[Q] Stock rom, boot loop, Odin cannot connect

Search This thread

PepekT

Nov 20, 2012
Hi guys, my friend have this phone and one day he wanted to turn it on and phone is stucked in bootloop. I thought that i'll just flash again firmware through Odin, but i can't connect phone to Pc/Odin. I tried instal drivers (I have Win8) so i tried do it on PC with win 7 and that didn't help neither. Phone have stock rom and it's not rooted. Do you have any ideas what to do? I really don't know how to make phone communicate with PC. Thank you for every advice and sorry for my english.

F4uzan

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 20, 2012
Wait, what did your friend do ?
Because it's (almost) impossible to make phone go bootloop if the phone isn't rooted.

PepekT

Nov 20, 2012
Wait, what did your friend do ?
Because it's (almost) impossible to make phone go bootloop if the phone isn't rooted.

I have no idea. He told me that one time he just turned it on and then it stuck on Samsung logo. Phone is rooted now but still in bootloop. (now stucked on type of phone) I tried instal custom rom but it didn't help. In stock recovery was error "can't mount /data rebooting" but there is no more in CWM. So do you think that /data partion is corrupted?

F4uzan

Jul 20, 2012
I have no idea. He told me that one time he just turned it on and then it stuck on Samsung logo. Phone is rooted now but still in bootloop. (now stucked on type of phone) I tried instal custom rom but it didn't help. In stock recovery was error "can't mount /data rebooting" but there is no more in CWM. So do you think that /data partion is corrupted?

AFAIK, you must format sdcard / wipe data to fix this

#F4UZAN : Team Optima

F4uzan

Jul 20, 2012
Because some user has also experienced this issue, and formatting sdcard fixed the issur

PepekT

Nov 20, 2012
Because some user has also experienced this issue, and formatting sdcard fixed the issur

Ok. Thank you for your advice. So i tried fourth coumputer and some other versions of Odin and phone is finally connected to Odin. But this is all what i get when i try to flash stock FW. (picture)
odin.png

Last edited: