[ROM]Beanstalk 4.4.255 3/15/14) HALO&DarkStalk

Search This thread

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
It rebooted and bootlooped a bit, but I eventually got it to boot back into android... I'll report back if it happens again.

I experienced this same issue. Booting into Fastboot and Rebooting from there corrected this issue for me. It has not happened since with several restarts. I also reflashed TWRP 2.6.3.0 and all is working fine... Knock on wood.

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
Mine boots. A few hours ago thought I had it bootlooping endlessly so I clean wiped and reinstalled, bootlooped again. I waited a few minutes before clean wiping and installing and right now it's running fine except for lack of wifi.

WiFi works fine for me. and when mine bootlooped, I just had to restart like 5 times, I didn't have to wipe.

arnelolavides

Oct 27, 2010
Jacksonville
Mine boots. A few hours ago thought I had it bootlooping endlessly so I clean wiped and reinstalled, bootlooped again. I waited a few minutes before clean wiping and installing and right now it's running fine except for lack of wifi.

Go to WiFi settings and turn it off and on and hope it will work..cause I got a working WiFi after doing that

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
I have successfully installed and been running smooth for hours. After install I did reflash TWRP... I just like it better. Everything seems to be fine. Can anyone think of negative effects of doing this? Or is the CWM just a requisite for install.

I have installed a few mods via TWRP since, and everything went smooth. Thoughts?

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

I don't think so. Someone a few pages ago posted some screenshots. You might also want to put the recovery(s) you used to get this working, as well as anything else that had to be improvised in the OP, or there is going to be WWIII in this thread over where everything is :p

The only thing holding me back is lack of features and a kernel with BLN. I have bad eyes, so the BLN is nice to have. That small LED isn't enough.

Pretty sure he was referring to being the first to post a 4.4 ROM... Not screenshots... Lol

Reactions: adizzle23

erick1499

Aug 28, 2010
Just booted up this rom an hour ago and man this rom is fast! So far the the only thing I've been doing is restoring apps, but compared to 4.3 there is almost no lag in 4.4 when restoring apps and swiping around the OS. I am super excited to see kik kat on my one x. The only thing I miss from 4.3 is halo, but that probably won't take long to get here :)

erick1499

Aug 28, 2010
Heads up you guys if you choose to use art instead of dalvik, you will get bootloops. This is simply fixed by reflashing the beanstalk.

Last edited:
Reactions: worlddominatiin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beanstalk%20Presentation.png

List all Questions and Off-Topic discussions here​

I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by myself (scott.hart.bti). This is a build composed off of the CM11 builds and I have added a lot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the boot-animation and upcoming wallpapers!

I plan on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

Features.png

• CM based
    • Lock-screen background options (Color fill, Transparent)
    • Customizable Lock-screen text color
    • Lock-screen rotation
    • Option to enable all widgets
    • Minimize Lock-screen challenge
    • Use widget carousel
    • Slider Shortcuts
    • Static Lock-screen shortcuts
    • Lock-screen button actions
    • LCD Density
    • Scroll elasticity options
    • Default App grip option
    • Custom Carrier label
    • Dual Pane options
    • Customizable Boot-animation (off, default, set your own Boot-animation)
    • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    • Custom BeanStalk Boot-animation by skyliner33v
    • Status bar color and transparency
    • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
    • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
    • Breathing SMS option
    • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles.
    • Do not disturb option
    • Show notification count
    • Pie controls (need to have Lock-screen background set to something other then default to work correctly (don't ask why) )
    • Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    • Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pull-down, text color
    • Notification shortcuts, behavior, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, long-press quick-settings icon to enable/disable toggles
    • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
    • High end graphic effects option
    • Option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    • Low battery warning customizable options
    • Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the LockClock
    • Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
    • Less frequent Notification sounds options
    • CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    • CM Performance options and features
    • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and Facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
    • Insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
    • Option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from MMS - settings - theme settings
    • Numerous other options hiding throughout the build

Credit:
    CM for the base!
    @scott.hart.bti for the ROM, and for the guide. @phoenixita for bringing this awesome ROM to our device,
    ParanoidAndroid for the Gapps! @usaff22 and @JiroPrinz8 for beta testing. @atrus5 for help with reverting commits. @PippoX3

Donate.png

Like what you see? Click the thanks button and Donate to scott.hart.bti HERE

Source.png

SlimROM source can be found HERE
    DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
    My source can be found HERE

List all Questions and Off-Topic discussions here​

XDA:DevDB Information
    BeanStalk 4.4 , a ROM for the AT&T HTC One XL

Contributors
    phoenixita, Black!Jack
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 2.14 +
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-11-20
    Last Updated 2014-03-15
    Installation and Downloads

Installation

1. Download Rom, GApps, and Recovery (If coming from an older version of Android you will have to flash the 4.4 compatible Recovery)
    2. Reboot to recovery and perform a full wipe; as this is always recommended (Don't wipe your sdcard!)
    3. Install Rom; Install GApps
    4. Wipe Cache/Dalvik
    5. Reboot; Enjoy!

Downloads

1. Beanstalk Downloads
    2. GApps Downloads
      PA GApps
      BaNkS GApps
      Beanstalk GApps (Compatible with *BeanStalk OTA app)
    3. Recovery Downloads for 4.4 Roms
      CWM
      TWRP
    Changelogs

Official Changelogs can be found HERE
    guys i'm brunching right now for ville hboot 2.16! Next i will brunch for you! i will tr including the bt fix! This has the dark stalk options!
    And i will try making it flashable via TWRP. Enjoy.
    We'll, baby boy came a little early! Aiden Vincent. 8lbs. 11oz., 21 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk