[ROM][06/27/11] CyanogenMod-7.1 for EVO :: (V7.1-RC1)

Search This thread

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
On the cyanogen.com home page, there is an article about "the future of CM7". It's almost entirely content-free but it does say they are thinking about going to "weekly" builds. Looks like the last three "nightlies" have in fact been separated by a week.

I bet we see a new one on June 18..

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

anthony_s

Nov 21, 2010
New York

drewmonge

Jan 2, 2012
Been running the new 7.2 (stable), seems pretty good, just a couple of forced closes. But can anyone tell me why it keeps caching pictures in gallery from the browser? First time I've ever seen that.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

kz6fittycent

Sep 1, 2011
Murfreesboro, TN
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is a release candidate, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- First time flashing CM 7 to your phone (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery 3 via ROM Manager
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. WIPE
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from an earlier CM?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

Love it! Long time deck user...flashed this rom and I'm thinking she's a keeper.

sent from my shooter 4g

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is a release candidate, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your phone (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery 3 via ROM Manager
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from an earlier CM?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    a little help from me to you

Here is a few links that have helped me and may help you. I'm sure I'm leaving alot out but I'll add as time goes. If I've posted something wrong or there is something valuable to most of us that I can include, please PM me!

I am NOT LIABLE for anything that goes wrong with your phone and, with that being said....

HAPPY FLASHING!!

:D CWM or RA ? That is the question. (rename PC36IMG & flash in bootloader)

:D Current G-Apps Just in case you want these too.

:D CM7 Nightly Change Log to keep up to date with the times.

:D N39 GPS driver Because for some of up it helps with lock.

:D Wireless Tether for AOSP (CM7) Because some of us dont want to use native tether.

:D Change or Remove "Sprint" from lockscreen Just because its OUR phone now!

:D Having SENSE withdrawls ? This helped me get through it.

:D Want a different KERNEL? Try this.

:D Need HDMI . Goto the thread for more info.

:D Want a different font? Try a few of these.

:D Different Boot Animation or Splash screen ? These are different.

:D Different LockScreen (Morph) This one looks like HoneyComb

:D Need swype ? Get your swype on!

:D Got Hulu? Install flash for hulu.

:D Got Netflix? Sometimes its in the market.

:D Get a theme from Here or try mine from Here (Mildly blue and white themed)

to be continued...

Please remember keep it clean for everyone and, if someone helps you please hit the " Thanks " button instead of creating another post.
    Does this rom have the carrier IQ removed. Heh, I'm quite paranoid.

Hah, no chance CM would ever have that garbage. Also, it's proprietary software and we couldn't ship it if we wanted to.
    Damn, just flashed the latest nightly. Can I just flash this over without wiping?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Why don't you read the CM post a few above your post....

Thanks for the link. I WENT to CM forums but still didn't see a damn link! Checked the Evo section but only saw links for .70.3.1. Thanks mazdarider, despite the attitude. I know, helpin people is a *****. Nonetheless, thanks

(Haven't decided if thats a thanks button push or not, nonethelesss, thanks for your begrudging help)

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
    I posted that weeks ago and you went out of your way to reply to it? WOW you must really have a hard on for me...hahahaha

Oh and you can take your THANKS and shove it!!