Samsung galaxy ace brick

Search This thread

kras0

Nov 2, 2011
this is what u get for not reading posts before doing somehing as dangerous as using rom manager :mad: anyway send it to service center tell them Kies crashed while updating XD

Haha...great excuse :D

On almost every thread it says that dont use rom manager. After reading so many bad experiences i get chills when rooting new rom and there is rom manager installed. Never tried to mess with it...always first install titanium backup (or simillar app) and uninstall rom manager forever :D

InverseSandwich

Oct 28, 2011
Hampshire
about.me
Use ROM manager properly noob.
d4b78044-8530-c7cd.jpg

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Ace

TheSaint77

Apr 12, 2012
The Hague
OKay I bricked it :S

:eek: After 4 hours of reading and finally taking the steps I bricked my ACE sadly following these instructions...

Now you have Gingerbread. You want a backup. Search for chinoray and clockwordmodace.zip. This'll give you the backup program (a.k.a Clockworkmod Recovery) so you can do a recovery no matter what. (Press home and power to boot into recovery mode. there's an option to install from a zip. Install chinoray's file)

:(

What I did was seeking for the software 'clockwordmodace' in the Marketplace, caus i did not find it elsewhere. Then, after installing it, I said Backup current ROM and it whent dead in my hands and never woke up. Even after pressing the home-power-volume up combination. Noob me..

So I guess I will bring it back to the store....or does anybody else have a suggestion.

TheSaint77

Apr 12, 2012
The Hague
look at my signature.

Thanks ross231. Appreciate your reaction.

The ACE is back to Samsung for inspection...lets see what they say.

I told the store that the connection between my PC and the ACE was bad at the time I did an upgrade. They found that a plausible. :)

Hopefully they (Samsung) will send me another ACE because its not powering at all and this one is not even a month old.

QNBT

Oct 14, 2010
:eek: After 4 hours of reading and finally taking the steps I bricked my ACE sadly following these instructions...

:(

What I did was seeking for the software 'clockwordmodace' in the Marketplace, caus i did not find it elsewhere. Then, after installing it, I said Backup current ROM and it whent dead in my hands and never woke up. Even after pressing the home-power-volume up combination. Noob me..

So I guess I will bring it back to the store....or does anybody else have a suggestion.

You DID NOT really follow its instructions, looks like ur bad mouthing the thread xD
Anyways just to avoid future problems like these, if it says .zip it's probably not gonna be on the market since all the apps are apk files.
The zip file is suppose to be flashed via recovery-mode. When I was using froyo you werent able to chose and select which zip-file to update from, so I rename the clockworkmodace.zip to update.zip and chose the updater (in recovery mode). That's one way to get CWM properly.

edit: oh and you can download CWM via that thread, it links you to this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1168417

robotsmani

Oct 2, 2011
I hard bricked my phone last week and went to service center with upgrade failiure from kies reason, they accepted and changed the pb(mother board). Now it came back to life.

ROM Manager sucks. I did the current rom backup and the it bricked.

GeRmAnRoMs

Apr 9, 2012
Krefeld/Germany
The same happend to me and i send it to samsung service and now it working and running cm7

P.S. when you bring it to samsung service do not say it is rooted then you lose your warranty . :eek::eek::what:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

TheSaint77

Apr 12, 2012
The Hague
Yeah its working again. :D Its the same device /IMEI so it was not bricked at all.

And I have Cyanogen mod 9 ICS working on it. But still no camera :(

memity

May 14, 2012
this is a pain

The instructions on the cyanogenmod wiki for the galaxy ace suggest using ROM Manager so I assumed it was fine. It just goes to show you shouldn't trust wikis!

Any advice on getting this fixed if outside of warranty? In theory could I send it to Samsung?

memity

May 14, 2012
Fixed - In case anyone reading this has the same problem

So I downloaded the right version of Odin for the Ace (4.38) and had better success, but whatever version of the firmware I loaded didn't work...

I then tried to flash the cwm as described in the post I can't link to, but titled 'Clock Work Mod Recovery v5.0.2.6 Flashable via Odin'. With the new recovery mode, I was able to install the firmware I'd downloaded to my SD card (cyanogenmod) which worked.

Good luck to anyone else who's having the same problem!

flateric24

Feb 28, 2011
The instructions on the cyanogenmod wiki for the galaxy ace suggest using ROM Manager so I assumed it was fine. It just goes to show you shouldn't trust wikis!

Any advice on getting this fixed if outside of warranty? In theory could I send it to Samsung?

Have you taken a look at this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1071970

I am considering clockworkmod but put off by the 'bricking' situation. I see there are a couple of versions - V4 and V5

I take it downloading the .zip file and running from the Galaxy's default recovery mode is failsafe rather than from the Play market?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    look at my signature.
    Hello, I have samsung galaxy ace, android 2.3.6, and I install rom manager, and telephone not power on, not work volume down + power + home selection, not working power = home selection, help my please, how unbrick phone.

1. prepare odin for flashing
    2. connect your usb cable
    3. insert the battery into your phone while pressing power + home + vol down
    4. itll get into download mode
    5. click start...
    6. wait.............
    7. enjoy :D

i suggest you flash mush69 rom

i used these settings in odin while my phine was hard bricked while flashing mush69
    the .ops file as ops
    apboot file as boot
    modem file for phone
    code file for pda
    and csc file for csc

dont forget to hit the thanks button
    If you can still access recovery then an USB JIG can put your phone in Download Mode... buy one and try that first.

thanks for reply
    is not strange that i can access stock recovery?can i do anything with it?