XDA forum behaving weirdly

Search This thread

Phukkitt

Jun 19, 2013
Stockholm
Something is weird with XDA forums, because if I go to a page like for example this forum section then I immediately get redirected to the same adress but with ?nocache=1&z=129628017614096 at the end (numbers seem random every time).

I have no Idea why this happens, but since it happens even before the page is finished loading I get this message:
Rate Limited

You have requested too many pages at once or there was another error. Please retry again, or check out the latest news over on the XDA News Portal.

Reloading the page fixes this, but it gets quite annoying to have to do this every time. Is this happening for anyone but me? Is there maybe a fix?
I am using FF 26 with AdBlock turned off, and I have allowed most of the site in NoScript except amazon-adsystem and skimresources

bitpushr

Retired XDA:Administrator
Something is weird with XDA forums, because if I go to a page like for example this forum section then I immediately get redirected to the same adress but with ?nocache=1&z=129628017614096 at the end (numbers seem random every time).

I have no Idea why this happens, but since it happens even before the page is finished loading I get this message:

Reloading the page fixes this, but it gets quite annoying to have to do this every time. Is this happening for anyone but me? Is there maybe a fix?
I am using FF 26 with AdBlock turned off, and I have allowed most of the site in NoScript except amazon-adsystem and skimresources

Im surprised this is happened as we eliminated the reload code. You can try changing to the 2013-1024 theme to fix this. The "rate limited" error means that your browser was requesting the page a bunch of times.

Phukkitt

Jun 19, 2013
Stockholm
Im surprised this is happened as we eliminated the reload code. You can try changing to the 2013-1024 theme to fix this. The "rate limited" error means that your browser was requesting the page a bunch of times.

Changing theme seems to have helped, thanks. :)

Yeah, since it reloads as soon as the page opens I understand the "Rate Limited"-message, it's just weird that it would reload in the first place. Sometimes it didn't reload right away, and then it was fine.