Don't install Demo.apk

Search This thread

tomoffel

Jun 11, 2007
moffel.de
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Hey my friends,

Played around with my one and found a file named "Demo.apk" and installed it.. Watched the fancy movie.. and I just realized that all my apps are gone..

So be carefull..

Greetings from Germany

Gesendet von meinem HTC One

dobknobby

May 12, 2010
Bracknell
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
What was the video like?

Bit strange how your apps have gone? Can you enlighten, is it all apps? Or Play Store Apps, or HTC Apps .. .. if HTC Apps a hard reset may bring them back?

Now you said this will be interesting to see how many people try it for themselves. . . lol

autophone

Oct 27, 2010
Could it be the demo video for in-store display?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Palla71

ant78

Jul 13, 2008
Manchester
So where does this demo.apk come from? Did you download it?

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

tomoffel

Jun 11, 2007
moffel.de
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
The file is stored in /system/demoflo/
And was allready on my phone.

It was some introducing to the phone, with following links/information to the HTC zoe, boom and stuff..

All Apps, installed with the store AND manual installed with apk are gone, also messages.. :( and there were fake contacts and apointments in Phonebook and Calendar..

r2001uk

Oct 1, 2008
Leeds
Can the apk be deleted? I'd hate to accidentally install it! What were HTC thinking?! Is that path only accessible with root?

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
So it's a handy app to use to display the phone in stores. Users could go out of their mind, install apps and rerunning the app would clear the phone.

Just to make sure. It didn't remove the original apps that came with your phone right? So, just do a factory reset and set up your accounts again. Good luck and thanks for the tip.... (Although I have an almighty urge to run that app now lol)

terminal 7

Jan 27, 2008
exeter, uk.
LOL

i did this after a couple of days of getting my ONE just how i like it..

i wasnt too pleased but hey if your gonna go digging expect to fall into a hole now and again.. LOL

HTC have a mini website about this file giving shop staff a kind of prep talk "your perfect pitch is just a few steps away"

i wont do this again..

Reactions: tomoffel

cobbcobbdavid

Dec 13, 2011
The file is stored in /system/demoflo/
And was allready on my phone.

It was some introducing to the phone, with following links/information to the HTC zoe, boom and stuff..

All Apps, installed with the store AND manual installed with apk are gone, also messages.. :( and there were fake contacts and apointments in Phonebook and Calendar..

I cant find this in my phone. Did you root your phone? Or this file can be access without root?

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

i wasnt too pleased but hey if your gonna go digging expect to fall into a hole now and again.. LOL

HTC have a mini website about this file giving shop staff a kind of prep talk "your perfect pitch is just a few steps away"

i wont do this again..

How to access this file? Did you root it?

shuflie

Apr 14, 2006
Belfast
I had done this as well, two days after I got the phone, you can only get to the demo.apk by using a file explorer that lets you get to the root of the file system, rootexploer does this by default and esfile explorer can be set to go up to root.
For anyone that has done this have you noticed the phone randomly resetting itself and the WiFi crashing (won't connect to access points and wifi setting are unresponsive) requiring a reset to re enable it? My phone is doing this and I'm not sure if I have a faulty phone or if its because I powered the phone down when I noticed it complaining about too many calendar deletes at once as the demo app was running.

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Hmmm just wondering why did you even install the app located in the system partition? lol :D Just makes me wonder I haven't really encountered someone who installs apk inside the system partition :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could it be the demo video for in-store display?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
    I added a warning in the app section long ago,I installed it on my OneX and it erased both messages and phonebook to replace them with fake ones :eek:
    LOL

i wont do this again..