[ROM][WWE][2010-NOV-25][SENSE 2.1/2.5/NO-SENSE] The Captain's Special (23149/21914)

Search This thread

sleepingsickness

Dec 7, 2009
uh oh

the opera 9 browser wouldn't work for me, so i decided to download the new beta version to test it out, and delete opera 9 from my programs.
i did a soft reset and now my phone is stuck on the last splash screen before sense loads up

:(

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
the opera 9 browser wouldn't work for me, so i decided to download the new beta version to test it out, and delete opera 9 from my programs.
i did a soft reset and now my phone is stuck on the last splash screen before sense loads up

:(
You made the change to the opera.ini file, and Opera still wouldn't work? Removing Opera shouldn't stop the phone from booting up. Were you able to remove Opera successfully using "Remove Programs"?

eudaemonic

Feb 5, 2009
Marion, OH
Thanks for the encouraging words :)

That MSVC out of memory error I refer to only happened to me once, and only on 2nd boot. I'm running the 28014 Sense 2.1 ROM myself right now, and I don't ever get an out of memory error. The only reason it occurs on 2nd boot is because Connection Setup runs. Not sure why you'd still be getting the error. Has anyone else had this problem?

I had installed the latest Palringo, which dropped an exe in startup. I removed that and haven't seen the error since - but I havent had to soft-reset. Also I installed my own version of MSVC (1.6.19209). It's running with no errors w/o Palringo.

My pagepool is at 20mb, just FYI.

I am curious to know if your voicemail number was auto-detected from connection setup - mine won't (holding 1 on dial-pad). Aside from the installation setup, I've also run Connection Setup from /settings/connections. I'm not sure if there's another way to force populate it. I may need a HR but things sure are running well...

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I had installed the latest Palringo, which dropped an exe in startup. I removed that and haven't seen the error since - but I havent had to soft-reset. Also I installed my own version of MSVC (1.6.19209). It's running with no errors w/o Palringo.

My pagepool is at 20mb, just FYI.

I am curious to know if your voicemail number was auto-detected from connection setup - mine won't (holding 1 on dial-pad). Aside from the installation setup, I've also run Connection Setup from /settings/connections. I'm not sure if there's another way to force populate it. I may need a HR but things sure are running well...
Actually I noticed that too. I had it working at one point - I think it stopped working when I changed over to the Leo Comm Manager. I'll have to try and fix that for the next ROM. In the meantime, calling your own cell phone number will usually call your voicemail, so you can program that number in (that works for me, at least).

eudaemonic

Feb 5, 2009
Marion, OH
Actually I noticed that too. I had it working at one point - I think it stopped working when I changed over to the Leo Comm Manager. I'll have to try and fix that for the next ROM. In the meantime, calling your own cell phone number will usually call your voicemail, so you can program that number in (that works for me, at least).

Thanks man. As far as I can tell, all other AT&T settings took well - GPS screams out of the box.

sleepingsickness

Dec 7, 2009
You made the change to the opera.ini file, and Opera still wouldn't work? Removing Opera shouldn't stop the phone from booting up. Were you able to remove Opera successfully using "Remove Programs"?

well, i guess i effed something up somehow, but i havent really put anything on my phone besides myspace and new opera? idk, but i had to hard reset my phone. i don't mind though, fresh new start

p.s.
microsoft myphone and marketplace are not removable via remove programs

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
well, i guess i effed something up somehow, but i havent really put anything on my phone besides myspace and new opera? idk, but i had to hard reset my phone. i don't mind though, fresh new start

p.s.
microsoft myphone and marketplace are not removable via remove programs
Thanks for the info - I guess that means I need to open the CABs & modify them so they are. That'll be corrected for next ROM version as well. If you try to reinstall an uninstallable version over the versions in the ROM, and then cancel them, that will also uninstall them. If you'd like to do that, I can make that modification & post the updated CABs here.

EDIT: I just cehcked, and the CABs should be uninstallable. I know they show up in the list - do you not see them in yours? They both start with "Microsoft" in the list (Microsoft My Phone & Microsoft Marketplace Bootstrap).

