[Q] [tate] Fastboot?

Search This thread

Ph0enix_216

Sup everyone?

I was a dumb---- and was playing around with my Kindle (tate) and PhilZ's Advanced CWM while trying to do a bit of ROMing. Long story short, I rebooted, saw the orange logo...and saw the orange boot logo again, meaning I can't access the recovery. My question is, however, can I just push a recovery image via fastboot and then boot the device from there? Or do I need all three images for a successful boot?

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Sup everyone?

I was a dumb---- and was playing around with my Kindle (tate) and PhilZ's Advanced CWM while trying to do a bit of ROMing. Long story short, I rebooted, saw the orange logo...and saw the orange boot logo again, meaning I can't access the recovery. My question is, however, can I just push a recovery image via fastboot and then boot the device from there? Or do I need all three images for a successful boot?

I would push all three and make sure. You're definitely missing an OS so if it were me, I'd flash all three and make a clean start.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Ph0enix_216

Ph0enix_216

I would push all three and make sure. You're definitely missing an OS so if it were me, I'd flash all three and make a clean start.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sounds logical. A fresh start is what I was going for anyway :D

>>>Sent from my laptop running Genymotion/Android<<<

Reactions: LinearEquation
Sup everyone?

I have the exact same issue. Have PhilZ's Advanced CWM installed with CM11 latest official Nightly and latest gapps. Also had Linaro's Kernel and was trying to flash the Double Tap to wake feature in recovery but, it broke touch so went back into recovery, wiped everything and formatted everything then restored from backup and now, am stuck at the orange logo. Just keeps looping, cannot enter recovery or anything. I don't have the fastboot adapter but, i suppose I'll have to order one. Please, tell me how to fix this!

@BookCase Exact same issue here. I think fastboot will work. Is something wrong with the recovery image?

I'm thinking when I wiped either I wiped more than I should have or the recovery didn't properly backup my system in the 1st place since I didn't have a problem until I wiped and restored from backup. I honestly have no idea, though. I can't get it to boot past the orange logo.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I have the exact same issue. Have PhilZ's Advanced CWM installed with CM11 latest official Nightly and latest gapps. Also had Linaro's Kernel and was trying to flash the Double Tap to wake feature in recovery but, it broke touch so went back into recovery, wiped everything and formatted everything then restored from backup and now, am stuck at the orange logo. Just keeps looping, cannot enter recovery or anything. I don't have the fastboot adapter but, i suppose I'll have to order one. Please, tell me how to fix this!

The only way to get into fastboot, in your case is a fastboot cord or adaptor.

Edit: Same for the others having this same issue. You will need factory images to flash in fastboot.

Last edited:

SafinWasi

Dec 15, 2013
Unknown
The only way to get into fastboot, in your case is a fastboot cord or adaptor.

Edit: Same for the others having this same issue. You will need factory images to flash in fastboot.

Normally,I get into fastboot by entering "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" and then plugging in my Kindle when it's turned off. Will this work here?

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Normally,I get into fastboot by entering "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" and then plugging in my Kindle when it's turned off. Will this work here?

Nope, you can only do that from within the OS. Once you bootloop you need a fastboot cord.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sup everyone?

Sounds logical. A fresh start is what I was going for anyway :D

>>>Sent from my laptop running Genymotion/Android<<<