[ROOT] HTC Sensation XE - Very Easy Step By Step Guide

Did this Guide help you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

supermaster

Nov 18, 2008
Kabul
www.xda-developers.com
The HTC Sensation is a smartphone designed and manufactured by HTC Corporation that runs the Android 2.3 Gingerbread software stock.Officially announced by HTC on April 12, 2011, the HTC Sensation was launched by Vodafone in key European markets including the United Kingdom on May 19, 2011and by T-Mobile in the United States on June 12, 2011 (marketed as the HTC Sensation 4G). It was the first official HTC phone to support the HTC Sense 3.0 user interface. At the time of its release, the Sensation XE was the world’s fastest Android phone
htc-sens.jpg

Before We Begin
This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. androidrootboot is not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.

*Make sure to always scan every single file downloaded just to be safe.
Also take a moment to hit thanks to show your gratitude :)

Download HTC All in one root kit 44 MB (Media fire)
Download CWM Recovery Package (4.8 MB img file )
Download Super user latest version ( Zip file) (or try your own one)

1. Backup all your data.
  2. Unlock boot-loader from HTC dev website.
  3. Enable usb debugging on your phone, here is how to.
  4. Charge your phone to the full

Disclaimer – I will not be held responsible if you mess up, damage, freeze, brick or anything related, with your phone, It is very important to read through at least once to get the general idea. You may still stop at this point and be safe should you feel unsure or doubtful regarding this guide.

Start rooting HTC Sensation XE -

Step 1 - Assuming you have followed every step up their, now connect your phone to your computer through usb cable.

Step 2 - Copy superuser file to your phone, make sure you don’t place it in deep folders.

Step 3 – Extract the All in one zip file you downloaded on your computer and and open file named One X.exe ( Don’t worry for the name )

Step 4 – A windows will open as soon you click, make sure your phone is still connected to your computer.

htc-sensation-rooting-toolkit
htc-sensation-rooting-toolkit2.png

Step 5 - In the first box Click on Install Drivers and select Go, ignore anything else.

Step 6 - Now go to your download where you have downloaded CWM recovery package, Rename the CWm file to CWM5827

Step 7 – After you have renamed it, Copy this file to All in one toolkit folder and replace the other file with the same name.

Step 8 - Now go back to the window you opened in step 4, the file you transferred will be visible there, in the second box Select it and click on Flash recovery.

Step 9 – After it finishes the process in around 4 to 5 minutes, come to the 4th bo and select ” boot into recovery mode ” and click on Do command.

Step 10 – Now take your phone out and it will itself enter into recovery mode, Go down and select install from sd card( Remember your touch wont work here, you will need to scroll up and down through volume up and down buttons )

Step 11 – After that you will see the file Super user there, which you copied in step 2. Select it through power button and installation will start.

It will take some time and it will restart when it finishes, the first restart may take sometime, Kudos your HTC Sensation XE is now rooted, if you have any question in mind, let us know in the comments section below and we will answer you right away

Code:
[I]I had gone through lots of posts and searches to Root HTC Sensation XE
but wasn't able to find anything that would work with XE as well as here on XDA almost 
everything is for HTC Sensation but XE. So thought i'd just share this information as i 
happen to get my hands after very very desperate moments. My work is  editing and formatting the whole post but nothing else. all credits go to the original writer/creator of this guide.
[/I]

adiosa

Apr 21, 2011
Ile-Ife
The HTC Sensation is a smartphone designed and manufactured by HTC Corporation that runs the Android 2.3 Gingerbread software stock.Officially announced by HTC on April 12, 2011, the HTC Sensation was launched by Vodafone in key European markets including the United Kingdom on May 19, 2011and by T-Mobile in the United States on June 12, 2011 (marketed as the HTC Sensation 4G). It was the first official HTC phone to support the HTC Sense 3.0 user interface. At the time of its release, the Sensation XE was the world’s fastest Android phone

Before We Begin
This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. androidrootboot is not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.

1. Backup all your data.

Disclaimer – I will not be held responsible if you mess up, damage, freeze, brick or anything related, with your phone, It is very important to read through at least once to get the general idea. You may still stop at this point and be safe should you feel unsure or doubtful regarding this guide.

Step 1 - Assuming you have followed every step up their, now connect your phone to your computer through usb cable.

Step 2 - Copy superuser file to your phone, make sure you don’t place it in deep folders.

Step 3 – Extract the All in one zip file you downloaded on your computer and and open file named One X.exe ( Don’t worry for the name )

Step 4 – A windows will open as soon you click, make sure your phone is still connected to your computer.

Step 5 - In the first box Click on Install Drivers and select Go, ignore anything else.

Step 6 - Now go to your download where you have downloaded CWM recovery package, Rename the CWm file to CWM5827

Step 7 – After you have renamed it, Copy this file to All in one toolkit folder and replace the other file with the same name.

Step 8 - Now go back to the window you opened in step 4, the file you transferred will be visible there, in the second box Select it and click on Flash recovery.

Step 9 – After it finishes the process in around 4 to 5 minutes, come to the 4th bo and select ” boot into recovery mode ” and click on Do command.

Step 10 – Now take your phone out and it will itself enter into recovery mode, Go down and select install from sd card( Remember your touch wont work here, you will need to scroll up and down through volume up and down buttons )

Step 11 – After that you will see the file Super user there, which you copied in step 2. Select it through power button and installation will start.

It will take some time and it will restart when it finishes, the first restart may take sometime, Kudos your HTC Sensation XE is now rooted, if you have any question in mind, let us know in the comments section below and we will answer you right away

Code:
but wasn't able to find anything that would work with XE as well as here on XDA almost 
everything is for HTC Sensation but XE. So thought i'd just share this information as i 
happen to get my hands after very very desperate moments. My work is  editing and formatting the whole post but nothing else. all credits go to the original writer/creator of this guide.
[/I]

Can someone assist me? which of the super user will i download for my HTC sensation XE, is it ARM or X86... I think it is ARM am i right?????

