[Question]How to mount my SGT7.7 as a mass storage drive under Linux?

Search This thread

paulhsu1981

Jan 31, 2012
I use Ubuntu 64bit as my desktop.
I can mount SGT7.7 as a mass storage on my WinXP.
But it doesn't work on my linux machine.

Any solution?

Thanks

GOF007

May 4, 2007
How can you mount SGT7.7 as a mass storage on WinXP?
I wanna do that too.
My 7.7 can mount only as MTP >.<

kazuni

Aug 28, 2007
Hong Kong
Last edited:
Reactions: paulhsu1981

kazuni

Aug 28, 2007
Hong Kong
Do you install Samsung kies?

After I installed Samsung Kies,
when I connect my SGT7.7,
I can access the internal storage and external storage through file explorer.

I believe he meant Mass Storage as in , like a card reader, it assigns a drive letter.

No, unfortunately, SGT 10.1, 8.9, 7.7 and 7.0 plus does not allow the unit run other than MTP mode, so no Mass Storage.

Jade Eyed Wolf

Nov 4, 2010
Arlington Virginia
That's why the micro SD slot and/or USB OTG adapter is so useful. If you ever want to copy stuff over to your device, that you otherwise wouldn't be able to via MTP, you can just put it directly to a micro SD, or on a USB device and then copy from there to the 7.7

huchengtw

Feb 26, 2010
Taipei
It only works as MTP.

The only way so far to map it for easy file transfer is to have an adb-gui-wrapper that does file transfer and query.

Like the great QtADB, available in windows/linux/macosx flavour:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=683223

Hi kazuni,

May you connect to SGT 7.7 with adb in linux?? The adb devices command just gives me:

List of devices attached
???????????? device

My PC is installed with Ubuntu Linux 64bit. I had add an udev rule with the following content:

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="04e8:6860", SYMLINK+="android_adb", MODE="0666"
TEST=="/var/run/ConsoleKit/database", \
RUN+="udev-acl --action=$env{action} --device=$env{DEVNAME}"

But it does not work.

lousyfer

Jan 29, 2010
Can copy over files

That's why the micro SD slot and/or USB OTG adapter is so useful. If you ever want to copy stuff over to your device, that you otherwise wouldn't be able to via MTP, you can just put it directly to a micro SD, or on a USB device and then copy from there to the 7.7

I can copy files i just plug it into the usb - it appeas as mtp, i then click on it in my computer and can copy too and from both card and device. I am usind Win 7 64 bit with drivers loaded.

kazuni

Aug 28, 2007
Hong Kong
Hi kazuni,

May you connect to SGT 7.7 with adb in linux?? The adb devices command just gives me:

List of devices attached
???????????? device

My PC is installed with Ubuntu Linux 64bit. I had add an udev rule with the following content:

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="04e8:6860", SYMLINK+="android_adb", MODE="0666"
TEST=="/var/run/ConsoleKit/database", \
RUN+="udev-acl --action=$env{action} --device=$env{DEVNAME}"

But it does not work.

yes you can. I am using backtrack5 and ubuntu, both works with adb push and pull.

Pirreballo

Feb 1, 2009
Good news for Mac users, Kies Mac works with the GT 7.7. Although the Samsung website only lists the Tab 10.1, it works perfectly with the 7.7

Any other way to connect the GT7.7 to Mac with USB connection?
I really hate Kies (as everybody I guess :p) and hoped that Android Files Transfer worked but unfortunally not!
It works only with my Galaxy Nexus :mad:

Asad_Khan

May 19, 2012
Need to mount Galaxy 7.7 as Mass Storage

I'm having same problem. Need to transfer my itunes library via Easy Phone Tunes but not being able to since it's not mounting microSD card and if I just transfer the media files then it doesn't get all the track info like artwork and such.

odessa2

Mar 14, 2009
Hey guys,
seems like mtp tools are not working in the newest Ubuntu 12.04. I didn't manage to get it to work. Google confirmed what.
Since I cant't get it to work, i am always booting to windows 7. MTP works great there.

Greetings
Daniel

zsolti256

Sep 13, 2010
I dont know about Linux, but For Windows users, add this to Totalcommander plugins, itt will apear as mediaaudio in the network connections in Totalcommander!
True, this is not mass storage, but close :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts