Motoactv

Search This thread

Prack

Dec 6, 2010
Lino Lakes, MN
This isn't my first rodeo with android, I have rooted more phones and bricked a few as well.
Just the information layout of this thread is difficult to follow.

I rooted and flashed the 1.1.2 rom on it.
I have my phone working with the phone, but notifications don't work, and it seems like the watch HAS to be on wifi for all the applications to work.
I though I could have the watch use my phones 4g for internet connection, but I don't seem to be able to set that up, if its even possible.

Notifications to the watch are with the motoactv app and it runs off bluetooth not wifi. The apps that require wifi will not work without wifi obviously but setting up wifitether is not difficult on most phones. The one issue that you will see though is the wifi will turn itself off after a while and you need to keep toggling it back on. Either way it's up to you man I think it's a nice device. I meant no disrespect in the last post either I'm just giving out the wiki site. Yes I understand we need our own forum section. We have asked/voted etc. All we can do is wait. I know there is a motoactv forum that is not part of xda but I haven't made my way over yet. Not sure that I will either this thread has been fine for me.

Margino

Nov 4, 2006
Is anyone actually using Google maps? I been trying to get it to find my location, but it won't find it....it just keeps searching...am I missing something here?

I've had no problems with Google Maps. GPS tends to take a minute or two to lock on. A GPS app like GPS Status is good for some feedback on satellite acquisition. If Google Maps still doesn't find your position try restarting the watch.

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
i tried that nothing happened... what the heck is going on... does anyone have any ideas... I read some people having this problem with a phone in rsd lite saying to change the xml file... is there anything in the boot.img i can change? lol probably wishful thinking... oh well...

I was reading about them last night. You aren't using rsdlite, so I'm not sure how that could apply. Assuming the images you're using are valid, it may be the unit itself.

Sent using XDA-funded carrier pigeons

rusty1701

Jun 5, 2010
apk's not showing up

I might have found the issue.. does anyone know if wiping the cache partion could cause problems like this??? If so, can it be repaired easily? I have rerooted and have ics launcher running. I would just like to send apks directly from my pc to the watch (have a bunch). I also would like to thank you for your help so far.

ByronCole

Feb 15, 2012
I was reading about them last night. You aren't using rsdlite, so I'm not sure how that could apply. Assuming the images you're using are valid, it may be the unit itself.

HAHA yeah i knew it was wishful thinking lol

I have a question... it is still under motorola warranty right? If it wont read the flash they cant successfully adb or fastboot anything they cant know its rooted right?

dragonfly1113

Apr 7, 2009
Hopatcong
loving this 1.1.3 rom so far, just an fyi for anyone interested i found a way to text and get gtalk through the watch, just install meebo from the market and link to ur gmail than you can have your gtalk messages come through and you can respond to them, as for texts i have desksms installed on my phone so any texts that come into my phone go to my gtalk therefore i can now respond on my watch! this is what i've been waiting for to get working!!! this is awesome, hopefully this excites others as much as it excites me :)

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
HAHA yeah i knew it was wishful thinking lol

I have a question... it is still under motorola warranty right? If it wont read the flash they cant successfully adb or fastboot anything they cant know its rooted right?

That would be my guess. Maybe call them and explain that it won't power on, then go through their motions for return.

loving this 1.1.3 rom so far, just an fyi for anyone interested i found a way to text and get gtalk through the watch, just install meebo from the market and link to ur gmail than you can have your gtalk messages come through and you can respond to them, as for texts i have desksms installed on my phone so any texts that come into my phone go to my gtalk therefore i can now respond on my watch! this is what i've been waiting for to get working!!! this is awesome, hopefully this excites others as much as it excites me :)

That's pretty killer! DeskSMS is made by Koush also, isn't it? I thought about purchasing it also.

dragonfly1113

Apr 7, 2009
Hopatcong

actually just installed ebuddy messenger and its even better than meebo because it notifies you with a light when you have a message :) this is awesome, now if only my wifi would stay on lol.

Margino

Nov 4, 2006
also anyone get swype keyboard working?

