[App][Mod]Google Wallet Installer

Search This thread

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Google Wallet Installer for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3.

Requires ROOT, an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, and BUSYBOX!(A deodexed ROM is just recommended)

My newest project, RemoteFlash, was just released! Take a look and give it a try!

Wallet Installer Is Now Available For Free To All Supported Carrier Models On XDA! (Donations Appreciated)

My application, "Wallet Installer", will install Google Wallet on almost any US based Samsung Galaxy S3. It simply edits your build.prop and then places the correct modifications into your system. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which is pretty quick. Just select the appropriate Rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz, and then your carrier: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or US Cellular. I also added a restore option for your build.prop, so you can restore it after you setup Google Wallet. Hopefully this helps you out and makes the process easier!

Wallet Installer has been updated on the server side. The credit goes to Paul Obrien for the new version! To install it, simply reset Google Wallet, delete it, and then rerun Wallet Installer! Make sure to also have BusyBox installed/updated!

Please donate if my work helps you : )

V3: No Recovery/More Stable

And as always: I take no responsibility for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.​

Attachments

• WalletInstallerV3.apk
    1 MB · Views: 11,046
Last edited:

fafinaf

Jan 28, 2012
Los Angeles
Dude. You are awesome. I was just in the official wallet thread and was hesitant on going through with it because it seemed daunting having to change the build prop. I'm about to flash slim Bean 3.1 and then try this out. Will update this post once I finish trying it out . Hopefully all goes well!!!

Well I ended up lagging on the install but just wanna say thanks again because it worked perfectly. First try and not a single problem as of yet. Awesome!!

Last edited:

RussDR

Jan 17, 2011
Internal SDcard Corrupt?

Google Wallet Installer for Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 3's(d2vzw)

My application, "WalletInstaller", will install Google Wallet on any Verizon S3. It simply swaps out your build.prop with a modified one and then flashes an open recovery (TWRP 2), and in the open recovery flashes the latest version of Google Wallet along with the required NFC libs for your rom. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which can be somewhat slow, but I'll be upgrading soon. Hopefully there won't be any download issues. Just select the appropriate rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz. Hopefully it helps you out and makes the process easier! It has been tested on my device, which is running CM10, but the other options haven't been tested, but they should work great. I will also hopefully make it to support all US carrier based S3's after the weekend is over.

My application will be in the market for 99 cents if you feel like supporting the cause(will post link once uploaded), or you can download it here for free. Please don't post links to my application without my personal consent. Thank you!

And as always: I take no responsibilty for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.

So I installed the app and set it all up just fine, in fact, I was about to test out wallet at a locat establishment but I noticed something was a little weird. I tried to change my wallpaper to a picture in my gallery. For some reason I got an error that "Not enough space. Delete photos, music, etc." Last time I checked I had plenty of space. I opened up setting and storage to find my device storage has a total of 4GB of space (with close to 2GB's of free space remaining). My S3 is a 16GB unit. Obviously things are a bit haywire. I'm running CleanROM 5.0 at the moment so I'm not sure if your app would conflict with that but things were fine prior to this. What do you think?

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
I'm not sure if my app would interfere quite like that. It shouldn't, but when messing with the build.prop and a custom ROM you can never be positive. If anything else odd happens, pm me and I'll look into it.

Reactions: fafinaf

Ronin09

Aug 27, 2010
Got mine installed and all looks good but same thing about the wallpaper..........says no space even though it has space.

Ronin09

Aug 27, 2010
CleanROM 5 also

I mean it installed great. I even put a new debit card on it. Going to try it out in just a hour or so but no space when using the gallery to change wallpaper

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
CleanROM 5 also

I mean it installed great. I even put a new debit card on it. Going to try it out in just a hour or so but no space when using the gallery to change wallpaper

Maybe it's just an issue with CleanRom. Still really weird though. I won't know til more people give it a shot. Anyways, let me know if wallet works! Thanks for trying it.

Hulk0069

Oct 25, 2010
Hope your bugs get worked out I'll gladly buy/donate to this app

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Last edited:

ColePatrol

Aug 7, 2010
Same wallpaper issue. Also now I cannot access internal sd card via root explorer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Ronin09

Aug 27, 2010
Same here, I can't access Internal Card........if not a fix soon, I will probably have to redo flash of ROM and just wait for better wallet. This worked too btw

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

Here's one question for you...

Why does your installation include TWRP 2.3.1.0.

I already had a CWM Recovery...that was strange to me.....when I get to work I am going to try to flash over that to see if that's the problem. Could be that. But right now I can't access my internal drive let alone the backups if I were to start over.......LOL.....I wouldn't be able to get to.

