[Q] Samsung recovery problem ( Help fast :s )

Search This thread

dfist

Feb 15, 2014
Hi. I'm new to here so please i appreciate any help you can give :).
So the story is... I own a samsung galaxy gio S5660 (i have Android 2.2.1 ) and i wanted to flash a custom rom on it. Well i forgot that i had to root it, so i just flashed the CWM recovery on it and now i cant get into the recovery, the samsung logo just stays. The phone works, it boots up but only not in the recovery mode :s. Also, i cant root from the pc either because i get unknown device, i installed kies, reinstalled the drivers... I get the error : Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). It charges via usb but doesnt connect as storage or something like that :/ i cant figure out what to do. The root programs dont recognize/find the device so am i screwed or what :s. I know i was stupid that i didnt think about the root. I've done the rooting on a tablet many times so i dont know why i forgot to do it :s

Thank you for reading. Hope i get an answer

dfist

Feb 15, 2014
BUMP BUMP-
I did a factory reset with the code from the phone and now its stuck on the samsung logo :s. It enters download mode and fastboot but the most important problem is that the pc doesnt recognize the device so i cant use odin or any similar program to flash a new recovery on it :s. Is there anything i could do?
I tried reinstalling the drivers multiple times.
I tried on 2 laptops and 1 desktop but it's all the same :S.

ahsgdf

Jan 3, 2013
jaja

Prepare ODIN with the firmware you want to flash (in my case was Gingerbread 2.3.4) and get it ready to go.
-
Remove battery, wait for a bit. Insert battery again.
-
Flash a recovery with your specific filesystem (EXT4 or RFS)-(If you have EXT4, download ext4 only, don't get ext4+rfs)
-
Enter recovery & Wipe | Format:
System
Data
Cache
Dalvik Cache
Have ODIN ready. Connect phone to PC.
-
Reboot to Download Mode
Hold Volume down + Power + Home button at the same time.
-
At this point Odin should have detected your Galaxy Gio (Yellow rectangle should appear).
-
Insert the Stock Rom or Custom Rom.
-
Click Start button in Odin and wait about 5 min.
-
Reboot and wait

Method 2: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1153310
Method 3: using usb jig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=METM3teG5rI
It's not my fault if you hard brick your phone using this methods.

dfist

Feb 15, 2014
Thanks for answering, but i cant enter recovery as i mentioned early and also odin doesnt detect my phone in download mode :s. When the samsung logo just stays i plug also the usb in then the pc says it cannot recognize the device and its listed as unknown which i before also mentioned. When i attempt to enter recovery it just also stays at the samsung logo and isnt entering it :s..