[Q] LG G2 bottom half of screen is unresponsive

Search This thread

fwjae

Feb 3, 2014
A few days ago I dropped my phone and it seem to have landed on the bottom corner of it causing it to shatter from that corner only for tiny pieces of glass to come off. There is only one big scratch going across it but thats not the issue, the bottom half of my phone is completely unresponsive. I have a pin code to unlock it and when I type in the numbers they wont respond on the screen which makes it impossible for me to reach in my apps, media, text msgs etc.. I was wondering if this has anything to do with the digitizer or any other misplaced things inside the phone that could have been rearranged or broken from the fall. Would I result to a new phone or can this be fixed?

nabril15

This happened to me a month ago, but it was the top corner that took the hit. My left side of the screen was not responding and I alsomhad a pin that I couldnt key in. Inhale since there is hope.

1. Do you have carrier insurance? Be prepared to pay a $200 deductible to have it replaced (and you will probably be sent a refurbished phone).

Alternative- hopefully you have a ubreakifix.com store or similar nearby that will replace the screen and digitizer for around $150 in a few days.

Alternative 2 - order the screen online for around $95 and replace it yourself. There is a really detailed youtube video showing all steps. However it sounds delicate and not worth risking breaking a pin or ribbon cable. Check it out.

As you decide what to do, you may want to access files on your phone. Go to newegg or wherever and buy a usb OTG cable that allows you to connect a mouse to your phone, and you can navigate it like a pc; it is super cool.

Good luck
Sent from my SM-T310 using xda app-developers app