[Q] SHV-E120S Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE

Search This thread

WPLight

Jun 11, 2010
Barcelona
Hello,

I bought Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SHV-E120S)

it's Unlocked,

but When I want to update phone from
"Settings > About Phone > Software update > Update"

I get this message:
"Failed to software update. Use SKT USIM to progress update."

Is there a solution for this problem?

Also,
Can I add Spanish language for keyboard? How?
and, Is there ICS update for this's phone?

Thank you for helping!

pyrator

Feb 28, 2009
Assuming you no longer have a skt sim card you could try to update it on the pc using a USB cable and Kies software.... Good luck our phone get .05% attention...

lancechg

Nov 14, 2011
Assuming you no longer have a skt sim card you could try to update it on the pc using a USB cable and Kies software.... Good luck our phone get .05% attention...

But when I use Kies to update, it shows on screen that, the device does not support using kies for update.

Why? any special techniques to deal with it?

WPLight

Jun 11, 2010
Barcelona
okay!

I using this app: Market Enabler
https :// play . google . com/store/apps/details?id=com.notenking.me

and select SKT operator.

then I can update from:
"Settings > About Phone > Software update > Update"

Now!
We are waiting ICS ROM. :(

regards!

jfavellanedab

Mar 19, 2012
Only GPRS?

I bought an SHV-F120K to be used in an 900Mhz carrier however I only got GPRS? I used it before with a galaxy nexus without any problem. It is some software to change this situation?

thanks

Last edited:

tahernaqash

Jan 27, 2012
Galaxy s2 hd lte shv-120l

GALAXY S2 HD LTE SHV-120L
It hangs during call
It drops the call
while I try to dial it says the message "not registered on network" and after some time it again gets connected to the network but during call 90% of the time it delivers problematic calling experience...

Oct 1, 2012
Not able to update through Kies

Hello Guys,
I am not able to update my Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SHV-E120S) through Kies , always its detecting my phone and showing
Current Firmware version : PDA : UE11 / PHONE:UE10
Latest Firmware version : PDA : UH20 / PHONE:UH17
When i press update its will start downloading firmware and after 100% , downlading firmware window will disappear and there is no response from Kies :crying:

I bought this phone from Korea and its unlocked.I tried to update from phone option (Settings => About Phone => Software Update => Update) using Wifi , its throwing Failed to update software. Use SKT USIM to progress update.

Any possible way to update my phone to UH20 and UH17 firmware versions?
If anyone is having the above firmware , kindly share it..Please help me to fix this problem
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• CROP12)S.jpg
    CROP12)S.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 2,105

centrino3

Oct 27, 2010
Hello Guys,
I am not able to update my Galaxy S2 HD LTE (SHV-E120S) through Kies , always its detecting my phone and showing
When i press update its will start downloading firmware and after 100% , downlading firmware window will disappear and there is no response from Kies :crying:

I bought this phone from Korea and its unlocked.I tried to update from phone option (Settings => About Phone => Software Update => Update) using Wifi , its throwing Failed to update software. Use SKT USIM to progress update.

If anyone is having the above firmware , kindly share it..Please help me to fix this problem
Thanks in advance

I have problem same you....:crying:
Then I factory reset:eek: and connect phone to kies again... and can upgrade:eek: now i use ICS 4.0.4

tanclo

Hello Guys,

Thanks in advance

If a factory reset doesn't help you then visit the thread on Rootzwiki for the firmware that you are looking for

Reactions: Anijith Anirudhan

surajr

Apr 27, 2012
SHV-E120S how to update to 4.0.4

What I did is to first use the ODIN to install the rooted kernals (you could find in XDA links). Use the standar ODIN procedure and clear the cache.
Then use the market enabler app to set your region to S.Korea. As the market enabler need to have a root permission.
Make sure that once you set this, you do not open the Google play or do anything, other than connecting to Kies.
Kies will show you the latest update for your device, go ahead & update. Welcome to ICS.

I used the ODIN to move to a rooted kernal since any root procedure in the internet was not helping me to get the phone rooted.
PS: Try at your own risk. Though I do not see any problem to happen in between other than the ODIN flash. I suppose I took the rooted tegrak kernal.
Also one more tip, if after the root Kies is not detecting the phone, try the procedures to un-root the phone & retry.

Enjoiii

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2012
Thanks centrino3..Factory Reset worked... ;)

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Factory reset worked for me...
Thank you tanclo for your valuable information....Thank you...
:)

khan.orak

Jun 26, 2012
Peshawar
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks centrino3..Factory Reset worked... ;)

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Factory reset worked for me...
Thank you tanclo for your valuable information....Thank you...
:)

I have SHV E120S with Gingerbread EK11.

I can't find Tegrak Kernel for EK11, I have searched the repo but there is none. Any help?

Plus when I update via OTA, SKT Sim error pops up as I am not using a South Korean sim.

And update via KIES is also not appearing.

Any help would be appreciated.

wkwk

Jan 11, 2007
skt update solution

I have SHV E120S with Gingerbread EK11.

I can't find Tegrak Kernel for EK11, I have searched the repo but there is none. Any help?

Plus when I update via OTA, SKT Sim error pops up as I am not using a South Korean sim.

And update via KIES is also not appearing.

Any help would be appreciated.

this worked for me. remove sim,reboot, then update via wifi.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys,

Thanks in advance

If a factory reset doesn't help you then visit the thread on Rootzwiki for the firmware that you are looking for