Is it possible to flash this android custom rom on a ZTE Open?

Search This thread

Askfredo

Oct 7, 2014
Hornocity
Can someone take a CWM backup of their android zte open and provide it? Please!!!!!!

Can someone take a CWM backup of their android zte open and provide it? Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please !!!!!! :angel: I'd basically suck his D

ZxDax

Sep 18, 2014
To remove the touch circle, create a file called "melf-touchscreen.idc" with content "touch.deviceType = touchScreen", add it to "system\usr\idc" of the rom zip, and flash the modified rom.

If you do not want to do this, there is also an updated cm11 rom on the site that does not have this problem.

Thank you zycheng!! :D I'll try to flash again the KK Rom, following your instructions i should be able to make it work properly. Do you think the same thing that you did with the camera will work for the Rom on post 36? :confused:

Askfredo

Oct 7, 2014
Hornocity
Looking for a blessed soul that post it android for zte open

Seriously can someone post an android rom prepare to flash it in CWM recovery ?? :angel:

Askfredo

Oct 7, 2014
Hornocity
Still without Recognize me the touchscreen

I've tried with

-Cyanogenmod10.1
-CYANOGENMOD 11
-V880E+CM

SO many of you will be thinking that my cell phone is broken but I've tried with FFos and everything works fine!

:confused:

SergioAyalaxda

Oct 17, 2014
I have a flashable zip for our first open zte already been tested by me

Anyone want the flashable zip of ICS for my almost without fail and customized for zte open and I have ready to publish :D

Sorry for my bad English . Thank you

Last edited:

otrox

Feb 12, 2011
I flashed the CM-11 image and the Fix but sdcard is not visible from PC, and installed Google Play from apk but isn't working.

P

Pteridium

I've tried with

-Cyanogenmod10.1
-CYANOGENMOD 11
-V880E+CM

SO many of you will be thinking that my cell phone is broken but I've tried with FFos and everything works fine!

:confused:

I have the same problem with the touchscreen.
According to the kernel log the problem is the Cypress touch driver in kernel 3.0.8 because in gingerbread roms for the ZTE Kis lite the touchscreen works fine.
As far I can understand there are ZTE Open units that have a different Cypress controller or they need to be configured in a different way.

Note: the problem with gingerbread is that it does not support software buttons.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry about tha late reply :)
    Now this time bootloop is different :D
    I'm now stuck on black screen(not black really) after Firefox OS logo :D

So I've spent a whole 2-3 hours trying to get this working! but stuck with bootloop -- tried to load the ZTE update too without any luck.

Can someone take a CWM backup of their system and provide it? It would be of immense help -- I'm guessing the bootloop is caused by a mismatched bootimg -- so if someone knows which bootimg goes with the ICE rom, that would help too.

ok, so mine had the bootloop also,
    i tried around a bunch and might have forgotten a step.
    afaik at some point (after installing the update-signed.zip) i must have installed the 1.1 FXOS boot image.
    you can always get back to a running FXOS by installing the update-signed.zip and then install the 1.1 Update.zip
    for the ics i think you will have to install the 1.1 boot image, as the 1.1 and 1.2 builds are based on ICS from what i know.

don't let yourself be discuraged, it's a bit trial and error, but it is nearly impossible to really brick this phone (probably the only real good thing about it)

oh, and if you have a working recovery, most of the time adb will work, so you can install the bootimage through adb
    adb shell
    su
    flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img (provided that you have the image on the sdcard)

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

heck, i cant remember anymore.
    i went and looked which boot.img i had extracted, and it was from this one:
    OPEN(European Standard) SD card upgrading instruction & software package(ebay)-2376270OPEN_EU_DEV_FFOS_V1.1.0B02(for V1.1)
    US users might have to use the equivalent US one (but since US users reported that my modified boot image for 1.3 works - that is based on exactly this boot.img)
    You can install This rom, it's ICS, working perfect.

• Before install rom modify the build.prop and add to the end qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 this is for the navigation keys to appear on screen
    • Flash with clockworkmod
    • if the phone don't have signal change the file libcm.so inside /system/lib
    • Optionally install Link2SD and swapper for get better performance
    • Delete some system apps with doesn't use (backup and restore, etc)
    • Enjoy

Only thing wich isn't working is Camera.
    OK, i just could not admit defeat.

i got the ICS Rom to run.

in case you are suffering constant bootloop like i had,
    do like so:

install cwm recovery if you don't have already

install this update:
    https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BxLNwNKfKhUyeExFd2hid3lDTEU&export=download
    (it's a "unbrick" update-zip from ZTE, signed)

then flash the ICS ROM mentioned here that works. (make sure to turn on virtual keys like described)

booojaa, ICS on ZTE Open.

it's not pretty, the virtual keys overlap the keyboard, but hey, whatcha gonna do...
    To remove the touch circle, create a file called "melf-touchscreen.idc" with content "touch.deviceType = touchScreen", add it to "system\usr\idc" of the rom zip, and flash the modified rom.

If you do not want to do this, there is also an updated cm11 rom on the site that does not have this problem.
    i have tried lots of Android Roms for ZTE KIS, Roamer2 etc.
    all lead to bootloops.

resurrection is pretty easy though, just flash the experimental ZTE FFOS 1.2 and your good.
    have not found a working ICS/JB Rom until now.

the phone is crap anyways, since you can't update higher than 1.3 (without any updates then) or stick to 1.1
    there are no plans whatsoever from ZTE or Mozilla to remedy this.
    Thought i could at least turn it into an emergency phone by flashing a usable Android on it, but it seems that's not going to work either.

:(