[ROM][7.1.2][AOSPA] ParanoidAndroid 7.1.3 | Celox [06-16-17]

Search This thread

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013
If you had any vibration issues in the previous build, an update is up now which fixes that.

Working great! One thing I've noticed is when recording in 1080p, the video saved says 720p. The file size reflects 1080p though. This happens in both AOSP Camera and Google Camera. Also the zoom still works when recording in 1080p which never happened before on this device. Besides that camera and rom works awesome!

Reactions: DSDONE

bryan2894

Oct 24, 2009
New York
Installed 0417a works great, video records no delay now, streams Bluetooth audio... Vibration is back. Netflix blew up and wouldn't run, clear data and cache still no go, reinstalled Netflix, now it works.

Now, if only I could get the battery as a percent, I'd have the perfect ROM, small fast and kicking butt!

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

You can choose a different battery icon by going to Settings > Battery and clicking the icon in the top right.

Working great! One thing I've noticed is when recording in 1080p, the video saved says 720p. The file size reflects 1080p though. This happens in both AOSP Camera and Google Camera. Also the zoom still works when recording in 1080p which never happened before on this device. Besides that camera and rom works awesome!

Recording in 1080p causes issues, so to workaround it I had to lower the resolution down to 720p.

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013
You can choose a different battery icon by going to Settings > Battery and clicking the icon in the top right.

Recording in 1080p causes issues, so to workaround it I had to lower the resolution down to 720p.

Thanks everything works great. I too was wondering about the battery icon, but now everything is set up perfect!

_Jax_

Aug 16, 2013
Perfect perfect perfect!

Deep sleeping, haven't dropped a BT connection once, just great.

Thank you!

Reactions: DSDONE

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013
@bryan2894, I have been running this rom for a couple days and I have noticed another issue that I thought I'll bring to your attention. When I play music after a few minutes, I will get a sudden stutter with the following info in a logcat:

AudioSink (W): Event underrun

AudioSink (D): Callback!!!

AudioPlayer (E): This indicates the event underrun case for LPA/Tunnel.

The good thing, is the other roms I've experience this on, it happened a lot sooner, making listening to music really heard to accomplish. This rom however, the issue only happens in minutes. It isn't a big deal since this rom is so smooth and stable, but I thought I should let you know.:)

Edit: I have looked through a couple sources and some people think it is to do with the kernel, but I am not too sure.

Here are a couple of posts that mentions the problem and a possible solution.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51154658&postcount=325
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/960950f740f69886b7cf55315a2c0d65c231f539

I posted that last one because every now and then I do get errors related to pcm playback.

Last edited:
Reactions: bryan2894

_Jax_

Aug 16, 2013
Unfortunately I had to leave PA for now. I absolutely loved it but last night just randomly it wouldn't hold a Bluetooth connection. Must've rebooted 15x lol. It would come up, stay for a bit then turn off.

Any ideas? Just me? Maybe I'll redownload tonight when I get a chance and try again. Maybe it was just a fluke.

technoid1964

Mar 11, 2013
Vancouver
Unfortunately I had to leave PA for now. I absolutely loved it but last night just randomly it wouldn't hold a Bluetooth connection. Must've rebooted 15x lol. It would come up, stay for a bit then turn off.

Any ideas? Just me? Maybe I'll redownload tonight when I get a chance and try again. Maybe it was just a fluke.

Bluetooth's been great for me, very stable , maybe there was some interference from another bluetooth device near by? I've had that happen before.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Reactions: _Jax_

_Jax_

Aug 16, 2013
Bluetooth's been great for me, very stable , maybe there was some interference from another bluetooth device near by? I've had that happen before.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

That's all I needed to read lol. I was at a friends house when it was happening...so yeah maybe there was interference.

I'll try it again tonight because I loved the ROM.

Thanks for the response!

unni_kmr

Dec 24, 2012
Sorry if this is a stupid question. I was on 4.2 until now. Just installed PA Beta 5. Now I don't have access to my 64GB Sandisk micro SD (was working fine in 4.2). Is there any setting I need to change to get access?

unni_kmr

Dec 24, 2012
Two small things I faced:
1. If I go into Settings->More->Voice+, the settings app crashes.
2. If I select color theme as day dream from Settings, start the preview and stop it, a crash dialog pops up.

