[Q] Status Bar & Xposed Framework

Search This thread

am2354

Aug 8, 2013
Ok, so I have been in search of a program to customize my status bar on my Rooted Note 3, but unfortunately it seems my searches keep coming back to the need to download Xposed Framework. This Xposed Framework screwed up my Note 3, when I went to use it to blur out my notification screen app. I had to un-root, and flash the original firmware, and let me say, it was a two day process to get everything back, and I tried to use my backup, with no success. So, is there a way to customize the status bar without using Xposed Framework?

Thank you,

AM

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
Are you sure you didn't modify anything else? Everything xposed can be undone by disabling modules or in the case of a boot loop you can flash the disable xposed zip in recovery. Once disabled it has no residual effects and you should be able to troubleshoot from there. But keep in mind some modules (gravity box) can be used with touch wiz based roms but not everything is supported

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app

am2354

Aug 8, 2013
Are you sure you didn't modify anything else? Everything xposed can be undone by disabling modules or in the case of a boot loop you can flash the disable xposed zip in recovery. Once disabled it has no residual effects and you should be able to troubleshoot from there. But keep in mind some modules (gravity box) can be used with touch wiz based roms but not everything is supported

I didn't modify anything, I just rooted and left it at that. My intent was to get rid of all those programs that came permanently installed on my Note 3, and to rid of them by using Titanium Backup. I am willing try it again, this time I am prepared.

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
The only thing I can think of is that you removed something and it didn't cause a problem until you rebooted. You should probably only do one thing at a time. Remove bloatware and reboot and make sure it's stable and after you have that settled then start customizing

am2354

Aug 8, 2013
I never gave it any thought, that I may have deleted a program that played an integral part to the proper functioning of my Note 3. So, therefore I must take what I am doing one step at a time as you suggested czach5932. This was very good sound advise. I am done with my chores of getting rid of the programs I don't want, and the phone is functioning flawlessly, so now I am off to tackle Xposed Framework. Thank you.

AM

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
That's half the fun. Just always have a backup so when you do mess up just restore and try again.