TouchPal Keyboard, which is a Swipe keyboard, works if the screen density is set to 80. The resolution makes the buttons a little hard to press accurately but, with a little practise, this is by far the quickest text entry for the MotoACTV I've come across so far.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Came across Android QuickDo. It's similar to zMooth but much more functional, and doesn't have that annoying bar at the bottom of the screen. I've now returned the hard buttons to stock functions and am very happy with the soft menu and home actions.

It also has custom gestures that can launch apps, amongst other things. The density of the screen has to be set to 70 in order to see the area where gestures are managed. After recording them all, and assigning apps, the screen can be set back to the original density.

Just make sure the floating button is turned off in the settings if you use it.

Last edited:

Margino

Nov 4, 2006
Keeping on a Swype keyboard vibe:

TSwipe-Pro Keyboard works at a density of up to at least 100.

It has lots of options, including different keyboard layouts and heights, and seems less awkward than the other keyboards I've tried. The options can be accessed by swiping the red keyboard button to the left. TSwipe website has an instruction manual.

Last edited:

romualdp

Dec 5, 2005
Quick update on Motoactv + Runkeeper + DoggCatcher.
Just completed 30K run in 3:01. Motoactv lasted for 2:28 :(. I was using Runkeeper to track my run, DoggCatcher with Presto engine to listen podcasts on 1.75 speed and MW600 bluetooth dongle to listen audio. First issue is that only on app can use audio over bluetooth - when I listen podcast I can not hear Runkeeper's readouts on the workout progress. Second with this setup battery life is too short - that's a pity - this is a nice device. Tomorrow is my 20K run - will try the same setup but with wired headset.

Reactions: nosit1

nosit1

May 19, 2010
Arizona
Quick update on Motoactv + Runkeeper + DoggCatcher.
Just completed 30K run in 3:01. Motoactv lasted for 2:28 :(. I was using Runkeeper to track my run, DoggCatcher with Presto engine to listen podcasts on 1.75 speed and MW600 bluetooth dongle to listen audio. First issue is that only on app can use audio over bluetooth - when I listen podcast I can not hear Runkeeper's readouts on the workout progress. Second with this setup battery life is too short - that's a pity - this is a nice device. Tomorrow is my 20K run - will try the same setup but with wired headset.

Good to see someone using the device for working out! Haha.

Good luck with your 20k run tomorrow!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

romualdp

Dec 5, 2005
Yes, I just use it for audio cues so it does not bothers me much.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

EricMiddleton

Apr 25, 2012
An Odd Experience with WiFi

I've noticed some odd patterns with how long the WiFi on my device stays on, and maybe this could be useful to somebody. When I use Dolphin Mini web browser, I'm lucky to get WiFi to last more than a minute. When on Facebook, Play Store, or pretty much any other app requiring network, it lasts anywhere from 1 to 20+ minutes. The really weird thing, though, is that sometimes, when I close all foreground applications and turn off the screen, the WiFi will still be on HOURS later! It's crazy! Anybody else notice these things? Also, does anybody else have a web browser that stays on WiFi longer? Sometimes I get booted off WiFi before I even get to the site I'm looking for.

Margino

Nov 4, 2006
I've been trying to get my music app, Mortplayer working with any of my A2DP headsets. My Sony Ericsson MW600 can play, pause, change tracks and control the volume over A2DP but it isn't receiving any audio.

I tried it with the stock music player and the audio works without issue there, it even displays the title of the track on the MW600's display.

Is anyone else having problems hearing bluetooth audio from a third-party app?

yellowboy63

Dec 20, 2010
I get sound fine out my headsets but the controls will stop working after a while, I would have to turn Bluetooth off then on again for controls to start working again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWMR ported

Hello,

I have ported CWMR 5.0.2.7 to the Motoactv (F100) device.

actvcmwr.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The procedure for this is as follows. You MUST have working adb knowledge to use this and you must be able to restore using the available tool should any problems arise. This is considered an ALPHA release that may need additional work. I did not have access to the device during the port so all testing was done through TheEndGame7. THERE MAY BE ISSUES, you are warned.

