[Q] Headphones

Search This thread

Biocmst

Jan 1, 2014
Hi there,

Has anyone found a pair of good headphones with a mic that are compatible with advanced commands such as volume up/down, next track etc.? My pair of Sennheisers can start and stop, but none of the more advanced settings worked. I tried various apps to assign actions to one button headsets and had no luck at all. Actually, even the basic functions of start/stop are lost when those apps are active. To my knowledge the only headphones that have been reported to retain advanced button assignments are these ones: Samsung ehs64avfbe, but I am reluctant to buy a Fairphone one the one hand and a cheap pair of headphones on the other.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Biocmst

Jan 1, 2014
Headphones update

OK, I took the plunge and bought a pair of Senheiser MM 30G. My reasoning was that I had seen somewhere that a pair of cheapish Samsung headphones worked well with the fairphone, and that the MM 30G had been manufactured for Samsung phones. The headphones have a three button command, which are supposed to be volume up/down as well as a start/stop button, which will also answer and end calls.

Out of the box the buttons actually did: next song instead of volume up, and previous song instead of volume down. The middle button for start stop works fine. This is acceptable for me, as I can change the volume quite easily even without taking the phone or of my pocket (the volume rocker is quite tactile even through jeans).

Interestingly, when using different apps to assign button controls I could get the volume control to work via the remote on the headphones, but no long press options e.g. For next song were available. I am thus using them as they are with no extra apps, as being able to skip songs while cycling is important to me.

Hope this helps a bit.
Hi there,

Has anyone found a pair of good headphones with a mic that are compatible with advanced commands such as volume up/down, next track etc.? My pair of Sennheisers can start and stop, but none of the more advanced settings worked. I tried various apps to assign actions to one button headsets and had no luck at all. Actually, even the basic functions of start/stop are lost when those apps are active. To my knowledge the only headphones that have been reported to retain advanced button assignments are these ones: Samsung ehs64avfbe, but I am reluctant to buy a Fairphone one the one hand and a cheap pair of headphones on the other.

Any help is greatly appreciated!