[mods]delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
So this is pretty much the same as every other base ota rom? Do we need another?

Sent from my MiuiSpeedy

No it's not the same, it's not rooted or tampered with, and the installation method is different. If you want to completely unroot your phone go flash the stock ruu:rolleyes:

We don't need people like you complaining about roms you don't like, but you don't see me posting about that now do you?

Rooster85

Dec 28, 2010
Charlotte, NC
No it's not the same, it's not rooted or tampered with, and the installation method is different. If you want to completely unroot your phone go flash the stock ruu:rolleyes:

We don't need people like you complaining about roms you don't like, but you don't see me posting about that now do you?

Me? Talk ****? Nahh never! Did you just get butthurt about the interwebs? I was simply asking if your rom was different than the other 6 new OTA roms we have. You got offended, not my problem!

Sent from my MiuiSpeedy

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Me? Talk ****? Nahh never! Did you just get butthurt about the interwebs? I was simply asking if your rom was different than the other 6 new OTA roms we have. You got offended, not my problem!

Sent from my MiuiSpeedy

I already answered your question, and the answer is yes

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA Premium App

rquinn19

Feb 10, 2007
Phila

Sent from my MiuiSpeedy

You did ask if we needed another. A RUU is essential for every official update IMHO

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Yeah TBH, I just made this for myself to safely flash the official ruu to see how it runs without loosing my eng spl and custom recovery. And I must say it does seem to run very well for me

drob311

Yeah TBH, I just made this for myself to safely flash the official ruu to see how it runs without loosing my eng spl and custom recovery. And I must say it does seem to run very well for me

If I flash this will I return to full stock (no cwm recovery and s-on)? Sorry to ask but I just wanna be extra sure. Thanks for your hard work! Your aosp kernel is a beast! Unbelievably fast!

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
If I flash this will I return to full stock (no cwm recovery and s-on)? Sorry to ask but I just wanna be extra sure. Thanks for your hard work! Your aosp kernel is a beast! Unbelievably fast!

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

No you will not loose those things. The first post describes how to get into bootloader after flashing the update. Only your system partition (rom) and kernel will be the official ruu images.

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
I just noticed there may be a problem with the name of the .zip. There is a gap in the name so you will probably have to rename it and delete the gap in order for the recovery to be able to flash it.

I will work on fixing it later on but for now renaming it won't hurt the update at all

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
This is also good for devs to get a chance to try the stock ota if they want to mess around with it. That was the main reason for this update. Hopefully someone will help to get the bootloader unlocked for people who buy a new evo shift :D. But luckily this update doesn't already have the locked bootloader in it

Last edited:

ky0nkyon

Feb 2, 2010
I just flashed this, and with all my problems, it flashed, but when i reboot, i get to the sprint splash screen, and it just blinks there. So I am currently restoring back to my problematic rom. How can I get the blinking away? That's the only problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've tried to RUU, and got this: ERROR [140]: Bootloader version error
    current situation, i'm s-on with cyanmod and su still there.
    hboot is 0.93.0001
    radio is 1.08.00.0506
    eMMC-boot

using cwm 3.2.0.1
    Can't reroot because visionary just blinks and z4 stays exploiting forever.
    anything? Thank you for helping.

This has a bootloader check in th updater-script to make sure you have the s-off bootloader. I suppose I could make one without the bootloader check