[Q] Default battery capacity on WT19i

Search This thread

melander

Dec 31, 2011
Parañaque
Got a reply from se customer care.... They say i cn go to nearest service center and get it replaced

Sent from my WT19i using XDA

Wow, that is great news,,,:D
Would check with service centers here in our area if that would be possible as well.
Just a question though, is your phones' bootlocker already unlocked?.
Would that cause any issues for the battery replacement in terms of the warranty?
How did you reach out to Sony? thru the website Contact us link?

That was weird, where did you buy your phone? On my unit it has the same model EP500; 1200mAh 1226-6582.2. I acquired it directly from SE shop. :D
Sorry have to remove your link since im still restricted to post outside links on forums.

Thanks for the info sir,
Not sure why they are putting in different batteries on the same model.
Just asked my co-worker who has one and he also has the same 1160mAh battery,:mad:
I bought mine from Fonestyle ATC and my co-worker from Cellway SM Southmall.
Which SE Shop did you buy your unit from?

Reactions: luiphilip

luiphilip

Jan 30, 2012
Pines
Would check with service centers here in our area if that would be possible as well.
Would that cause any issues for the battery replacement in terms of the warranty?

Thanks for the info sir,
Just asked my co-worker who has one and he also has the same 1160mAh battery,:mad:

You're early bro. I got mine from one of the SE shops on SM. Originally planning to get Experia active but that model was selling like hot pancake.:) A smartphone that can be used underwater + dust proof. Though i have no regrets with the LWW since its meeting most of my usage criteria. Original SE walkman user since i migrated from the BW LCD monitored phone.

melander

Dec 31, 2011
Parañaque
You're early bro. I got mine from one of the SE shops on SM. Originally planning to get Experia active but that model was selling like hot pancake.:) A smartphone that can be used underwater + dust proof. Though i have no regrets with the LWW since its meeting most of my usage criteria. Original SE walkman user since i migrated from the BW LCD monitored phone.

Been a long time w800i user before, this is my first Android phone.:cool:
Just want to enjoy it as much as I can.
Just got curious about this battery capacity when a friend here in xda mentioned that he has that kind of battery capacity on his.
I work at night, that is why my post is so early in the morning...:D

prateek_gemini

Nov 10, 2011

Ya i mailed them at the email written on the box that se lww came in...... questions.in@support.sonyericsson.com

I think .in is fr india.....

melander

Dec 31, 2011
Parañaque
Thanks! Sending them an email now.
questions.ph@support.sonyericsson.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just received a response from Sony PH...
They are telling me they have nothing to do with it, they are telling me to talk with the reseller regarding the battery issue.
And as a bonus, they are telling me that the store that I got my phone from is not an "Authorized distributor".
However the packaging of my phone is laden with their stickers indicating that this phone is covered by their "Official Warranty"
Double checked the receipt, warranty card and it definitely shows that this unit should be supported.

I responded promptly and informed then that I will try to check with the reseller.
I asked another question, just wanting to clarify about the warranty of my unit.
Then I received another response, and guess what, it is just the same message as the first one.
They just change the paragraph breaks,,,do they think that I would not notice?

I just resend my earlier message also, hoping that they would at least answer my 2nd set of questions.

Last edited:

gmp009

Mar 3, 2011
Hyderabad
mINE IS also 1160mah :-( well i think those phones which were distribute in 2011 got 1200MAH and now the latest one of 2012 are with 1160MAH!

so I asked Sony Mobile about the battery capacity and replacement and stuff. I got a reply in Polish, so no screenshot ;)

We would like to inform you that SEMC Li-Ion and Li-Polymer batteries are for a longer time marked with value of "typical" capacity. The value is based on standard methods of metering. Jt's necessary, so that demands of markets of nearly all the countries are fulfilled.

Because of the new regulations applied in 2012, the new value is introduce and it defines the "minimum" battery capacity.

We would also like to inform you, that all the batteries of this type since the change will be marked with value of "minimum" capacity (instead of "typical" capacity, which had been used before).

It doesn't influence in any way on the confirmed durations of standby time and talking time

I'm not so great in translating from Polish to English, I hope you'll understand :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hwcu14.png
    1226-6581.2 11W32
    1200mAh 4.5Wh

This info on my WT19i.
    i also have 1160 mAh battery ..... should we report it to service center ?
    well, mine 1160 too....

sent from my Walkman
    Got a reply from se customer care.... They say i cn go to nearest service center and get it replaced

That was weird, where did you buy your phone? On my unit it has the same model EP500; 1200mAh 1226-6582.2. I acquired it directly from SE shop. :D
    Sorry have to remove your link since im still restricted to post outside links on forums.

Thanks for the info sir,