1) Download this file: CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img
    2) adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/
    3) adb shell (become root)
    4) dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    5) exit adb from the device
    6) adb reboot recovery (you should be in CWMR now)

The source for the device config is here. Please feel free to go wild with development on this because I do not have the device and likely won't be contributing much more except bug fixes. If you use this source, please give credit where it's due.

NOTE: there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is EXTREMELY finicky on this device and it WILL NOT BOOT past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren't needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. adb is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.

ramdisk config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_motorola_F100_initrd

device config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_motorola_F100

credits:
    koush for cwmr.
    TheEndGame7 for being my testing guinea pig.
    hashcode for some helpful insight.
    MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.1

Post removed, see below.
    Well, it was a *****, but here is build 2, moving to Beta at this point in 'Moto red' by request of TEG.

ayu6vRFV

There is 1 lingering issue: usb support in recovery. It is a bastard, going to really have to tear this thing apart to debug why. Right now, recovery can backup, restore, wipe, flash roms, etc. All the stuff you're used to working, now does. I fixed images by shrinking the kernel to fit more stuff in here. You should no longer get any weird image errors. I bumped you up to 5.0.2.8 source as well.

Flash this file the same as before via adb and dd.
    CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img

adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img /data/local/
    adb shell
    # dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    # exit
    adb reboot recovery

Some additional notes I'd like to share that might help you as you mess with this device now that I've played with one.

1) NEVER use adb reboot bootloader for any reason. You get stuck in a ****tily programmed loop of hell. The way out of this loop is by following these instructions:

a) hold START, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN together for 10 seconds at least. You should see the screen flicker on and off twice.
    b) plug in the USB cable to turn device on
    c) you should boot back to rom, if not, do it again. It's touchy.

2) The 'soft' reset is done by START + POWER for 5 seconds.

Enjoy. Source is updated. This will likely be the last update unless I get adb working.

Credits: koush for cwmr
    TheEndGame7 for providing a device
    ClearD for files
    Attached is the latest copy of my MotoACTV Easy Modder v1.0. This is a MAJOR upgrade! Adds numerous features and completely revises how backups are stored on the computer. Need to use 7zip to extract it, wouldn't let me upload that big of a .zip file.

To make this version see your old backups, open your IMGs folder, make a new folder (no spaces), drag all your old .img files into it.

ChangeLog:
    v1.0 Updated 1/16/12
    - Redesigned GUI
    - Integrated SuperOneClick (Very basic at the moment)
    - Backup (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Restore (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Added more Button Remaps (21 configurations)
    - Run Custom ADB commands
    - Run Custom Fastboot commands

v0.8 Updated 1/12/12
    - Fixed a few errors
    - Made ADB pause until a device is detected before continuing
    - New method of button remapping (DELETE "Keypads" folder from previous version)
    - Cleaned code

v0.6 Updated 01/09/12
    - Backup
    - Now supports multiple images
    - Restore / Flash
    - Flash Custom Boot.img
    - Implemented Userdata Restore
    - Implemented System and Userdata Restore
    - Mods
    - Install Custom APKs
    - Tools
    - Remount filesystem as Read/Write
    - Modified "Clean '/system/app'"

v0.1 Initial Release
    - Backup (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Restore (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Remap Buttons (7 different configurations)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace Stock PackageInstaller.apk with one from CyanogenMod
    - Remove MotoCRAP (Strip '/system/app')
    - Restart MotoACTV
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Future Plans:
    - Market Installer
    - Port scripts to *nix and Mac

Screenshots:
    http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=5789

Download:
    Newer version posted later in thread. Page 55.
    Working on an All-in-One batch file with an easy to use menu to try and make the alleviate some problems people are having so that the IRC can be used more for development progress and creative ideas rather than support.

Features:
    - Backup (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Restore (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace PackageInstaller.apk
    - Remap Buttons (7 configurations)
    - Restart
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Attached are a few screenshots. Let me know if there is anything else I should include.