[recovery][ALPHA]CWR-5.0.2.7-cvpcs+DK_RECOV.zip

Search This thread

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
Here is a hacked ver: Dx2 "body" (5025 zip) w/ a Atrix engine (5020 recovery).
It could hose your phone!!!!!!!!!!!!
Load it to the preinstall dir as the same name of the zip that is there and dup perms. See my hacked cwr thread.
It BUs but cannot Restore sys mounting err.
I have tenfars ud.zip on both SDs as the mongrel will flash tenfars better from sd-int????
Now when flashed back to tenfars restore starts but md5 MM.
Well I tried.
Edit: I had ULed the one that was 5025+5010 the new UL is 5025+5020 but no change in results.

BTW Thanks CadenH and balltongue
Edit I could not get these to run unless I zipped them on the phone.

Attachments

• 2recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.5-daytona_olympus5020adb_2recovery.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Peperm1nt

Jul 6, 2011
Matewan
I'd like to help with this project where are you exactly in this? what works and don't work?

Tapin the Talk on the xSquared

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
Good. I have 2 the: thread we are in and the rerecovery/preinstall link in the UDed op. I mixed different parts,now that someone(DK?) fixed the 5027 /sbin/recovery. I am not sure of the adv restore of sd-ext or /cache by the UL above I have another ver( of about 10 that run of 20 or more I hacked) that might work better. But they all stop dead on a full restore with the err above. A adv restore of system only gives more : bombs in mke2fs.
And the rerecovery's goal is to reflash, while still in cwr, to re-enable cwr after a wipe or any flash.

Peperm1nt

Jul 6, 2011
Matewan
I'll check it out when I get to a computer later. question, do you have to still be connected to the wall charger to boot into cwr? Doesn't matter, just wondering.

Possible fix, is the Fstab? Set to correct areas? Like system, data,etc? The atrix and x2 have different structures.

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
Yes.
IDoNotKnow about file sys differences. I think that is a new dept and you are the head of it.:D
I think one of these did the sd-ext restore.
I think the file systems are the same except for the ext4, Boss. But I just #ed(comented) them out to make the same as DragonzKillers. But the 2 arguments (recovery.fstab) in the atx IDoNotKnow(about).

The charger thing, have the plug in and pwr off. Even w/ tenfars uninstalled and /PreInstall filled, same. BTW I have no idea how the /PreInstall version gets booted BECAUSE TENFARS IS NOT THERE. (You *need* to read my other thread) I wonder if RomManager is key in getting it loaded but still works w/ RM uninstalled OR if you only load my files.
Edit
TO PUT IN PLAIN TERMS : ALL YOU NEED FOR ANY CHARGE ENABLED RECOVERY:
THE FILES: "hijack" AND (THE HACKED) "charge_only_mode" IN /system/bin

AND ".revovery_mode" IS IN /data

YOU DO NOT NEED ANYTHING ELSE BUT TO LOAD /preinstall
WITH YOUR FAV RECOVERY NAMED: "update-recovery.zip", ALONG WITH IT'S BINARY (SAME AS INSIDE THE ZIP) CALLED: "update-binary" AND "hijack" (SAME AS ABOVE). Thats it! 6 files.

edit: these 2 ULs are not the successful sd-ext restore candidates.

Attachments

• update5025-pi-sdext-atxR-fsx2mkegood.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
  • update5025-pi-sdext-5027R-fsx2mkegood.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Peperm1nt

Jul 6, 2011
Matewan
Ima try to decipher your short hand lol...

Yes the.recovery_mode.bin (or w/e) has to be in the data folder for how the tenfar recovery is set up. otherwise you get the boot system hangs.
the fstab file indexes the device, so you would have to change the recovery to meet that index. This is probably why you didn't get the restore.

with the new release of 2nd init, I think I can rework the recovery to boot without the charger, but no guarantees...I'll check it out tomorrow (I'm at work and won't get off till tomorrow night)

Last edited:

T3HBR1AN

Sep 18, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
It would be nice to boot the recovery from early usb enumeration instead of plugging it in.

Sent from my Eclipsed and ICS themed X2.

dragonzkiller

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2011
Wouldn't You Like To Know?
Everyone needs to calm down. People are freaking out over this thing when no one is reading that IT DOESN'T WORK YET. I'm pulling down the repo. I'm not letting a bunch of people who don't know what they're doing touch this. If you have a copy, more power to you, but most of you don't know what thing does what. It's not even fully updated.

It won't work with Early USB Enumeration nor will it probably ever. I spent months trying to do so and it won't work.

dragon out

Peperm1nt

Jul 6, 2011
Matewan
Everyone needs to calm down. People are freaking out over this thing when no one is reading that IT DOESN'T WORK YET. I'm pulling down the repo. I'm not letting a bunch of people who don't know what they're doing touch this. If you have a copy, more power to you, but most of you don't know what thing does what. It's not even fully updated.

It won't work with Early USB Enumeration nor will it probably ever. I spent months trying to do so and it won't work.

dragon out

lol please edit this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Notice this could hose,break,trash or brick your phone. You are warned.
    Update
    Thanks to both CVPCS and Dragonzkiller and the DX2-Dev-Team. And of course thanks to koush. And Tenfar too did he did find the /preinstall hack? Did Dragonzkiller fixed the graphics or what? IDNK, it is fixed(/sbin/recovery in DK, cvpcs is broken). Hence the hybrid zip.
    The UL zip works some what from /preinstall see my thread. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20634404&postcount=1 It may do the same if flashed via Tenfars,our bootstrap, just flash it as you would any zip and it will take over.
    It backs up and will restore, from adv restore, /cache and(if set in recovery.fstab) sd-ext. A full restore bombs:
    Checking MD5 sums...
    cache.ext3.tar: OK
    data.ext3.tar: OK
    system.ext3.tar: OK
    couldn't find default
    Found new backup image: /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2012-01-02.05.08.01//system.ext3.tar
    Restoring system...
    E:format_volume failed to unmount "/system"
    Error while formatting /system!

Other features may work. I find that zipping from win7 winrar fails but Root Explorer zipping results work.

/sbin/recovery is distorted (main screen):
    https://github.com/cvpcs/DroidX2Bootstrap/tree/master/assets

Distortion fixed;
    https://github.com/DX2-Dev-Team/DX2-CWMR/tree/master/assets

Edit What is the "/preinstall cwr hack"?
    TO PUT IN PLAIN TERMS : ALL YOU NEED FOR ANY CHARGE ENABLED RECOVERY:
    THE FILES: "hijack" AND (THE HACKED) "charge_only_mode" IN /system/bin

AND ".revovery_mode" IS IN /data

YOU DO NOT NEED ANYTHING ELSE BUT TO LOAD /preinstall
    WITH YOUR FAV RECOVERY NAMED: "update-recovery.zip", ALONG WITH IT'S BINARY (SAME AS INSIDE THE ZIP/meta-inf....) CALLED: "update-binary" AND "hijack" (SAME AS ABOVE). Thats it! 6 files. With permissions- See above link.

Older post
    5.0.2.0 http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-olympus.zip
    Not everything works: when flashing between recoveries they need to be on internal sd, and, of course, backup and restore may work but its for ul bootloaders only.
    DO NOT FLASH FROM ROM MANAGER. IT WILL BE SBF time.
    Flash from tenfars and keep a copy of both on int sd (tenfars update-recovery.zip and the DL) to go back and forth. Do not backup and restore with this.

dragon out