Doing factory reset, wizard force closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nimdivino

Oct 15, 2009
Hello,
Earlier today, my phone just started acting up. All day, every single app was force-closing to where I cannot even use the phone anymore. Email, google docs, dialer one, calendar, everything. It was annoying.

I decided to run a hard-reset by pressing the up/down arrows and power button. I chose factory reset and saw the lock screen.

I got to the HTC vision and I was able to enter my google account so I can start synching up my phone.

After clicked the "finish set-up I get a force Close again. Here is the exact error.

Sorry!
The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Since I can't click on anything else, I click on force close and I basically cannot see anything after that. No home screen, but I do see the taskbar on top. When I turn off and turn the phone on, I will get stuck at the Dell Logo.

Please help!!! I don't know what to do.

I have the Dell Froyo Stock Rom, can't remember exactly what build.

Thank you guys

nimdivino

Oct 15, 2009
I also don't see anything if I press on the physical menu button. I put it on my dock, I clicked the clock icon and it automatically force close, did not even see the clock.

This is so wierd. I appreciate all the help.

Thank you

Nim

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
The mods will move the thread to the right place, but to try and help the OP out, it sounds like the inner MicroSD may be going bad. Run a diagnostic on it by getting the Streak into Fastboot mode (instructions on the wiki), then tapping *#301# into the keypad that pops up in Fastboot. You should see a list of options of which one should be to test the MicroSD.

If the MicroSD passes the diagnostic, then the ROM somehow became corrupt and you need to flash a new copy. If the MicroSD doesn't pass the diagnostic, it will need to be replaced.

nimdivino

Oct 15, 2009
I am really sorry.. I thought I was in the proper thread.

Mods, please delete, I will make a new thread to the other sub-forum. I apologize once again.

Strephon Alkhalikoi: Thank you for your help. I ran the diagnostic and fortunately SD card and SIM card is working fine.

So looks like I have to reflash the ROM, I kind of have an idea. I flashed the official Dell Froyo long time ago but I cannot remember exactly how. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday coz my computer at work is set-up already for ADB and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The mods will move the thread to the right place, but to try and help the OP out, it sounds like the inner MicroSD may be going bad. Run a diagnostic on it by getting the Streak into Fastboot mode (instructions on the wiki), then tapping *#301# into the keypad that pops up in Fastboot. You should see a list of options of which one should be to test the MicroSD.

If the MicroSD passes the diagnostic, then the ROM somehow became corrupt and you need to flash a new copy. If the MicroSD doesn't pass the diagnostic, it will need to be replaced.