[Q][HARD TROUBLE] Lost data, can't root and 4.4.2 kitkat cable connection issues

Search This thread

fabrollo

Mar 10, 2014
Naples
Hi,

I'm a newbie of this gorgeous forum, i've heard of it many times and so, i decided definitely to create an account.

I Have a Nexus 4, 4.4.2 kitkat with the Build KOT49H and about 2 weeks ago i've accidentally deleted, in explorer, 2,95gb mic records files of the program easyvoice recording. They were very important to me, so i stopped using the phone to avoid the overwrite of the hidden/deleted files.

I tried with two methods:

1) Hexamob File Recovery PRO [NEEDS ROOT] , i haven't got root never on my nexus, so the bootloader isn't unlocked too. I can't unlock it because it will wipe all the memory involving the data folders making a total format like the hard reset does. You could say: Backup it?

It isn't so easy, the files that i've deleted are hidden by the memory in the phone (this is why i'm trying to recover it...), unless i'll download or overwrite it putting other files on it, they will certanly be unrecoverable. I stopped using my telephone in order to find a solution to my problem.

So, i've forgot this way to recover my files, and the mean question i ask to you is: Can i root my device in order to use Hexamob without the wipe process?

2) Recuva, Dr Fone Wondershare for Android, Data Recovery, Restoration... ecc ecc

I even tryied to use Windows Softwares such as the mentioned above. But... "luckily" for me, how you should know, many Nexus upgraded with 4.4.2 reports bugs with cable connection with PCs.

Example: when i try to copy all the pictures to windows it give me strange errors ("The library, drive, or media pool is empty.") and i have to copy one to one files per time.

So all the softwares doesn't find the "Nexus 4 MASS STORAGE". I've tried reinstalling automatically and manually drivers many times. Nothing work.

I've only three possibilities to return to use my nexus. Or i wait a google update in order to solve the cable connection bugs, or i wait in april a Dr Fone Wondershare for Android Software Update release compatible with 4.4.2, or i ask to you, my only concrete salvation.

Thanks a lot to all. Really. :cowboy:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Hate to tell you this, but you're sol. You're unlocked, unrooted, and you can't mount the device as a drive letter on the pc. I'd check with the app that's going to be updated in April, but I'm guessing it's not going to work anyway. Let them know you have a nexus 4, I don't think it can do usb mass storage

Sent from my Nexus 5

Reactions: fabrollo

fabrollo

Mar 10, 2014
Naples
Hate to tell you this, but you're sol. You're unlocked, unrooted, and you can't mount the device as a drive letter on the pc. I'd check with the app that's going to be updated in April, but I'm guessing it's not going to work anyway. Let them know you have a nexus 4, I don't think it can do usb mass storage

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanks for the reply!

I've mailed with them, check this:

===========================================================
Created:Mon Mar 03 10:42:26 2014
Subject:Android 4.4.2 for Nexus 4

I have a Nexus 4 with Android 4.4.2 and recently i've deleted very important files and i tryed to use Wondershare for Android to recover it.

It can't well notice my phone because after the second step, it begins by analyzing and at 20% say "The model isn't recognised" and it stop working by restarting the phone.

Please, can you release a version of this software compatible with NEXUS 4 with Android 4.4.2 ?

It is very important for me, i can't use it unless you do it..

Thanks, really thanks, you could save me!

Dear Fabrizio,

Thanks for contacting Wondershare. This is ..... here to assist you.

We're pleased to learn you're interested in our product.
According to your description,I'm awfully sorry to tell you that our current program does not support Android OS 4.4.2, and you could go following to check the supported devices,
wondershare url

Regarding to our program,our team are researching the new version which supports more devices, and it will be released in next month.Many thanks for your kind understanding.

Yours Sincerely

Support Team
Wondershare Software

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your feedback, the supported version is planned in April, if you would like to use our update version in future, we will email you when the supported version is available. Thank you very much for your kind cooperation.

Yours Sincerely

Support Team
Wondershare Software

How you've read they didn't mentioned about NEXUS 4 with 4.4.2, but i think the understood. I'm going to write another email in order to point out "specifying" that i'm using NEXUS 4.

Are you sure, i haven't no other solutions...? :crying:

Thanks.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I don't think so if you're not rooted. I'm trying out Dr fone for my own education, but I'm rooted and it seems to be working. It'll take awhile and I might try it unrooted too. I'll let you know what I find out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

fabrollo

Mar 10, 2014
Naples
I don't think so if you're not rooted. I'm trying out Dr fone for my own education, but I'm rooted and it seems to be working. It'll take awhile and I might try it unrooted too. I'll let you know what I find out.

Ok, thank you very very much :laugh: :highfive: .

I wait here :angel: :eek:

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota

If you're rooted it works better than I expected it to. But as you know, if you're not rooted it doesn't work. It's asking for usb mass storage which asfaik the nexus 4 doesn't support. I don't think even the update will be able to get around that limitation sorry

fabrollo

Mar 10, 2014
Naples
If you're rooted it works better than I expected it to. But as you know, if you're not rooted it doesn't work. It's asking for usb mass storage which asfaik the nexus 4 doesn't support. I don't think even the update will be able to get around that limitation sorry

...i should have expected it...

Sorry but, if i try DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit ? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1321582
Will it work?

Or can you suggest me what i should wait to solve my problem? Maybe DooMLoRD or other developer will release a toolik that will be able to root without unlock the 4.4.2 in 2-3 moths maybe, isn't it possible?

so i'll take my file.... :(

Other solutions? There aren't?

Thanks..

Last edited:

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota

Sorry but, if i try DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit ? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1321582
Will it work?

Or can you suggest me what i should wait to solve my problem? Maybe DooMLoRD or other developer will release a toolik that will be able to root without unlock, so i'll take my file.... :(

Thanks..

Any root method involves unlocking the bootloader first. As you know that wipes your device. If there were away to get around that it would have already been done

fabrollo

Mar 10, 2014
Naples
Any root method involves unlocking the bootloader first. As you know that wipes your device. If there were away to get around that it would have already been done

Ok... so i can't do nothing... :crying:

I think that i'll be able to wait years for a tool that will recover this files..... :crying:

fabrollo

Mar 10, 2014
Naples

THE LAST HOPE!! Is it possible?? :D

Dear Customer,

Yes the supported version will be compatible with Nexus 4 Unrooted.
Anything else we can do, please feel free to tell us.

Yours Sincerely

Support Team
Wondershare Software

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Will it work?

Or can you suggest me what i should wait to solve my problem? Maybe DooMLoRD or other developer will release a toolik that will be able to root without unlock, so i'll take my file.... :(

Thanks..