Last edited:

sleepingsickness

Dec 7, 2009
Thanks for the info - I guess that means I need to open the CABs & modify them so they are. That'll be corrected for next ROM version as well. If you try to reinstall an uninstallable version over the versions in the ROM, and then cancel them, that will also uninstall them. If you'd like to do that, I can make that modification & post the updated CABs here.

EDIT: I just cehcked, and the CABs should be uninstallable. I know they show up in the list - do you not see them in yours? They both start with "Microsoft" in the list (Microsoft My Phone & Microsoft Marketplace Bootstrap).

that would be nice, but i don't mind man. don't put in the extra time for me
just keep your mind on the newer roms haha :]
and no, i've quadruple checked my programs list, they aren't listed whatsoever

it's not like i'm going to uninstall those, just wanted to share info and help you update your first post where it says they're on the list

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
that would be nice, but i don't mind man. don't put in the extra time for me
just keep your mind on the newer roms haha :]
and no, i've quadruple checked my programs list, they aren't listed whatsoever

it's not like i'm going to uninstall those, just wanted to share info and help you update your first post where it says they're on the list
oh wait - you're using the Sense 2.5 ROM, aren't you . . . I made some uipdates with the Sense 2.1 ROM, and that was one of them. Though I've always installed My Phone via CAB - I guess the one in the Sense 2.5 ROM must not be uninstallable.

For future reference, it's very helpful to me if you remind me which version you're using (though I realize in your sig it says build 28011 - generally both ROMs will use the same build)

sleepingsickness

Dec 7, 2009
oh wait - you're using the Sense 2.5 ROM, aren't you . . . I made some uipdates with the Sense 2.1 ROM, and that was one of them. Though I've always installed My Phone via CAB - I guess the one in the Sense 2.5 ROM must not be uninstallable.

For future reference, it's very helpful to me if you remind me which version you're using (though I realize in your sig it says build 28011 - generally both ROMs will use the same build)

My bad, i forgot to include that part in my sig
I'll update it right now. Sense 2.5 is pretty sweeet haha
I tried 2.1 for a couple days, but wanted a twitter tab, lol

sleepingsickness

Dec 7, 2009
oh oh, i forgot another thing.
when setting up contacts, the "import sim contacts" button doesn't work
at least for me (sense 2.5)
so i had to manually set my sim contacts as "people" contacts onto my phone

not sure if this could be fixed or if my phone is just out of whack
(it's refurbished -_-)

Peaster111

Feb 9, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
I have the battery icons in a custom DLL called "battery_meter.dll". You can find it in the \Windows folder. If you don't like it, you can also uninstall it in "Remove Programs". It's called "T-Back FInix White Battery Icons".

Thanks... I should have been able to figure that out... too many files to wade through in the Win directory I guess ;). No plans on uninstalling it... I just changed it :). I revised it for colors... I've attached it in case you or others are interested. I also have the other TopBar files from the 28011 ROM I tweaked for eye candy. I made a cab (inside Peaster111 TopBar Icons_28011.zip) of which includes all of them.

Installing this will make your TopBar look very similar to the Icons used in Arrup's ROMs.

The revised files are:
battery_meter.dll
notify.dll.0409.mui
outres.192.dll
shellres.192.dll
tapres.192.dll
tshres.192.dll
All the Bluetooth Icons
The Stereo Headset Icons
The GPS Icons

Enjoy...

Attachments

• Battery.png
    Battery.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

sleepingsickness

Dec 7, 2009
mannn, i am having no lucky today :(

now the weather animations/pictures aren't showing up on the home screen
just my city's name
also the little menu softkey isn't showing up on the home screen either
and it's just freezing up so much now haha, dang

spideyngo

May 10, 2009
NorthWest
HTC Leo
HTC One (m7)
AWESOME ROM!!!!....Can you put the quoted post in your 2nd or 3rd Post

Yo Yo Captain my Captain.
I've ditched rRedux and/or RRE's no longer supported ROMS for yours.
I downloaded all three and started with 21885 w/ Sense 2.1
Love it, Love IT, LOVE IT!!!!

