Search This thread

zyphuris55

Aug 18, 2008
Schiller Park
smooth like liquid butter

Your device model:
AT&T Touch Pro2

ROM you are using:
Energy 21898 Sense2.5 with Cookie HomeTab (Apr 14)

FPS displayed in the corner:
Long paragraph test: 22-24 fps
Short paragraph test: 31-35 fps
Control item test: 26-28 fps
Pictures test: 49-50 fps
Scroll the page till there is only black: ~53 fps

Any additional GPU drivers you have installed (if any):
At0mAng Enhanced D3D Driver

And finally how does it feel to you in general:
VERY responsive. responded very nicely to small flicks, small quick flicks, long slow flicks, and long quick flicks. The test was readable faster after a scroll than the scrolling menu WM has. There was no glitch or stutter to be found.

Final note:
5 thumbs up on your work

Last edited:

Johny_G

May 27, 2009
Prague
www.gruncl.cz
...disabling gl mode i have about 55fps everyhere also in movement and still some little flick on image stress part, but they are not so much as in older version!...

So it was all just driver issue? I guess this is the risk of developing accelerated apps :).

...Personally, I think you are doing great with the interfaces. With the scroll bar and swipe action is performing as expected. And very touch friendly...
...5 thumbs up on your work...

Thank you, guys! I would be nowhere without knowing that it does work as it should on other devices as well.

Johny_G

May 27, 2009
Prague
www.gruncl.cz
First post updated.

APR 29 is a Final Demo, but it is not the end of the development. This version should be attached to my thesis, and development will continue when it is done. The deadline is MAY 7, so do not worry, it will not take a long time. When my thesis is finished, I will release the source code as well. Please, test this final demo and send me a report; it is important to me.

Last edited:
May 19, 2008
Final Demo - Still Great!!

First post updated.

APR 29 is a Final Demo, but it is not the end of the development. This version should be attached to my thesis, and development will continue when it is done. The deadline is MAY 7, so do not worry, it will not take a long time. When my thesis is finished, I will release the source code as well. Please, test this final demo and send me a report; it is important to
me.

Your device model: HTC Touch Pro 2
ROM you are using: Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional CE OS 5.2.21864 ( Build 21864.5.3.0 )
FPS displayed in the corner:
See attachment.
Think its about 25-32++ fps averaging. On graphic areas, it's much faster like 50++ fps. On the stress test page it's pretty much stable at 20++ fps -30fps.
Any additional GPU drivers you have installed (if any): None
And finally how does it feel to you in general:
Overall I'm quite please with this piece of developement and the speed it produces especially with such a big stress page. Looking forward to the release and further updates as well. :)
Others (fun stuff you can implement if you feel like it):
Maybe if you have time after you have submitted your thesis, can work on popup forms.. that appear on top of the original form, something like layering.

Looking forward to your next update. ;)
Thanks for working on this everyday!

Attachments

• ScreenShot47.jpg
    ScreenShot47.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot48.jpg
    ScreenShot48.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot49.jpg
    ScreenShot49.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot50.jpg
    ScreenShot50.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 7
  • ScreenShot51.jpg
    ScreenShot51.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot52.jpg
    ScreenShot52.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShot53.jpg
    ScreenShot53.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 9
  • ScreenShot54.jpg
    ScreenShot54.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 11

Johny_G

May 27, 2009
Prague
www.gruncl.cz
I was just testing the app within various Rhodium ROMs, and the results are kinda surprising for me :).

Shipped ROM with WM 6.1
You have to install .NET CF 3.5 (I am wondering why, I was definitely building an .NET CF 2.0 project...)
Home: 30-40 FPS
Options: 30-31 FPS
Bench long: 24-25 FPS
Bench short: 33-34 FPS
Bench control: 27 FPS
Bench picture: 50-51 FPS
Not only the results are good - the overall speed of the system is just fantastic :).

HTC Official 6.5 upgrade
You have to install .NET CF 3.5
Home: 32-40 FPS
Bench long: 25 FPS
Bench short: 34-37 FPS
Bench control: 26-27 FPS
Bench picture: 50-51 FPS
Basically the same thing. But the system is little less responsive. Still great though.

Energy.RHODIUM.21901.Sense2.1.Apr.23
Home: 29 FPS
Options: 28-30 FPS
Bench long: 24 FPS
Bench short: 29 FPS
Bench control: 25-26 FPS
Bench picture: 29 FPS
Even when the system is as responsive as official upgrade, the OpenGL ES performance is ****ty.

Energy.RHODIUM.23563.Sense2.5.Cookie.HomeTab.Apr.23
Home: 33-39 FPS
Bench long: 25 FPS
Bench short: 35-37 FPS
Bench control: 27-28 FPS
Bench picture: 51-52 FPS
The system just does not feel that smooth (which is kinda annoying), however, the OpenGL ES performance is very impressive.

Now I have appeal on you, guys. Are you in touch with any HW accelerated device (in this case only Qualcomm, I suppose) running Windows Mobile 5 in any revision? Could you, please, try to run it? Thank you!

Johny_G

May 27, 2009
Prague
www.gruncl.cz
I would like to inform you, that my thesis was graded 1 (A), and I have succesfully finished my bachelor degree :). Thank you all for helping me with testing.

However, I will have to resolve some license issues with my university before submitting the source codes, so please, stay tuned.

Last edited:
May 19, 2008
Congratz!

Hi there!
Congrats on getting a very good grade for your thesis!! and completing your degree. :)
You most certainly deserve the reward for your hardwork. ;)

Looking forward to a favorable answer from your university.

Johny_G

May 27, 2009
Prague
www.gruncl.cz
I urged it, but it seems that my school does not give a crap about the contract. Are you still interested in using my framework so I should bother with it one more time? Or we just let it go since WM is practically dead :-/?

Johny_G

May 27, 2009
Prague
www.gruncl.cz
OMFG, after all that time, they just lost the paperwork :-(. I just hate this dumb bureaucracy, that my university owns my work... Everything in Europe is just lost in tons of paper. I will try to make them sign a new contract, but I really do not believe that anybody in WM community does care anymore. I do not even have WM phone now...