[Bounty] Regional Sim Unlock SM-N900/N9005 and more..

Search This thread

yoedba

Feb 5, 2011
Hi,
I have been searching and reading everything I could find on XDA for hours and hours daily and it seems there is no real solution for the region lock. The N9005 has limited success and the locked SM-N900 has had almost no success. It is already possible and Chainfire has demonstrated that you need to clear the networks blacklist. Surely there is someone who can implement this for all models or at least give detailed enough directions for other people to do themselves. Current unlock services are charging anywhere from $20-40 and some phones like my SM-N900 can't even be unlocked.

I am starting a bounty hopefully this gets some talented developers attentions and we can get somewhere.
Me-$30

avenging

Sep 28, 2013
where are you from? all the exynos note 3 here are all unlocked, only the 4G ones are locked but not in all stores...

yoedba

Feb 5, 2011
Region lock

I bought the phone in the US- it is the SM-N900 Latin america version and it is region locked. It seems all SM-N900's except the ones from Asia are locked: Middle east, Africa, Latin america etc... And I am sure this is only the beginning. It seems many people are having problems with all of the other version: N9005, N900Q, N900T and all those other models...
I see no reason this won't work for the S4 either. It just needs to be explored more...

elifar

Oct 30, 2013
N9005 Region Lock can't be unlocked

I have purchased my N9005 in Europe and have activated it there.
I then inserted an Israeli SIM card, installed the RegionLock Away but unfortunately it doesn't work. Still locked.
I have also approached some Unlocking paid services but no unlock codes could be found for my IMEI.
Any more creative ideas on how to unlock this stupid and abusive Region Lock?

yoedba

Feb 5, 2011
If you guys want to encourage a developer you might want to join in on the bounty and offer to donate...

dmitrik

Apr 12, 2008
CIS
www.imei-server.com
I have purchased my N9005 in Europe and have activated it there.
I then inserted an Israeli SIM card, installed the RegionLock Away but unfortunately it doesn't work. Still locked.
I have also approached some Unlocking paid services but no unlock codes could be found for my IMEI.
Any more creative ideas on how to unlock this stupid and abusive Region Lock?

him need network unlock pin code?

bisceglianr

Nov 24, 2013
SM N900 unlock seems impossible.

Hi,
I have been searching and reading everything I could find on XDA for hours and hours daily and it seems there is no real solution for the region lock. The N9005 has limited success and the locked SM-N900 has had almost no success. It is already possible and Chainfire has demonstrated that you need to clear the networks blacklist. Surely there is someone who can implement this for all models or at least give detailed enough directions for other people to do themselves. Current unlock services are charging anywhere from $20-40 and some phones like my SM-N900 can't even be unlocked.

I am starting a bounty hopefully this gets some talented developers attentions and we can get somewhere.
Me-$30

I am exactly the same situation, I have a SM N900 from Amazon thatregion locked to the America's and Caribbean. I am serving in western Africa and do not have access to an USA Sim card. All measure to SIM unlock this phone have failed. I ordered a T-Mobile sim that I am still waiting on delivery but I do not have a lot of confidence that it will work. I hope someone can come up with a practical solution. I would be more than happy to add $30 to the bounty!

Rickdaddy

Nov 5, 2011
I bought the phone in the US- it is the SM-N900 Latin america version and it is region locked. It seems all SM-N900's except the ones from Asia are locked: Middle east, Africa, Latin america etc... And I am sure this is only the beginning. It seems many people are having problems with all of the other version: N9005, N900Q, N900T and all those other models...
I see no reason this won't work for the S4 either. It just needs to be explored more...

900t here, no problems.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2471742

O.D.D

Dec 31, 2013
I am exactly the same situation, I have a SM N900 from Amazon thatregion locked to the America's and Caribbean. I am serving in western Africa and do not have access to an USA Sim card. All measure to SIM unlock this phone have failed. I ordered a T-Mobile sim that I am still waiting on delivery but I do not have a lot of confidence that it will work. I hope someone can come up with a practical solution. I would be more than happy to add $30 to the bounty!

Hi, I bought my SM-N900 in the US and all region unlock codes purchased did not work. Today I visited a Samsung Store in Nairobi, Kenya, and they were able to remove the Region Lock.

treash

Sep 14, 2011
IMEI

I have purchased my N9005 in KSA and have activated it there but the imei is different when i press *#06# the imei in the back sticker is different when pressing *#06# is this normal thanks in advance.