My only request is that you put the highly helpful post below as a sticky early on so your loyal ROM fans don't have to search for it.

By the way, many a times I've used your cabs or advise to setup my Fuze.
I've got much luv for the ROM. I had been waiting a long time for you to do this. No hesitation as soon as I saw it, I flashed immediately. I knew you produced good stuff.

Oh yeah, I uninstalled flip-it not realizing I could just disable it, now I am bummed because I don't know how to get it back. Do you have a cab link I missed somewhere?

Merry Christma-Hanna-Quanzi-Rama-Kah everybody!!!

I have the battery icons in a custom DLL called "battery_meter.dll". You can find it in the \Windows folder. If you don't like it, you can also uninstall it in "Remove Programs". It's called "T-Back FInix White Battery Icons".

You're right - I didn't mention it. It's easily removable, though. Just delete these registry keys:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\DeviceBeta]
"Today"="Cap's Special"
"Expiry"="Build: 28011"

I will consider this. I might even actually do it if a few more people want it. It'll just take some time, since I have to use an entirely different set of drivers to cook a 6.1 ROM.

You'll have to wait for kimi_sae_ireba to release the Sense 2.1 port for this.

1. That's a port issue - nothing I can do about that. It comes and goes.

2. Delete the "Redirect" key under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Input] to get the Input settings back. Also, for the EzInput pop-up menu, there's a shortcut for the EzInput SIP Menu (thanks to programatix for that).

3. I prefer Flip_IT, which is why I include it in my ROM. The regular Sensor SDK 4 doesn't work properly with rotation in 6.5.x builds. Feel free to disable or uninstall it (Remove Programs). Then just add install G-Config to add in whatever apps you want to rotate (but be warned, some of them may not rotate correctly).

4. That's a Manila "feature" - so you can see the animation. There's a "fix" for it somewhere, but I don't know if it's completely compatible with the version of Manila I'm using. Besides that, I kind of like it.

5. That's because it came from a device that doesn't have a keyboard (Leo). If you don't like it, just restore your Input Settings applet and choose a different keyboard.

6. Not sure what you mean. Are you talking about when you open a photo, and it doesn't fill up the whole screen? If so, that's because this version of Album is hard-coded for a WVGA device. I include it because it integrates the best with all of the Social Networking included in Sense 2.5. If that's a deal-breaker for you, you might want to use the Sense 2.1 ROM.

7. That, again is an issue with the Dialer's compatibility with WM 6.5.x builds. Nothing I can do about that.

Under "Applications", choose "Flip_IT", and uncheck "Enable GSensor".

Peaster111

Feb 9, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
oh oh, i forgot another thing.
when setting up contacts, the "import sim contacts" button doesn't work
at least for me (sense 2.5)
so i had to manually set my sim contacts as "people" contacts onto my phone

not sure if this could be fixed or if my phone is just out of whack
(it's refurbished -_-)
That *may* be because I left out the Leo "Import SIM Contacts" package. I never use it, so I didn't include it. I didn't even think that it would break that feature. Another something to fix for next time.

Thanks... I should have been able to figure that out... too many files to wade through in the Win directory I guess ;). No plans on uninstalling it... I just changed it :). I revised it for colors... I've attached it in case you or others are interested. I also have the other TopBar files from the 28011 ROM I tweaked for eye candy. I made a cab (inside Peaster111 TopBar Icons_28011.zip) of which includes all of them.

Installing this will make your TopBar look very similar to the Icons used in Arrup's ROMs.

