For people looking for a 2600mha extended battery that works awesome

Search This thread

Mael5trom

Jun 15, 2010
its a bit harsh to say its a ripoff, it might be, but theres not enough objective information to make an informed decision, im gonna try and do a fairly objective battery life test on my Mugen once ive run it in and let u guys know.

personally i have trust issues with dodgy looking chinese batteries, might be just me, but i'll pay the extra for the peace of mind. when i see something thats approx 1/8 below the price of the competition and at least 1/3 of what i expect to pay for a battery, i think red flags.

however i am interested in that thin e-cell battery and am waiting for some feedback on that as well.

i dont really see the point in the 2600mah cino one when its the same thickness as either the 3600 mugen or the chinese knockoff.

GoodToGo1

Sep 19, 2010
I am thinking about buying the 3600 battery and wanted to know whether root is required to change the build file. Also, does the build file need to be changed at all?

Last edited:

German-Guy

May 23, 2008
Aschaffenburg
I order first the 2600mA but this battery was sent direct from in Germany.
Its a good battery and I waiting only 1 Day for delivery.
Then I order the 3600mA battery direct from china and waiting 2 weeks. In this Time I use the 2600mA battery and its a good battery but after delivery the 3600mA I use this battery.
And the power is of this battery is ~30% better.
Here my today stats. +6H heavy use with Twitter sync every 6 minutes, gaming and Media Streaming to my AV Receiver and I have 85% battery!
My play is oc to 1,6 GHz, too!

5ed90b4c-1658-04df.jpg

Gesendet von meinem R800i mit Tapatalk

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
Purchased the one from eCell, will report back.... on holiday soon though so will try it out this weekend......

Got the battery friday and have been using it.... Can confirm it lasts longer than the stock battery whilst not bulging the phone out.... Pretty good.

Its lasting me the whole day now compared to being on 25% after work with the stock battery, but am on doomlord kernel v8. v10 is meant to be better on the battery life so will try that when I come back from my holiday.

Jordanooo

Jun 10, 2011
Make sure to change battery mha from 1500 to 2600 in your build.prop. do that when its fully charged then reboot into recovery and wipe battery stats. Enjoy.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Hi,
Is wiping battery stats and changing build.prop needed?
Can i do it without root by any chance?
Thanks

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

vemoxy

Mar 15, 2011
Hi,
Is wiping battery stats and changing build.prop needed?
Can i do it without root by any chance?
Thanks

Battery stats is not needed according to a recent report.
I think changing the build.prop will improve battery life, and I think you need root.

I live in Singapore and the 3600mAh battery cannot be shipped to my location from Amazon :( Anyone has an alternate link to the 3600mAh battery?
Also, does the 3600mAh battery last significantly longer? If not I will probably get the 2600mAh one.

Last edited:
Battery stats is not needed according to a recent report.
I think changing the build.prop will improve battery life, and I think you need root.

I live in Singapore and the 3600mAh battery cannot be shipped to my location from Amazon :( Anyone has an alternate link to the 3600mAh battery?
Also, does the 3600mAh battery last significantly longer? If not I will probably get the 2600mAh one.

Try here.

http://www.batterybay.net/Extended-...n-Xperia-Play-p/sony ericsson -cs-er800bl.htm

It is based in Hong Kong and I am sure they will ship to your location. They do state they ship world wide and they take PayPal

vemoxy

Mar 15, 2011
Yep I went there before, but the battery is 2600mah instead of 3600mah. :( thanks though!

Yep I went there before, but the battery is 2600mah instead of 3600mah. :( thanks though!

I never said it was a 3600mha battery, I started this thread for that battery in the link I just posted, this thread is for the 2600 battery..... Yes its not a 3600 but the battery goes forever and I have easily gotten 2 days out of it. It is just a cheap great functioning battery that has never disappointed me and I wanted to share my findings with other Xplay users so they wont have to spend $80 for a Mugen battery but can go cheap and still have something great.

