[MOD] Remove Ongoing Wifi notifications, smart stay eye (MDK,ME7)Updated 7.26.13

Search This thread

coolsilver

Dec 23, 2007
I think you still have the Notify Me option on under Wifi options. It will pop up when wireless access points are detected with this on.

Sorry didn't see the previous post. lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

rwc95

Sep 10, 2011
Bloomington
I have a new version of this that also removes the dim eye in the status bar when you have smart stay on if you guys are interested. That icon was bugging me also.

Reactions: -Michael_

JFazYankees

Apr 21, 2013
I think you still have the Notify Me option on under Wifi options. It will pop up when wireless access points are detected with this on.

Sorry didn't see the previous post. lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Go to settings, wifi, and uncheck the notify box at the top should fix what your seeing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium

Nope. It's unchecked. This is really strange

rwc95

Sep 10, 2011
Bloomington
I would be interested in that! Can you get rid of the location icon too?!

Can this be flashed with cwm?

I'll upload it in a few, there a mod for the location already made in here I just seen it. It just blanks the icons, I'll remove them from smali when I get time.

JFazYankees

Apr 21, 2013
post a screenshot of what your getting if you can.

First picture (notification present) is when no networks are detected. Second picture (notification not present) is when connected to wifi, at least one known or unknown network detected but not connected, or wifi off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-28-23-09-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-28-23-09-03.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 385
  • Screenshot_2013-05-28-23-10-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-28-23-10-06.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 384

rwc95

Sep 10, 2011
Bloomington
First picture (notification present) is when no networks are detected. Second picture (notification not present) is when connected to wifi, at least one known or unknown network detected but not connected, or wifi off.

I uploaded a V2 of the wifi removal and smart stay eye. Try and flash that one and see if it fixes this for you. I guess most people turn there wifi off is why we are seeing it but this should remove that also. I never use my wifi just 4g, but tried leaving mine on and not connected and cant this to pop up using the new mod.

Reactions: JFazYankees

JFazYankees

Apr 21, 2013
I uploaded a V2 of the wifi removal and smart stay eye. Try and flash that one and see if it fixes this for you. I guess most people turn there wifi off is why we are seeing it but this should remove that also. I never use my wifi just 4g, but tried leaving mine on and not connected and cant this to pop up using the new mod.

This worked. Thank you!

just4747

Jul 18, 2010
If we are using 3Minit framework with tweaks made by the app, replacing the framework-res with this one would cause issues correct?

rwc95

Sep 10, 2011
Bloomington
If we are using 3Minit framework with tweaks made by the app, replacing the framework-res with this one would cause issues correct?

I think 3minit is just systemui, this is the framework-res. But I'm not running 3minit so I can't tell you for sure. You can always make a backup and try and see what happens.

just4747

Jul 18, 2010
I think 3minit is just systemui, this is the framework-res. But I'm not running 3minit so I can't tell you for sure. You can always make a backup and try and see what happens.

But just like Xposed, you have to flash a specific framework first, so I assumed that would be the framework-res.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This mod will remove the annoying ongoing wifi notifications in the pulldown for wifi off, wifi connected to, and wireless network available that is always in the pulldown. This is only tested on the stock odex rom, should work on deodexed but please make backup first in case it doesnt work because I have no way to test yet. Just flash in recovery and reboot. Tested using TWRP recovery.

update - added a new version that removes the dim eye icon that always stays on when smart stay is enabled.

edit: This will work on odex and deodex roms

update- added ME7 version, and added two zips for the smart stay eye. One removes just the dim eye, the other removes the eye completely so it doesnt pop up. Flash the dim eye removal zips after the wifi removal as they are just vrtheme zips that blank the icon.

This one just wifi removal MDK
    http://www.2shared.com/file/hJdPigAH/S4_Remove_Ongoing_Wifi_notific.html

This one wifi removal and smart stay eye V2 MDK
    http://www.2shared.com/file/h9xhwMXK/S4_Remove_Ongoing_Wifi_notific.html

This one just wifi removal ME7
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntnsb5r2qrz6t0r/S4_Remove_Ongoing_Wifi_notification_ME7.zip
    So just replace the framework apk fix permission and reboot? I'm afraid to try bc I'm on stock rooted without a custom recovery to nandroid... Should it 100% work?!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
    I'll try it now. Give me a minute....

OK. It works but be careful of the order you do things. Make a backup of the original framewark-res file first. I copied the new framework res file to the sd card and fixed the permissions first. I also changed the owner to "root" with root explorer. This matches the original file. When you copy the new file over top of the original, your phone may lock up or do funky things. Reboot immediately.

I tried renaming the original file first and then copying the new file to the system folder. BAD IDEA. The phone started freezing and getting funky on me. I almost didn't get the new framework file moved before it crashed. That would have been bad. It's best to copy old file first and then dump the new file on top of the old one.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

So just replace the framework apk fix permission and reboot? I'm afraid to try bc I'm on stock rooted without a custom recovery to nandroid... Should it 100% work?!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

If you screw something up, there is a fairly easy fix. You can use this update file found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2357200

Use odin to flash this update file and you will be back to stock with all your apps and settings intact. You will need to re-root the phone but that is easy now.
    Now that we have a fully working stock-rooted ME7 ROM, it should be noted that both of these mods cause the phone to hang on the white Verizon screen at boot on the new update. What would have to be done in order for this mod to work with the newer software?

It will need to be redone with the new software files, flashing these old files on the new software is a bad idea, and yeah not gonna work. Ill update them when I get a chance
    Alright, I got this working on stock ME7 without the need for a bootloader.

1.) BE ROOTED
    2.) Install Terminal Emulator and Busybox
    3.) Open Busybox and hit Install.
    4.) Download the ME7 wifi removal file and extract.
    5.) Move the file from downloaded zip located in "/system/framework/framework-res.apk" to your internal SD Card.
    6.) Download and extract the reframe.zip to the internal SD Card.
    7.) Start up Terminal Emulator and type in:
    su
    cd /sdcard
    sh reframe.sh

Links:
    Wifi Removal for ME7 zip
    Reframe.zip
    I'm new to Samsung phones. Just to clarify- this mod needs to be run on the stock rooted rom?

Yes, this is for stock rooted. I just flashed it and it is working great.

If you are already rooted, you need to go to the Play store and download GooManager. Download the mod from the OP to your phone. Run GooManager, hit options and flash Openrecovery. Reboot into recovery mode and flash the mod from the OP. Reboot and enjoy.

As soon as we get a WIFI toggle mod, I'll be a happy camper. I'm sure some devs are working on it.