[Q] 4g and wifi icon after 4.4

Search This thread

ziggityz

Apr 13, 2012
I now have a 4g and wifi icon present on the notification bar when connected to wifi, not just a wifi icon, any one else with this problem?

Coycaine

Sep 17, 2011
Reno, NV
Not a "problem", just a change they made. Even with mobile data off you will still have the icon letting you know there is data coverage available. Don't know why they changed it, but thats what they do lol

Reactions: riker147

jwhistler

Aug 23, 2010
TCL 10 5G
Moto G Stylus 5G
Not a "problem", just a change they made. Even with mobile data off you will still have the icon letting you know there is data coverage available. Don't know why they changed it, but thats what they do lol

Change, for the sake of change. I can almost hear the software engineers: "Well, there's really nothing wrong with this, but if we change it, people will think it's a "NEW AND IMPROVED" feature!

jhom52

Apr 5, 2011
Dallas, TX
I have 2 S4. On one the 4g stays grayed when WiFi is running. My other S4 has the 4g on while WiFi is on. In each case, neither shows any 4g activity (arrows moving) with WiFi on. This is rather odd since both are setup the same with regards to WiFi and mobile data.

Update: by turning off Caller Name ID app, I have both of my S4 acting in the same way (4g consistently grayed out when WiFi on). Why the app affects the 4g icon is beyond me.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.