Live and Learn I guess.

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Same here, I can't access Internal Card........if not a fix soon, I will probably have to redo flash of ROM and just wait for better wallet. This worked too btw

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

Here's one question for you...

Why does your installation include TWRP 2.3.1.0.

I already had a CWM Recovery...that was strange to me.....when I get to work I am going to try to flash over that to see if that's the problem. Could be that. But right now I can't access my internal drive let alone the backups if I were to start over.......LOL.....I wouldn't be able to get to.

Live and Learn I guess.

I'm sorry that you're having trouble. I included TWRP because it uses an open, unencrypted script file to pass commands to recovery. CWM, from my understanding, requires an encrypted, not so universal script file called extended commands. Depending on what recovery someone was running, flashing a script would not work, or it would possibly brick their device. I wanted to make sure everything was done correctly.

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Also... I will take a look at all my server side files today and the app. I can't make changes from where I am, since I don't have ftp setup and I'm out of town, but I can download them and see where I may have gone wrong. My best guess is the build.prop swap causing issues, if any of you have possible leads, post them here and I can attempt a fix later today or tomorrow.

Ronin09

Aug 27, 2010
BTW...Wallet worked like a charm in 7-11 and Whole Foods

Taking pictures is a little harder too...have to switch to external to save the pictures....the Camera 4.2 doesn't even allow you to switch to external card.

Would be a shame to scrap this working wallet for these issues

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
BTW...Wallet worked like a charm in 7-11 and Whole Foods

Taking pictures is a little harder too...have to switch to external to save the pictures....the Camera 4.2 doesn't even allow you to switch to external card.

Would be a shame to scrap this working wallet for these issues

I'm getting ready to attempt a flash on CleanRom in a few minutes to see if that's the only ROM having issues. Hopefully you guys can stick this out until everything's working great ; )

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
I flashed wallet and libs using my app on CleanRom 5. I was able to replicate the same error as you guys posted. Also, I don't know if you guys checked, but in recovery it mounts the internal sdcard perfectly, so that tells me it may have something to do with CleanRom in specific. I'm going to flash through some stock touchwiz ROMs with Odin and see what results I get in that area. Hopefully it's just a ROM specific ordeal. Sorry for the long posts, just trying to keep you all updated!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Wallet Installer for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3.

Requires ROOT, an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, and BUSYBOX!(A deodexed ROM is just recommended)

My newest project, RemoteFlash, was just released! Take a look and give it a try!

Wallet Installer Is Now Available For Free To All Supported Carrier Models On XDA! (Donations Appreciated)

My application, "Wallet Installer", will install Google Wallet on almost any US based Samsung Galaxy S3. It simply edits your build.prop and then places the correct modifications into your system. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which is pretty quick. Just select the appropriate Rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz, and then your carrier: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or US Cellular. I also added a restore option for your build.prop, so you can restore it after you setup Google Wallet. Hopefully this helps you out and makes the process easier!

Wallet Installer has been updated on the server side. The credit goes to Paul Obrien for the new version! To install it, simply reset Google Wallet, delete it, and then rerun Wallet Installer! Make sure to also have BusyBox installed/updated!

Please donate if my work helps you : )

V3: No Recovery/More Stable

And as always: I take no responsibility for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.​
    No time table just want to know if not when my friend... Lol...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

There will be an update to wallet on my end. I still need to figure out how I want to solve the patching problem though. I have a new method, but until I'm positive it works you'll have to wait for me or someone else to release a patched version. If all goes well though in the future you won't need to come here to know of compatible updates, Wallet will be tricked in real time. I'm not quite there yet though!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Hey guys! Sorry for not being around lately, but I wanted to give you a heads up that I hope to update on the server side this weekend. Thanks for your patience!

Confirmed working nfc tap payments100% New wallet version on as aosp.
    -Uninstall any version of wallet currently installed
    -run washer installer app
    -after reboot set up wallet completely
    -update wallet from the playstore
    -open wallet to confirm tap+pay
    -close wallet
    -restore build.prop using wallet installer

Been testing at several locations, all working correctly. Super easy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    The other patch I've seen involves xposed framework and looks cumbersome for those of us who are flashing ROMs a lot and therefore resetting and reinstalling wallet regularly. Hope whatever you devise is a little smoother ;)

I plan on keeping the installation process very easy as it has been! As far as my plans go, you shouldn't notice any big differences. There will more than likely be a new installer though when I make a full swap to the new method I've been considering.