Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Cybershot Concept Phone Last Attempt

how would you rate my ideas and concepts now?

Votes: 7 50.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 7.1%

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

zzcool

Nov 27, 2012
Gothenburg
so considering my first attempt at a concept didn't go too well i thought i'd try again as i was at the time on a vacation being limited to what i could post

first the z3

10013539_10152248968156668_1099813813_n.jpg

second the z3 cybershot it's my take on samsungs k zoom i was unsure how thick it had to be untill i saw the k zoom

1960891_10152248435896668_1590043510_o.jpg

Many did not like the thin bezels saying it would be impossible to hold but, i had an idea for this i call virtual bezels the phone itself would use a JDI developed OLED panel with white magic, the beauty with oled is that when the screen shows black it's off, so my idea is simple to add dead space too the screen when you choose, for example flip the phone in landscape and you get a special amount of dead space of your choosing, since it's oled it would look exactly the same as a physical bezel as the screen would be off where the deadspace is, my idea is simple to have a intelligent virtual bezel that changes itself after your preference, in potrait the bezel could be very thin as you don't technically need bezel to hold a phone properly,but in landscape the black deadspace could be more so you can hold the phone properly, when you want to watch a movie having it standing in it's dock or something you could fill the entire screen with the movie, the dead space would be controlled by a seperate chip to avoid any glitches through android.

the screen itself would pretty much be edge to edge many did not like this one

10154337_10152262767956668_815905957_n.jpg

and i agree it's not pretty, but it's the same exact phone as the one above, as you can see the sony logo is glowing the notification icons are next too it thats because thats part of the screen, if you don't like having it like this then simply open the settings menu drag a slider and adjust how much screen space you want, so think of this virtual bezel idea as the black classic android softkeys but without any buttons just a black border, since it's oled this black border would be completely off.

it is very hard to explain my virtual bezel idea without actually showing it, think of the xperia z1 for example magically extending it's screen across the bezels.

my second idea is a light stripe all around the phone, i want this light stripe to be very advanced to be able to show color gradient, i like flashing lights but i don't want them to ruin the design of the phone, so the idea is that this light stripe should replace the plastic frame the z series phones have for antenna reception when the light is off it would be completely invisible, ofcourse i am not sure if a light like this is even possible but it's an idea nonetheless.

Reactions: unmaskedfalesh

unmaskedfalesh

Dec 9, 2012
Biratnagar
so considering my first attempt at a concept didn't go too well i thought i'd try again as i was at the time on a vacation being limited to what i could post

first the z3

second the z3 cybershot it's my take on samsungs k zoom i was unsure how thick it had to be untill i saw the k zoom

Many did not like the thin bezels saying it would be impossible to hold but, i had an idea for this i call virtual bezels the phone itself would use a JDI developed OLED panel with white magic, the beauty with oled is that when the screen shows black it's off, so my idea is simple to add dead space too the screen when you choose, for example flip the phone in landscape and you get a special amount of dead space of your choosing, since it's oled it would look exactly the same as a physical bezel as the screen would be off where the deadspace is, my idea is simple to have a intelligent virtual bezel that changes itself after your preference, in potrait the bezel could be very thin as you don't technically need bezel to hold a phone properly,but in landscape the black deadspace could be more so you can hold the phone properly, when you want to watch a movie having it standing in it's dock or something you could fill the entire screen with the movie, the dead space would be controlled by a seperate chip to avoid any glitches through android.

and i agree it's not pretty, but it's the same exact phone as the one above, as you can see the sony logo is glowing the notification icons are next too it thats because thats part of the screen, if you don't like having it like this then simply open the settings menu drag a slider and adjust how much screen space you want, so think of this virtual bezel idea as the black classic android softkeys but without any buttons just a black border, since it's oled this black border would be completely off.

it is very hard to explain my virtual bezel idea without actually showing it, think of the xperia z1 for example magically extending it's screen across the bezels.

my second idea is a light stripe all around the phone, i want this light stripe to be very advanced to be able to show color gradient, i like flashing lights but i don't want them to ruin the design of the phone, so the idea is that this light stripe should replace the plastic frame the z series phones have for antenna reception when the light is off it would be completely invisible, ofcourse i am not sure if a light like this is even possible but it's an idea nonetheless.
i sure like it bro..the bezel less looks much better but almost all people want to protect their phone from falls by keeping large bezels that i hate ...i appreciate your hard work bro..

Reactions: zzcool

zzcool

Nov 27, 2012
Gothenburg
i sure like it bro..the bezel less looks much better but almost all people want to protect their phone from falls by keeping large bezels that i hate ...i appreciate your hard work bro..

thankyou it seems it's very difficult to have concepts liked here

i also did a razer phone and i want to move that design to my sony concepts

10330461_10152338820711668_454529324332947957_n.jpg

and here was a more square version that people didn't like but i personally like just maybe get rid of that thick frame thing

1926793_10152219821821668_7640808_n.jpg

trongvosong

Feb 15, 2014
you can give for me wallpaper pict galaxy first

first the z3

you can give for me wallpaper pict galaxy first. i like it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

first the z3

first the z3