The revised files are:
battery_meter.dll
notify.dll.0409.mui
outres.192.dll
shellres.192.dll
tapres.192.dll
tshres.192.dll
All the Bluetooth Icons
The Stereo Headset Icons
The GPS Icons

Enjoy...
Thanks for this. I was considering asking arupp's permission to use his top bar icons, but then I figured I can just keep the plain look, and people can install custom ones if they'd like. Thanks for the work on this. I'll link it on the front page.

mannn, i am having no lucky today :(

now the weather animations/pictures aren't showing up on the home screen
just my city's name
also the little menu softkey isn't showing up on the home screen either
and it's just freezing up so much now haha, dang
Well, I know that works out of the box, so I can only assume something you've installed broke that. It may be hard reset time :rolleyes:.
Yo Yo Captain my Captain.
I've ditched rRedux and/or RRE's no longer supported ROMS for yours.
I downloaded all three and started with 21885 w/ Sense 2.1
Love it, Love IT, LOVE IT!!!!

My only request is that you put the highly helpful post below as a sticky early on so your loyal ROM fans don't have to search for it.

By the way, many a times I've used your cabs or advise to setup my Fuze.
I've got much luv for the ROM. I had been waiting a long time for you to do this. No hesitation as soon as I saw it, I flashed immediately. I knew you produced good stuff.

Oh yeah, I uninstalled flip-it not realizing I could just disable it, now I am bummed because I don't know how to get it back. Do you have a cab link I missed somewhere?

Merry Christma-Hanna-Quanzi-Rama-Kah everybody!!!
I will add those questions & answers to the FAQ on the first page (as soon as I get a chance). The Flip_IT CAB is in the \Windows folder. I believe it's called "Flip_IT_by_Wildberry_Team_Topaz.cab", or something similar.

Here's the "Manila Clock flipping fix". It appears to be compatible with 2.1 and 2.5. I'm using it myself.

Disable clock flip_Manila 2.1 and 2.5 (VGA).zip
Thanks for the link. I'll also put this in the FAQ.

@everyone
Thanks for everyone who has flashed the ROMs and provided feedback. I will try to incorporate the various fixes in the next round of ROMs. Unfortunately, the portable hard drive where my kitchen resides has become corrupted, so I have to rebuild from scratch. Hopefully I can get up and running again before a new build emerges. Please bear with me, in the meantime.

zarn

May 19, 2006
Stornoway
A couple of niggles

Hiya capt,
Nice rom, best 6.5 rom I've seen, camera gps, orientation etc even work. Thankyou, I've got an issue with bluetooth and voice commander. I have tried using both OEMAGW.dll and vcbthag.dll
Double press for redial works fine on both standard and a2dp headsets
Single press on standard headset works fine to activate voice commander
but single/long press with an a2dp doesn't it just starts/pauses the media player.
If the stereo function is disabled it will redial but wont activate voice command. it has worked fine in other roms

The "Rhodium Phone Canvas, by amarullz" link is dead, though site is now back up do you have another link?

The current phone dialer seems to be sitting a little low, cutting off the bottom of the keypad/end call buttons during calls though all the other dialer screens seem fine.

Thanks again, I am very much looking forward to the next release
cheers

PS using the 2.1 rom

Last edited:

johnfoam

Dec 18, 2008
High Memory Utilization?

I'm on 21885 sense 2.1, and I'm experiencing very high memory utilization. After boot, I'm at about 50%, which I find pretty typical of a 6.5 build. However, it quickly creeps up to as much as 80 to 90%. I'm not doing anything different than I usually do - opera, google maps, etc. I'm not even sure I'd be able to run co-pilot without closing down everything else first. Anyone experience this?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
How about a rom in CDMA flavor?! :)
Unlikely, as I don't have a CDMA device to test it on.

Hiya capt,
Nice rom, best 6.5 rom I've seen, camera gps, orientation etc even work. Thankyou, I've got an issue with bluetooth and voice commander. I have tried using both OEMAGW.dll and vcbthag.dll
Double press for redial works fine on both standard and a2dp headsets
Single press on standard headset works fine to activate voice commander
but single/long press with an a2dp doesn't it just starts/pauses the media player.
If the stereo function is disabled it will redial but wont activate voice command. it has worked fine in other roms
I think this is because I used a Topaz driver that may be causing an issue. Once I finish my kitchen rebuild, I'll have a better idea of the issues.
The "Rhodium Phone Canvas, by amarullz" link is dead, though site is now back up do you have another link?

