Root de la Vega [KNOX 0x0 Root | SM-N900T]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

joverclock

Sep 13, 2012
i successfully unlocked the sim by using an unlock code on my tmobile note 3 so that I can use it the ATT network. Will rooting it via this method eliminate the sim unlock? If so will the code I previously used unlock it again. Not really sure on how the sim locking thing works. Thanks for the knowledge!!
Also has anyone tried using screen mirroring and the allshare dongle after root. I know some people had issues with the s4 and screen mirroring via allshare dongel after being rooted. Even on the stock rom/ kernel.

ultimate goal is to play gta vice city sent to my big screen via allshare dongle/screen mirroring. Powered my tmobile note 3 on the att network and being controled by a PS3 controler connected to my note 3 via the official samsung OTG cable connected to a mini usb to full size usb cable. Awesome

Last edited:

AdmiralCF420

Sep 20, 2013
Kansas City
i successfully unlocked the sim by using an unlock code on my tmobile note 3 so that I can use it the ATT network. Will rooting it via this method eliminate the sim unlock? If so will the code I previously used unlock it again. Not really sure on how the sim locking thing works. Thanks for the knowledge!!
Also has anyone tried using screen mirroring and the allshare dongle after root. I know some people had issues with the s4 and screen mirroring via allshare dongel after being rooted. Even on the stock rom/ kernel.

ultimate goal is to play gta vice city sent to my big screen via allshare dongle/screen mirroring. Powered my tmobile note 3 on the att network and being controled by a PS3 controler connected to my note 3 via the official samsung OTG cable connected to a mini usb to full size usb cable. Awesome

Why not just use the 6-Axis Controller app on your rooted N3 and then you can connect a PS3 controller via bluetooth after you pair the controller with your phone's MAC address?

nickles96

Mar 14, 2008
Curious if anyone tried the OTA while still rooted? If so did you loose root? thanks:)

Is there an OTA for TMO already for this ? mine isn't expected to deliver until Monday.. i will use this root method as soon as i take it out of the box.. wonder about breaking OTA as well.
read several posts that it indeed will, but that xposed framework can set it so that it will actually work.. i wouldn't mind a confirm though.

saw a screen shot somewhere of someone hitting 'system updates', and getting a message that it's not available because system has been modified..
but they he installed xposed... hit the same system update again , and the screen said 'Your system is up to date'.....

parusia

Nov 19, 2010
Houston
Is there an OTA for TMO already for this ? mine isn't expected to deliver until Monday.. i will use this root method as soon as i take it out of the box.. wonder about breaking OTA as well.
read several posts that it indeed will, but that xposed framework can set it so that it will actually work.. i wouldn't mind a confirm though.

saw a screen shot somewhere of someone hitting 'system updates', and getting a message that it's not available because system has been modified..
but they he installed xposed... hit the same system update again , and the screen said 'Your system is up to date'.....

Yes wannam bring back the ability for OTA.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: nickles96

joverclock

Sep 13, 2012
Why not just use the 6-Axis Controller app on your rooted N3 and then you can connect a PS3 controller via bluetooth after you pair the controller with your phone's MAC address?

my phone is not rooted. I want to root it. Question is : Will I loose my sim unlock by rooting this method. I sim unlocked my phone but inputting a code I purchased on the net for a few dollars.

chadman

Dec 25, 2007
How do you check to see if knox is 0x0 or 0x1?

I was able to check by going back into the boot loader screen. power off, and press vol down, home, and power again.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

When I did this I did not wipe my phone first. I thought the process itself wiped the phone. After I was done it worked and all my apps seemed to work fine. Did I do this wrong? Rootcheck confirmed it's working.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nyteravyn

DKYang

Mar 19, 2009
I was able to check by going back into the boot loader screen. power off, and press vol down, home, and power again.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

When I did this I did not wipe my phone first. I thought the process itself wiped the phone. After I was done it worked and all my apps seemed to work fine. Did I do this wrong? Rootcheck confirmed it's working.

No, same thing happened to me. If it didn't wipe and you can confirm root is working, then just continue on with your life and be ---> :)

parusia

Nov 19, 2010
Houston
Where can I get the stock t-mobile files incase I want to go back?