Da22a

Mar 25, 2011
I know its only an opinion but with the extended battery I find its easier to hold one handed in portrait and there is more to grip when gaming.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

zahinasaur

Mar 22, 2011
Hmm I just bought 3600mAh. I don't know, I think the battery life is the same as the stock 1500mAh battery. I've changed the build.prop, wipe battery stats, drained battery and charge it until 100%. From 100%, I just use wifi tethering for 45 minutes, and it's 92%.

doolfly

Jul 26, 2012
I am new here. Just got my r800a last week.
Find that it is recommended to 'edit build.prop and change the battery from 1500 to <new value>'. I don't understand this part. Is it only for accurate display of remaining battery? If not editing the build.prop, will the new battery work properly? Thanks

I am new here. Just got my r800a last week.
Find that it is recommended to 'edit build.prop and change the battery from 1500 to <new value>'. I don't understand this part. Is it only for accurate display of remaining battery? If not editing the build.prop, will the new battery work properly? Thanks

It is recommended. The stock battery is 1500. So if you replace it with a larger battery, it is recommended to (a) wipe battery stats, (b) change the build.prop from 1500 to whatever size of the new battery is. Otherwise you could get misreadings on your remaining battery percentage. It will still work and you will still get a long use out of the larger battery.... just recommended to mod the buildprop

Reactions: doolfly

theoneofgod

Dec 1, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hmm I just bought 3600mAh. I don't know, I think the battery life is the same as the stock 1500mAh battery. I've changed the build.prop, wipe battery stats, drained battery and charge it until 100%. From 100%, I just use wifi tethering for 45 minutes, and it's 92%.

I get 3 days out of my battery (I recharge at 30%) so I could probably push 4 days with use every day.
The stock battery would last between 1, 2 days, depending on usage.

Has anyone noticed that the 3600mah back has 4 holes for speakers? If you put your ear to both sides (the speaker side, and the l,r trigger side) it sounds the same. The case amplifies the sound to me. Much, much better!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I purchased battery in Sept and have to say that despite the size it runs forever. This battery is fantastic. Its cheap. I paid almost $20 for it and got it in about a week. I am a heavy user and gave up my otterbox case just so I could use this battery. It lasts me all day easily. Many times I have tried my best to run this thing to the ground in one day to see if I could drain the battery. the lowest I have ever got it was around 38%. Those interested here you go.

http://www.batterybay.net/Extended-...n-Xperia-Play-p/sony ericsson -cs-er800bl.htm

Update 11/27/2013

Now looks like the above link is invalid however a quick search on the batteryaby website finds the two following batteries, same just a new link:

Black battery with black cover:

http://www.batterybay.net/Extended-...on-Xperia-Play-p/sony-ericsson-cs-er800bl.htm

White battery and white cover:

http://www.batterybay.net/Extended-...on-Xperia-Play-p/sony-ericsson-cs-er800wl.htm
    Damn I want a stock size one

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app

Just a tip, be mindful of batteries that are stock size but have more mha in them. I had several stock sized batteries prior to this battery and I had nothing but issues, overheating, phone was glitchy as hell to the point of being unusable. I ran a meter on it and the output was not consistent at all. Basically it was not outputting to the phone the amount the phone needed to run smoothly.

You need to really be careful on those... as also the battey could damage your phone and or die out quicker due to the heat and other factors. So yes you can get a bigger mha battery and still stay stock but there are risks.. for me those risks are not worth the risk of permently damaging my phone so I looked elsewhere and found this battery I started this thread on... yes its big but its cheap and goes forever on a single charge.

You can do what you want with looking for stock sized batteries but again... something happens you got no one to blame.... also just a heads up the battery brand I got from e-cell it was an 1800mha stock sized... same as listed in the thread below, also from this forum..... again.. I strongly would NOT suggest going for it..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1447297
    I would love to try one of these extended batteries, but due to my line of work I really need to put a case on my phone. Does anyone know of an extended battery which comes with a case to fit over the new larger battery cover?
    If you search for 'xperia play gold battery' on EbayUK, you'll find a battery that does not require a new case as it is the same size as the original. It is the exact same battery i use and can honestly say it does go that extra mile!

Before i got around 20 hours of use out of my phone with somewhat minimal usage, however with average usage now i get 2 days+.

The capacity of the battery in question is 2430MAH. :)
    dang I just bought a mugen 3600 battery a hour ago lol for 100$ ;-)

Sent from my R800i using xda premium
    When I got the battery. I went into my build.prop and towards the bottom of it you will see a section for battery. Default it will say 1500. Above it I believe it says screen density @ 240. Battery is right below. I changed it from 1500 to 2600. Then I booted into recovery and selected to wipe battery stats under I think advanced.