The current phone dialer seems to be sitting a little low, cutting off the bottom of the keypad/end call buttons during calls though all the other dialer screens seem fine.

Thanks again, I am very much looking forward to the next release
cheers

PS using the 2.1 rom
I don't have that dialer posted anywhere else, but I'll upload it to Mediafire when I get a chance. I've noticed the same thing with the Dialer, but pyrorob didn't have a solution for the issue. Since it's an AT&T Dialer, compatibility was more of a concern for me than the screen being slightly misaligned :rolleyes:.

I'm on 21885 sense 2.1, and I'm experiencing very high memory utilization. After boot, I'm at about 50%, which I find pretty typical of a 6.5 build. However, it quickly creeps up to as much as 80 to 90%. I'm not doing anything different than I usually do - opera, google maps, etc. I'm not even sure I'd be able to run co-pilot without closing down everything else first. Anyone experience this?
I didn't notice this, but I didn't really run that ROM long enough to notice. That could be because of my corrupted kitchen as well. Again, I've have a better idea on any issues when my reconstruction is complete (I'm not even halfway there yet :()

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is there any way to disable the caller id slide to unlock? sometimes its a pain to pick up a call and depending if my hands are at all wet i cant slide the slide to pick up a call
    No, not really. You do know you can use the hardware keys to answer the phone, right?

There aren't any non-Slide-to-Answer dialers being made by HTC anymore. The last one I know of was the original Raphael dialer (which doesn't play nice with Sense or WM 6.5).

There is a hack to use the stock Dialer, I think. But it's definitely not as pretty, and I'm not sure how well it works, to be honest :rolleyes:.
    * IMPORTANT *

THIS IS A GSM ROM. Do NOT use this ROM if you have a CDMA (Sprint, Verizon) Touch Pro!!!

To flash a custom ROM, you MUST first flash Hard-SPL by OliNex!!

If you don't know what's involved with flashing a ROM, PLEASE see mskip's guide for n00bs!!

A BIG special thanks to XDA member dschlaefer for donating his Fuze so I can continue cooking for the Raphael!!

I know what you're thinking. Does this forum really need another ROM thread? I agree; I don't think it does either. But, here I am, opening one anyway.

So, here's the skinny:

These ROMs are based on builds 23554, 23541, 21898, and 21893, and are customized for the AT&T HTC Fuze and Touch Pro. One series includes Sense 2.5 VGA, and the other includes Sense 2.1 VGA. For those who want lower CPU usage, go with the Sense 2.1 version.

The 218XX version will generally be the most stable, so if that's what you're looking for, that's the one I'd go with :rolleyes:.

I use the 4-row Start Menu (thanks to showaco), because I like it :p.

What's included in my ROMs (common to both versions):

Cooked in -
    Code:
    Opera_Browser (9.5 for Sense 2.1, 9.7 for Sense 2.5)
    EzInput 2.1 (thanks to [B]rsw686[/B])
    HTC Framework/Shared Resources (thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    HTC LockScreen (thanks to [B]conflipper[/B] & [B]indagroove[/B])
    Menu Enhancement
    HTC Connection Setup
    Album (Sense 2.5 version includes Social Networking Support - VGA version thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    Office Mobile 2010
    Windows Live (10.7) - [I]Messenger NOT Included[/I]
    JETCET Print
    Adobe PDF
    Leo Comm Manager
    YouTube (Rhodium version w/Landscape support)
    AT&T Phone Canvas from Tilt 2 (w/Video Share support - thanks to [B]pyrorob[/B] & [B]amarullz[/B])/Rhodium Phone Canvas w/Video Call support
    Arcsoft MMS
    JBlend Java
    Enhanced Power Off Warning
    Streaming_Media
    Quick GPS
    Notification Enhancement (COM5 builds use 3.5, COM2 builds use 2.0 - thanks to [B]Digicast Solutions[/B] for the snooze options CAB)
    Long Press End Key (accessed through a tab in "Buttons" applet under "Settings")
    G Sensor Calibrator
    HTC Calculator
    Teeter
    HTC CAMERA
    RandomAccess (Letter Picker in Contacts)
    FM Radio
    Installed by CAB (uninstallable via "Remove Programs" applet in "Settings") -
    Code:
    Mortscript - thanks to [B]mort[/B]
    Notepad Mobile (thanks to [B]shamasis[/B])
    psShutXP Power Key (skin thanks to [B]dharvey4651[/B])
    AMeBa 0.8 RC (thanks to [B]xtep[/B])
    AutoA2DP (thanks to [B]xiaojin1985[/B] & [B]supware[/B] for the CAB)
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591248"]DINIK's HD2 Icon Set[/URL]
    6Fg8's Top Bar icons (thanks to bilbobrian)
    Adobe FlashLite Distributable Player
    Flip_IT (Topaz) - thanks to [B]bepe[/B], [B]WildBerry Team[/B], & [B]tom_codon[/B] (COM5 Builds only)
    BsB G-Config (COM2 Builds only)
    Google Maps 4.0
    Microsoft My Phone
    Microsoft Marketplace
    Customization:

