[ROM] Hancock 1.11 720p Recording ! Enter dev´s

Search This thread

insestito

Jul 29, 2009
Xiaomi 12T Pro
Hi !
This is a chinese Rom, your best quality is that the ROM says that records at 720p. I've tried and there is an option to put the camera in widescreen, HDTV and more options, including one 720p, I'm just forcing closure.

ROM languages: Chinese, English.
It Froyo 2.2
Comes with root
I recommend it only to developers, to port the usefulness of recording 720p to other roms !!!!!!

Instructions for installation:
FIRST MAKE A NANDROID !!!

Wipe

First you have to install this rom base (3.4.2_145) (I think with the RSD lite): http://u.115.com/file/f0fd059557 #
or from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=11588065#post11588065 thanks walter79

Now download this:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LD188ES9

extract all files to your tools SDK folder

Now connect the defy pc in developer mode.

and execute these commands:

adb push system.tar.gz /sdcard/system.tar.gz
adb push psneuter /data/local/tmp/psneuter
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/psneuter
adb shell /data/local/tmp/psneuter
adb wait-for-device root
adb remount
adb shell stop
adb shell mount -oremount rootfs /
adb push busybox /sbin/busybox
adb shell chmod 04755 /sbin/busybox
adb shell busybox --install -s /sbin
adb shell "ls /sdcard/system.tar.gz && rm -r /system/* && tar -xzf /sdcard/system.tar.gz -C /system && /system/xbin/busybox --install -s /system/xbin"
SET /P ID=
adb push default.prop /system/
adb push boot.img /cache/
adb push recovery.img /cache/
adb shell "cat /cache/boot.img > /dev/block/mmcblk1p15"
adb shell "cat /cache/recovery.img > /dev/block/mmcblk1p16"
adb reboot

And Phone reboot automatically
and that's it !

TEST VIDEO RECORDING 720p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2qi_TJ8mkk

Last edited:

Quza

Jan 5, 2011
Bamberg
20kb/s downspeed and it's an .exe - not very trustworthy :-| I'll try to extract it when it's finished downloading, which will only take, hmmm, a few decades?

insestito

Jul 29, 2009
Xiaomi 12T Pro
Is . exe yes, extract it like a. rar concerned and follow the steps.

I`m downloading 3.4.2 rom...
My internet is veeeeeery slow... vv

when I can i post screenshots and a video in youtube.
;)

999phonebug

As much as I want to find this real, the lack of concrete evidence, even in Chinese forums, doesn't seem to be a encouraging sign.

racca

Jun 4, 2009
I can tell you for sure there's absolutely NOTHING special in this ROM, except for maybe a slightly hacked BlurCamera/CameraJordan.apk
And other usual 720p patches like libs, media_profiles.xml and build.prop are in place of course.

You can do 720p with 3rd party software if you phone is capable of that. If you can't, well, you can't. This ROM would only cause your
camcorder to exit or fc in that case.

Quza

Jan 5, 2011
Bamberg
What's the problem with 720p recording? Is the SDcard too slow?
the test video only has 22fps :/

derbestimmer

Dec 13, 2010
does this mean there are different hw versions of the defy out there? some which can handle 720p and others that can't?

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

ABC_Universal

Jan 30, 2011
A moto Chinese official had mentioned that the later defy production indeed has different camera. The 720p recording seems to work only for defy with new camera.

derbestimmer

Dec 13, 2010
sounds interesting. in german forums they recognized two different camera types. one with a green lens that does't make a loud clicking noise when focussing (obviously the old one) and the one with a red lens which makes a loud clicking noise when focussing (the new one). the picture quality seems to be different to. not clear which is better, but the red lens makes brighter pictures.
do you mean this difference?

ABC_Universal

Jan 30, 2011
sounds interesting. in german forums they recognized two different camera types. one with a green lens that does't make a loud clicking noise when focussing (obviously the old one) and the one with a red lens which makes a loud clicking noise when focussing (the new one). the picture quality seems to be different to. not clear which is better, but the red lens makes brighter pictures.
do you mean this difference?

I'm not sure. The moto official just mentioned that the later defys have different camera without giving details, when he was answering questions about the default camera application.

derbestimmer

Dec 13, 2010
it seems i have the later one. id very much like to try it out. but i don't wanna flash the hancock rom (still to satisfied with pays 3.3) is it possible to extract the files which are needed for 720p recording or is that what the devs should find out?

Top Liked Posts