I had installed the modular mini version of gapps instead of the full one mentioned in the first page, don't know if it was because of that.

Last edited:

_Jax_

Aug 16, 2013
Just chiming in that any previous issues I had before are completely gone. This thing is solid as a rock. Just perfection! Can't wait to see what beta 6 brings! (assuming it's still in beta :p)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

S2nG9W8Be92ugxFNqaGvXb3UhHmNXwzqioKh8re6NDNbqhlObCN33ijjI-hLqdtdlQ7CFzl9mF8Zrjw=w1366-h768-rw-no

NOTE:
    Follow, ParanoidAndroid on Google+ for updates.

NOTE: You must virtually repartition your device, otherwise you cannot install this ROM! See the 2nd post for details.

Downloads:
    AOSPA 7+ (Nougat)
    ROM | Magisk (96f8efc) [Root] | OpenGApps

Nano GApps or Pico recommended

CREDITS

Google/AOSP, TeamChopsticks, CyanogenMod, AOSPA team, XDA, sultanxda

LINKS:
    Github
    AOSPA G+ Community

XDA:DevDB Information
    [AOSPA] ParanoidAndroid, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727

Contributors
    bryan2894
    Source Code: http://github.com/AOSPA

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Radio & Recovery
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 6.0.3
    Stable Release Date: 2016-09-13

Created 2014-02-18
    Last Updated 2017-06-16
    Installation Instructions

NOTE: If you repartitioned your phone using a pit file, its recommended that you flash back the original unmodified pit to take full advantage of the increased space.

Official TWRP (v2.8.6-0) recovery
    Hercules: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59709111&postcount=1273
    Skyrocket: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59751649&postcount=1116

Virtual Partition TWRP recovery
    Hercules: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=313042859668276543
    Skyrocket: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=313042859668276544

From another non-virtual partitioned ROM:
    1. Make sure you have the latest OFFICIAL TWRP installed.
    2. Backup current ROM if desired
    3. Back up EVERYTHING on your internal SD card to your computer (the internal SD card WILL BE ERASED in the next step).
    4. In TWRP, go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> check Internal Storage -> press on "Repair or Change File System" -> press on "Change File System" -> press on "EXT4", and then swipe to start formatting the internal SD card. This can take up to a minute.
    5. Wipe Data, Cache and System.
    6. Copy the newest version of my TWRP recovery to your device and flash it.
    7. After that is finished, go back to the main menu, then go to Reboot and press on Recovery.
    8. Once the device has rebooted back into TWRP recovery, goto mount then uncheck and recheck data.
    9. Copy and flash the new ROM and your GApps package to your device and flash
    10. Reboot system
    11. Connect your phone to your computer and copy back your backed-up internal SD card data to the internal SD card.
    12. Repartitioning is completed. Enjoy your 8GB of additional app storage space.

From CM13.0, CM12.1 or another virtual partitioned ROM:
    1. Flash ROM and GApps (at the same time)
    2. Reboot

Updating to a newer version:
    • Just flash ROM and reboot.
    Known Issues / Bugs:

Not Working:
    • Camera
    • Extended reboot menu
    New build up. Includes WiFI and audio fixes.

Changelog:
    - Merge of android-5.1.1_r2 tag from AOSP
    - Theme Engine support from CM-12.1 - Screenshot fixes (NPE and leaks)
    - Cellular Networks migration (accessible through main settings now)
    - Mute notification sounds threshold
    - Status Bar’s Double Tap to Sleep
    - Misc Bug Fixes
    New build up.

Changelog
    - Sound: connect/disconnect notification support (with ability to specify tone)
    - Add option to disable search bar on recents
    - Heads Up snooze (swipe up on a heads up notification initiates this)
    - Change default mode of AppOps to make it more reliable
    - Language translations (Thank you to our great Translators!)
    - Fix MTP issue
    - Fix heaphone audio problems
    - Misc Bug Fixes