This ROM uses RunCC for customization, and supports User Customization (UC).

UPDATE: NEW No-SENSE version available (Fuze & TP Editions)!! See here for details (Fuze Edition): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7989374&postcount=1668; TP Edition: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8079649&postcount=1683

Features:
    • Build updated to 23541 (thanks to Da_G!)
    • Most HTC apps removed (including Album, Comm Manager, EzInput, Menu Enhancement, & Notification Manager)
    • CHome Customizations remain (Titanium Weather, myLocation, ATFavePeople)
    • Opera removed from ROM (IE panel added back to CHome/Titanium)
    • Flip_IT moved under "Utilities"
    • Office Mobile 2010 included
    • JETCET PRINT removed
    • HTC Connection Setup, HTC Calculator, Long Press End Key, HTC Dialer w/Video Call included
    DOWNLOAD LINKS:

The Captain's Special - Build 23541 - "Non-Sense"

Other ROMs/Links:

Post #2: Sense 2.1 VGA - Build 23541/21893 (FUZE - 21898)
    Post #3: Sense 2.5 VGA - Build 23133/21914
    Post #4: Add-On CABs/Fixes/Change Log/To Do/Donation Acknowledgements
    Post #5: FAQ
    Post #6: Tab by Tab Comparison of Sense 2.1 & Sense 2.5
    For the Sense 2.1 lovers . . .

Here's my "refreshed" Sense 2.1 ROM.

Changes since previous version:
    • 6.5.x Build updated to 23149 (COM 3)
    • AMeBa removed from ROM in favor of uTask (smaller memory footprint). NOTE: Long Press Start button now opens Comm Manager, Task Manager icon on Home screen opens Windows Task Manager.
    That's all I can think of for now - it's likely there are other updates (I basically had to rebuild the entire ROM, since my kitchen's been updated).

I must admit, I had forgotten how smooth Sense 2.1 is . . . (I do still prefer all of the other features of Sense 2.5). To each his own, I suppose.

Oh right, almost forgot. Here's the link:

The Captain's Special - Sense 2.1 - Build 23149 - Touch Pro Edition (Mediafire)
    I responded to the 1st two via PM, but I'm not aware of that 3rd item. Is there an additional fix you need for Rogers to fix the timestamp on SMS?

Got the PM ... much appreciated. Some carriers such as Rogers/Fido have an issue with SMS timestamping. Here's a link to a .CAB for those experiencing a time offset issue with SMS:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2252296&postcount=5

The .CAB changes the first registry key below ... but it's possible that the second registry location is required as well.

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\]
    "TrustTimeZoneField"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\SMS\]
    "RecvTimeStamp"=dword:00000001

Cheers,
    Hi cap :) So i was thinking about new rom :) Are there any new things you could cook in ? You can add hotfixes and so on :)
    I can't think of any reason to cook a new ROM at this point. I'm running a 23151 version of my Sense 2.1 ROM on my Fuze, and it's just about perfect. I almost don't want to cook anything else & ruin it :rolleyes:.