TYmber

Apr 6, 2014
request

hey..
I got stuck on step 10. my phone will not enter the recovery mode instead it is displaying the htc logo with an unlocked symbol at the bottom and staying there. I have an HBOOT version of 0.82.000. bootloader is unlocked.

P.S : u said flashing the img will take around 4-5mins but mine took around 4-5secs it did say "okay" . Did'nt know if that is a good or bad thing but thought i would share it.

PLEASE HELP GUYS...I am trying to root my phone from 7days..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

TYmber

Apr 6, 2014
what device do you have?

I have : HTC pyramid_TD PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT - 0.82.0000
MICROP - 0459
PRCMU - 2.5.3
SOC - 3.0
eMMc - boot

Android version - 2.3.7
HTC sense version - 3.5
Kernel Version - 2.6.35.7-g6a0fa91

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

what device do you have?

HBOOT - 0.82.0000
MICROP - 0459
PRCMU - 2.5.3
SOC - 3.0
eMMc - boot

Android version - 2.3.7
HTC sense version - 3.5

Thanks in advance..

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
HBOOT - 0.82.0000
MICROP - 0459
PRCMU - 2.5.3
SOC - 3.0
eMMc - boot

Android version - 2.3.7
HTC sense version - 3.5

Thanks in advance..

ok then
i can surely tell you that you don't own a sensation/XE/4G device
probably this tool won't work for another device except sensation
it would be better to refer your issue in your device's thread

i can give you an advise
flash the recovery.img manually(via fastboot command)
the command is fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

TYmber

Apr 6, 2014
ok then
i can surely tell you that you don't own a sensation/XE/4G device
probably this tool won't work for another device except sensation
it would be better to refer your issue in your device's thread

i can give you an advise
flash the recovery.img manually(via fastboot command)
the command is fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

I can successfully flash the recovery.img using fastboot but the problem is i can't enter the recovery mode to install su.zip. The phone freezes once i select recovery mode using the volume buttons.

But if it is really true that my phone is'nt sensation then i apologise for wasting your time.
Can you please suggest me on how to update my hboot version from 0.82.0000 to 1.27.0000 ..

Thanks in advance.

Mile_zdr

Sep 19, 2013
Bitola
I can successfully flash the recovery.img using fastboot but the problem is i can't enter the recovery mode to install su.zip. The phone freezes once i select recovery mode using the volume buttons.

But if it is really true that my phone is'nt sensation then i apologise for wasting your time.
Can you please suggest me on how to update my hboot version from 0.82.0000 to 1.27.0000 ..

Thanks in advance.

Can you take a picture from your phone and post it here to see it :)

Reactions: TYmber and rzr86

TYmber

Apr 6, 2014

Mile_zdr

Sep 19, 2013
Bitola
I tried posting the url's but i can't according to the forum rules ..but i uploaded the images as attachments.

I also tried revolutionary method but it says my Hboot version is not supported.

Thanks in advance.

You have HTc sensation Z710T some Chinese version that have different hardware that in regular sensation so that mean that you can flash roms from this forum .. here is link from other user like you http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1461303 , also somewhere i read that if you unlock and flash recovery you'll have to search ROMs in chinese forums :/

Here is another case like you http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1370706&page=2

Last edited:
Reactions: rzr86

TYmber

Apr 6, 2014
You have HTc sensation Z710T some Chinese version that have different hardware that in regular sensation so that mean that you can flash roms from this forum .. here is link from other user like you http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1461303 , also somewhere i read that if you unlock and flash recovery you'll have to search ROMs in chinese forums :/

Here is another case like you http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1370706&page=2

I will check out those links and the chinese forums..and if i am successful i will post the whole process.

I wanna thank you and rzr86 for your support..:good::good::good::good::good::good:

Reactions: Mile_zdr and rzr86

TYmber

Apr 6, 2014
exactly what Mile_zdr posted
i remembered that was another version of sensation

Hii rzr86..i successfully rooted my Z710t . I just flashed the chinese recovery ( PG58IMG_z710t_byMAI.zip ) after which i am able to enter the recovery mode and then i installed ( z710t_root_by_MAI.zip ) ..and BOOOOM i am rooted..

Thanks to you for the fastboot command , i had no idea that the command will work for an .IMG file inside a zip folder. After i finish my 10 posts on this forum i will upload the url for the chinese website i found.

Thanks again ....I am just relieved..trying to root for days and atlast i did it.

Special thanks to : rzr86 , Mile_zdr , xda-developers.com , and MAI.

Cheeersssss....:good::good::laugh::laugh::laugh::cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:;););)

Reactions: Mile_zdr and rzr86

usama33

May 9, 2014
Which "super user latest version" will u recomend me ?

I have this specification !
please please reply soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-09-20-55-30.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-09-20-55-30.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 178

usama33

May 9, 2014

I have following specifications in my HTC Sensation XE
Please reply soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-09-20-55-30.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-09-20-55-30.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 72

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Before We Begin

1. Backup all your data.

Code:
    [/I]

Before We Begin

1. Backup all your data.

Code:
    [/I]

Can someone assist me? which of the super user will i download for my HTC sensation XE, is it ARM or X86... I think it is ARM am i right?????
    exactly what Mile_zdr posted
    i remembered that was another version of sensation

Thanks in advance.

Can you take a picture from your phone and post it here to see it :)

I will check out those links and the chinese forums..and if i am successful i will post the whole process.

I wanna thank you and rzr86 for your support..:good::good::good::good::good::good: