Search This thread

rfunderburk39

Nov 8, 2010
NMB
Which is the most current modem?
-msm8974a-aaaanazm
-LGD801_20A_RADIO
-LGD801V_11b_RADIO

I've researched this for the past couple of hours.

Thanks in advance.

tinydynamite00

Aug 31, 2013
Austin
Hey! I've tried using both and to the best of my knowledge and experience, the 20A modem is the one and only. Be sure - depending which ROM you flash, especially AOSP - that you check your APN Settings once booted into the Android OS. Be certain you're on the proper T-Mobile US LTE settings for your area (usually the Global LTE settings apply) or you'll experience long data transfer rates and even problems downloading/updating apps from Play.

Cheers!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Reactions: rfunderburk39

zeeebs

May 3, 2012
I've had reports of seriously muffled call quality...would this modem fix it do you think? Read that it may. I'm on Resurrection Remix 5.0.3 + Blackbird D801

chroniX

Oct 3, 2006
Houston, TX
Baseband / Radio T-Mobile

Is there any difference between the Cloudy KK Baseband for D801 T-Mobile (KK_Baseband_D801.zip) and this official T-Mobile radio (LGD801_20A_RADIO.zip) ?

I've been getting some static/echo during calls sometimes, and fewer signal bars, and was thinking maybe flashing to the official radio could fix it. Is there any danger of breaking the ROM or bricking the phone by flashing this stock T-Mobile modem, and am I correct in thinking it could potentially give me better reception?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I pulled the radio out of the Stock ROM that @SmiLey497 posted and dropped it into the flashable zip that @autoprime posted in the General Development thread. Thanks to both of them for their work.

NOTE: THIS WILL BREAK ROTATION IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE STOCK 4.4.2 ROM.

D801BK (T-Mobile USA)
    D80120A
    M8974A-AAAANAZM-1.0.190084

OG Mirror
    D81020A Radio
    MD5 File

I only have a free Mega account because I am cheap. Anyone who wishes to mirror, please do so and I will do my best to add them to the OP.

Mirror #1:
    (Kansas City) Thanks @wifiguru
    D80120A Radio

Screenshot of the radio flashed directly on top of PA 2/27 BETA6 is attached,
    Is this compatible with 4.2.2 flex, I know I asked earlier but their more people on this forum now

Custom G2 D801

Another user reported that it works on Rayglobe which is another 4.2.2 ROM, as I understand it. You could flash it yourself and find out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but once you flash this. You don't have to again even after installing a new ROM? Or flash this every time you flash a new ROM?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Correct, you should not need to flash this again. Unless you use the LG Support Tool to return to 4.2.2 stock (which contains the older radio) or if you flash an different radio, you should be good.
    Does anyone have the download for the stock radio for T-Mobile d801, I flashed this one but now my auto rotation doesn't work I'm n United states

Custom G2 D801
    Does there happen to be any new developments on this radio so that it can be flashed without breaking rotation?