decide if the user can dismiss the notification with his finger
    Improved set flag action: Persistent. Choose if the flag is removed when a rule is modified and all the rules are re-evaluated
    Improved set flag action: Numeric operations: You can increment or decrement a flag (if numeric)
    Improved flag condition: New comparators: bigger, bigger or equals, lower, lower or equals

V2.0.43 (2014-03-07)
    Flight mode switcher, condition and action enabled. Only for rooted devices with Xposed and Flight mode helper

V2.0.36 (2014-02-25)
    Option backup the database
    Option restore the database from a previous version
    So you can do a backup, play with new rules, conditions....and restore if you are not happy with the result
    Support for xlarge screens

V2.0.23 (2014-02-17)
    Improved action Show notification bar. The user can select a custom icon
    New action: Dismiss a notification bar. So you can, for example, display a notification bar when a rule or profile is applied and remove it when it doesnt match
    Bug fixing

V2.0.21 (2014-02-15)
    New action: set call forwarding status
    New conditions: On booting and On shutting down
    Bug fixing

V2.0.18 (2014-02-14)
    Switcher to enable/disable lock screen
    New action: Enable / Disable lock screen

V2.0.17 (2014-02-13)
    Improved location condition
    New action: Set a flag value
    New condition: check a flag value
    See active flags from home window menu

V2.0.22 (2014-02-16)
    New action: Send Android Intent
    New action: Call forwarding (international)
    Bug fixing

V2.0.16 (2014-02-12)
    Bug fixing
    Program status condition allows to search between all the processes or only the foreground ones

V2.0.15 (2014-02-11)
    New Location system: Google play services.Check settings page
    Added command in home window to recreate the database

V2.0.14 (2014-02-10)
    Bug fixing
    Improved BT connected device. Now works with multiple devices at the same time

V2.0.11 (2014-02-09
    Bug fixing
    Added compatibility without telephony system, like tablets
    New condition: Phone Signal Strength
    New condition: Device orientation (facing up/down)

V2.0.8 (2014-02-08)
    Periodic actions are executed in a background thread, solving problems related with network actions (send mail, http post)
    Bug fixing

V2.0.7 (2014-02-07)
    New condition: Dock state

V2.0.6 (2014-02-06)
    Actions execution delay now included in Action repeat window
    Changed bar notification icon (white)
    New Condition: Battery temperature

V2.0.5 (2014-02-05)
    New condition: Lock screen state

V2.0.4 (2014-02-04)
    Bug fixing....

V2.0.3 (2014-02-03)

Fixed send email action
    Bug fixing...

V2.0.2 (2014-01-27)

Back button in home page hides the GUI
    Menu button in home page shows menu drawer

V2.0.1 (2014-01-26)

Fix icon bar notification
    Several optimizations

V2.0 (2014-01-15)

Automated Device is ported to Android 4.x and named Automated Device to leverage android 4.x power
    Fixed automated backup/restore data from/to google account
    reuploaded apk to set release google maps api key
    V2.0.1 Uploaded
    Fix icon bar notification
    Several optimizations
    Uploaded to market V2.0.2
    Back button in home page hides the GUI
    Menu button in home page shows menu drawer