If I'm not wrong this is stock only with root injected. To go back to stock, master reset in Stock recovery then after that reboot your phone and go to superSu apk and go to settings and then look for full unroot, click on it and reboot. Now you are pure stock with no root.

chadman

Dec 25, 2007
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thanks!

Everything seems to be working great, but my email crashes ever so often now. Anyone else have this happen? I did use Titanium backup to remove a bunch of bloatware. I dont think I could have removed anything that would have caused my email to do this.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

If I'm not wrong this is stock only with root injected. To go back to stock, master reset in Stock recovery then after that reboot your phone and go to superSu apk and go to settings and then look for full unroot, click on it and reboot. Now you are pure stock with no root.

Yes, but I manually deleted a bunch of files thinking I was cleaning up some junk. I'm worried I might have deleted the wrong file.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Ok, I was able to flash back to stock and knox flag still at 0x0. I got all my files back that I should have froze first then deleted later:)

I then re-rooted again and life is good!

Reactions: XartzMAX

maniep

Jun 1, 2008
Gang, thank you so much for developing and sharing this root method.

It took me a few minutes and the Note III is rooted successfully. 0 count of Knox and the Xposed Framework is now installed too.

I will make sure I donate a little to you guys in the next few days after I load my PP account.

Note III Tmobile US.

Great work :good:.

Reactions: designgears

nickles96

Mar 14, 2008

Everything seems to be working great, but my email crashes ever so often now. Anyone else have this happen? I did use Titanium backup to remove a bunch of bloatware. I dont think I could have removed anything that would have caused my email to do this.!

I've been reading if you froze/uninstalled My Magazine, it crashes email.

kcfong2

Apr 11, 2004

Everything seems to be working great, but my email crashes ever so often now. Anyone else have this happen? I did use Titanium backup to remove a bunch of bloatware. I dont think I could have removed anything that would have caused my email to do this.

Did you run TB Restore Fixer after running Titanium? See this link for more information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Question & Answer

"Root de la Vega" What kind of name is that?
    It's named after Ralph de la Vega, CEO of AT&T Mobility.

Can I flash custom recovery/kernel/rom without tripping KNOX flags?
    No, Flashing a custom ROM will trip the flag
    No, Flashing a custom Kernel will trip the flag
    No, Flashing a custom Recovery will trip the flag

Will this set a tripped KNOX flag 0x1 back to 0x0?
    No.

Can you help me with the drivers?
    No, but you can head over here for help with drivers.

How do I get into download mode?
    Method 1: adb reboot download
    Method 2: Pull the battery out, unplug the usb cable, reinsert the battery. Hold Volume Down + Home + Power. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Will rooting or downgrading or flashing stock trip the Knox flags?
    No, KNOX flags will not be tripped!

Will root survive a factory reset?
    Yes, it does.

Will root survive an OTA update?
    The Sprint Note 3 has survived an OTA update, you only need to perform the sdcard steps again to get root. However, you should NOT take OTA updates, it is possible for them to patch the root method with an OTA update.

Do I need have to fully wipe my phone when rooting?
    Yes. If you don't you will get lots of nasty force closes. I have yet to find a way around it.

Does Xposed Framework work?
    Yes, it has been updated to work fully with the Note 3.

Will rooting report system as custom and display an unlocked lock on the initial boot screen?
    Yes. It can be removed by installing Xposed Framework with Wanam Xposed and enabling Security hacks > Fake system status.

Titanium Backup is giving me problems, how can I fix it?
    Check out this thread. If you are still having issues, please take your concerns to the dev, they are not related to rooting.

How do I open a 7z file?
    With 7zip or IZArc!

Can I do this on OS X/Linux?
    No, not until heimdall is updated to support the Note 3.

Can I unroot?
    Yes, use SuperSU full unroot option or flash stock.

I am getting a "Prevention Information" popup after running a root app, how do I disable it?
    From terminal emulator or adb shell as root, run; pm disable com.sec.knox.seandroid
    Or freeze the Knox apps with Titanium Backup.

I am getting Force Closes after flashing, how can I fix it?
    Make sure you are flashing the CSC file! If you are, try flashing AP and CSC separately.
    Hey guys, just use Kingo Root or VRoot (Google them), much easier.
    Good stuff. did this yesterday and it worked like a charm.

Thank you so much!
    Heres a shot of my TMobile Odin mode screen. System status is custom and knox 0x0. My ATT version says the same using the same method with the ATT files..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app