Gt-N7000 imei and power problem

Search This thread

vamp_89

Jul 16, 2014
Hello All,
I have Gt-N7000 note mobile. I am running JB germany official rom. Suddenly my phone has restore it default imei "0049999010640000" so i can register on any network. Also, the power button problem appeared to me. When i press it for a long press the menu of restart does not pop up instead the phone just power off and if i pressed for a short one, the phone will just turn off the screen so if press it again or the home button, the phone would just open and bypass the lock screen.
Thanks for ur help guys

Suddenly my phone has restore it default imei "0049999010640000" so i can register on any network.

Try to explain this again.
Can you register on a network?
Or can't?

This IMEI is not a "restored" one. You simply lost your original one. If you did not make and do not have a backup of your /efs then it's lost.
So: was your device rooted? What did you do before "suddenly"?

Reactions: JulGer01

vamp_89

Jul 16, 2014
i really mean suddenly. The phone was OK then it lost its imei. I can not register to my network anymore. the mobile internet is working fine but i can not make any voice calls. The phone was not rooted then but i root it now.
For the EFS folder, i do not have a backup :(

i really mean suddenly. The phone was OK then it lost its imei. I can not register to my network anymore. the mobile internet is working fine but i can not make any voice calls. The phone was not rooted then but i root it now.
For the EFS folder, i do not have a backup :(

Workaround 1: disable SIM pin number. After that the network should work
Workaround 2: use an older version of android.policy.jar (from an unofficial developer release from Samsung). In this versions the check for a corrct IMEI seems to be disabled.

I have this problem myself and was lucky to get an upgrade with the so called developer imei. Since then I use the android.policy.jar from this upgrade.

But please try W1 first. If you'll get the network then it is solvable with W2.
If W1 doesn't work then even W2 will fail.

vamp_89

Jul 16, 2014
Workaround 1: disable SIM pin number. After that the network should work
Workaround 2: use an older version of android.policy.jar (from an unofficial developer release from Samsung). In this versions the check for a corrct IMEI seems to be disabled.

I have this problem myself and was lucky to get an upgrade with the so called developer imei. Since then I use the android.policy.jar from this upgrade.

But please try W1 first. If you'll get the network then it is solvable with W2.
If W1 doesn't work then even W2 will fail.

I tried W1 and it worked. how to proceed with 2?
Thanks alot man

Last edited:
I tried W1 and did not work. So, it is not a good option to go with W2?

Of course you should try it.
First root your device. Go to Philz kernel thread and download the kernel for your JB version (XXLT4?).
Tomorrow I will connect to my PC in Germany and download the old version from there (right now I'm in Thailand).
Will attach it here.
With a rooted device and a file explorer with root options you can copy it to your device.

Reactions: treacherous_hawk

vamp_89

Jul 16, 2014
First root your device. Go to Philz kernel thread and download the kernel for your JB version (XXLT4?).
Tomorrow I will connect to my PC in Germany and download the old version from there (right now I'm in Thailand).
Will attach it here.
With a rooted device and a file explorer with root options you can copy it to your device.

Great..thanks alot.
And for the power problems? do u have any opinion?

vamp_89

Jul 16, 2014
sorry but it worked on an operator and did not on another. i could not register on my main network using the W1 solution.

Great..thanks alot.
And for the power problems? do u have any opinion?

Yes, same reason. When I use the other jar this problem disappears too.

I just copied the file from my N7000 and attached it here.
Copy it to /system/framework. Change permissions to rw-r-r.
For this you need a rooted device and something like Total Commander with /system mounted as writeable. And before you do this make a backup of you android.policy.jar.

If you do not understand these things right now: start searching and reading here about root explorer, mounting /system, permissions. There are enough examples and descriptions.

But first: root

Attachments

• android.policy.jar
    377 KB · Views: 42

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Suddenly my phone has restore it default imei "0049999010640000" so i can register on any network.

Try to explain this again.
    Can you register on a network?
    Or can't?

This IMEI is not a "restored" one. You simply lost your original one. If you did not make and do not have a backup of your /efs then it's lost.
    So: was your device rooted? What did you do before "suddenly"?
    I tried W1 and did not work. So, it is not a good option to go with W2?

Will attach it here.