[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat d2att (at&t) Stable 9.0

Search This thread

nicklovell23

Dec 29, 2011

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere with SlimPie Controls.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimPie - Easily access frequently used command at anytime.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Video Preview of the Rom -

Important SlimRom links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Please Note, All the Variants of Samsung Galaxy S3 for North America are now combined under one umbrella Device called D2LTE.

Stable Release Downloads - Download the Most recent Stable Release of the Rom. Also provides a Change Log.

Weekly Release Downloads - Latest and most up to date Code. Given its weekly nature, there might Possibly be a bug or two.

Google Apps Download Stable Release or Beta Release.- This features 3 different Packages Minimal, Full and All in One (AIO). You may also want to visit [GAPPS][4.4.x] Official Slim GApps TRDS (Slimkat)

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch!

Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

SlimRoms Forum

If you are interested in helping the project,

If you are interested in Theming -

To those who are interested in Themes, the following two theme engines have been found to be working satisfactorily by XDA user @jorv976

You may wish to use either

Xtheme Engine
- XTheme Engine beta5 It will want Xposed Framework. You will be interested in #10 of the XTheme Thread. It has a mini Guide on applying themes.

OR

HK Theme Manager - Thread and its themes.

Here are a few Sample Screens after theming.
Themed1-1.jpg

Themed4-1-1.jpg

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (d2att), ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
nicklovell23, SlimRoms, Perseus, Tylog
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 9.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-12-21
Current Beta Version: 8.20
Beta Release Date: 2014-12-22

Created 2014-05-21
Last Updated 2015-03-09

peach007

Sweet. Updated thread!
Just wondering if anyone has any MMS issues? I'm on at&t LTE and since stable 5 couldn't send or receive MMS. Checked APN settings and they were all correct. I don't know what else to do. I tried plenty of 3rd party SMS apps too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nsmith4

Nov 8, 2011
Sweet. Updated thread!
Just wondering if anyone has any MMS issues? I'm on at&t LTE and since stable 5 couldn't send or receive MMS. Checked APN settings and they were all correct. I don't know what else to do. I tried plenty of 3rd party SMS apps too.

Works for me on att. Do you have an ad blocker installed, that's caused me mms issues in the past. Also you have data enabled right?

amf66

Jun 11, 2011
Houston
Finally, a new official thread. Why isn't this in Original Android Development like before?

designfears

Feb 2, 2011
Can you link to a download page for this device and release? The drop down menu is hard to navigate.

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
Works for me on att. Do you have an ad blocker installed, that's caused me mms issues in the past. Also you have data enabled right?

Dude, I can't thank you enough! I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure why in the world MMS was not going through. Adblock plus was the culprit. Too bad no others work as well.. Back to adaway i go i guess.

Edit: Also glad this thread made it back over here. Dunno what they were thinking

amf66

Jun 11, 2011
Houston
Dude, I can't thank you enough! I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure why in the world MMS was not going through. Adblock plus was the culprit. Too bad no others work as well.. Back to adaway i go i guess.

Edit: Also glad this thread made it back over here. Dunno what they were thinking

Adaway will definitely work. Been using it for months with no problems!

bjtheone

Sep 3, 2009
Kanata
Adblock Plus has also caused me issues, both with MMS and battery drain. Adaway seems to be much less flakey.

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
MoaAB works good also. sorry dont have link , but is on XDA.
:good:

err on the side of kindness

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
Quiet hours working for anyone? How about automateit pro? It's not responding to ANY rule i set while the same app and version is working like a champ on my M8. I've been away for a while but i see that the ability to change DPI still hasn't been added? I think it's time to browse the dev section

Reactions: amf66

amf66

Jun 11, 2011
Houston
Quiet hours working for anyone? How about automateit pro? It's not responding to ANY rule i set while the same app and version is working like a champ on my M8. I've been away for a while but i see that the ability to change DPI still hasn't been added? I think it's time to browse the dev section

No native DPI changing. Use texdroider_DPI.

bigfoot.kom

Jun 29, 2012

Hello. I just found this the other day. For blocking ad's.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2350984

Reactions: brianray14

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
Hello. I just found this the other day. For blocking ad's.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2350984

Thanks, it appears to be the same as adaway tho. Adblocker plus is really the best I've used as it knocks out 98% of ads in apps and 100% of them in browser. Just wish they'd figure out the mms deal or provide a warning upon installation.

I appreciate the heads up! If you happen to run across another ad blocking app which funnels traffic through is servers vs using host files, please do post about it as I'm sure others are looking for one as well

Sent from my HTC one_M8 using Tapatalked XDA premium app

Reactions: bigfoot.kom

Groot

Mar 7, 2013
Bacolod
Any fix for google plus? Tried wiping data/cache but still crashes, I'm using the latest weekly with the latest AiO gapps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere with SlimPie Controls.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
      • SlimPie - Easily access frequently used command at anytime.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Video Preview of the Rom -

Important SlimRom links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Please Note, All the Variants of Samsung Galaxy S3 for North America are now combined under one umbrella Device called D2LTE.

Stable Release Downloads - Download the Most recent Stable Release of the Rom. Also provides a Change Log.

Weekly Release Downloads - Latest and most up to date Code. Given its weekly nature, there might Possibly be a bug or two.

Google Apps Download Stable Release or Beta Release.- This features 3 different Packages Minimal, Full and All in One (AIO). You may also want to visit [GAPPS][4.4.x] Official Slim GApps TRDS (Slimkat)

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch!

Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

SlimRoms Forum

If you are interested in helping the project,

If you are interested in Theming -

To those who are interested in Themes, the following two theme engines have been found to be working satisfactorily by XDA user @jorv976

You may wish to use either

Xtheme Engine
    - XTheme Engine beta5 It will want Xposed Framework. You will be interested in #10 of the XTheme Thread. It has a mini Guide on applying themes.

OR

HK Theme Manager - Thread and its themes.

Here are a few Sample Screens after theming.
    Themed1-1.jpg

Themed4-1-1.jpg

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (d2att), ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    nicklovell23, SlimRoms, Perseus, Tylog
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 9.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-12-21
    Current Beta Version: 8.20
    Beta Release Date: 2014-12-22

Created 2014-05-21
    Last Updated 2015-03-09
    On another note, is d2lte gonna be supported in 5.0? Seems most devs have moved on.:banghead:
    Going to happen since I have some say about it. ;) Last I checked, my only DD Device is a S3. :cowboy:

Patience is Virtue and all that.
    Its still broken.
    Data yes
    GPS no
    Bluetooth untested

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001606615

Says GPS yes. :)
    I am the most patient individual in the world!! ( I never push for a time or date from a developer) I guess I should have asked the question a different way, is the weekly development of 9.0 finished...because of LP getting ready to drop?........because the download files are gone...
    You have not been Asking ETA. I know. :) As to LP? Well keep watching hopefully later today.
    Yes, stable 9 is the last kk build. All efforts now are for SlimLP. It's still in alpha, but weeklies are coming soon. Some devices are gonna have a tougher time than others, though. Right now there's lots of good builds for N5 and Oneplus One, but others still need work, from what I understand.
    Yeah D2 fell into latter category. The stock Camera is still borked. However 3rd party Camera apps are working fine.
    yes, you choice your kernel based on better audio perfomance.. but im looking for better battery perfomance? which one do you can recommended?
    <cough> my signature<cough><cough>
    @brttwilliams

To All

Please use the following as your Current Weekly 8.4

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655042121

Just for this once, keep aside the 8.4 posted on Slim Website.