Application unlock for HTC Monet (Virgin Lobster 700tv)

Search This thread

leadweight

Jan 27, 2007
Oxford
Zip files

Yes it dowmloads OK. I just cant unzip it. Can you try to unzip it please ?

If it fails and you still have the Zip file that you unzipped originally cann you please PM it to me ?

Thanks

My Zip file unzipped ok. This produced "SP_AllowCertificationInstall.cab" and a new Zip file called "SDA_ApplicationUnlocker.zip". This Zip file produces "SDA_ApplicationUnlocker.exe".

If you want these files from me let me know how.

akki007

Mar 23, 2007
Every time I try and change the registry, it reverts back to the original value. Mobile Registry Editor tells me I don't have access and the sbs editor just reverts back to its original value.

I have followed the 1st two steps so it should work!

Any ideas?

zarn

May 19, 2006
Stornoway
sim unlock for any virgin phone

Virgin are quite fair with there handset unlocking policy.. its free with only one condition.. that you have spent £30 with them.. you don't need £30 on the sim, just to have spent £30 on your account over time.
They will ask you why but i think this is just for there info, I just told them sometimes I need to use a different sim because of poor reception.
over the years with virgin I have had every phone unlocked.
Another nice point is its not £30 per handset, one of my kids lost a newly unlocked handset and had only spent £35 ever on his sim, they happily unlocked the next phone without us having to spend any more.

realitybites

May 9, 2007
Hi, have gone through the unlock application processand have the changes saved in the registry. I can use the lobster ok with my bluetooth stereo headset Sony BT20 but not to stream stereo A2dp. The headphones work as they should with my bluetooth laptop but will not work with the lobster. Any ideas?

mikeycrawford

Dec 13, 2004
Worked a treat

The instructions in post 1 worked a treat for me. I used the MobileRegistryEditor program to connect to the registry fromthe PC. Switched phone off after changing the 4 entries (only 2 required changing actually) and can install programs without problem.

Cheers colonel.

Mike

alictait

May 17, 2007
Potential Problem

Just incase some people are encountering issues with actually unlocking the phone.

I use winrar as my compression software and unfortunately the SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab file shows as a compressed file, also if you unzip this file using winrar it creates a file called setup and when you transfer it to the phone it will run in a half hearted sort of way, so it can be confusing, so to simplify things people - make sure that you don't unzip the SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab file before attemting to run it on your phone.

HTH

johnny40964096

Dec 14, 2005
i just got my lobster unlocked, it's a sim & cid unlock. i paid 20 pounds to get it done from a uk website.

they sent a unlock app works only for my imei, is that going to do any help for you guys to develop a sim unlock procedure?

If so, i'll upload the app

babyelephantt

Dec 9, 2006
Virgin Lobster 700tv

I have done the application unlock and all was successful. I turned my firewall of and tried to use SPV Series for the unlocking but still I receive "Encrypted checksum not found: [.

Will there ever be any free solution out there?

Flimber

May 18, 2007
Am on my third Lobster 700TV and this one will not app unlock via the above method - reg values revert on reboot - and so now I'm stuck. Any ideas out there ? My prev two unlocked fine.

Ta.

lxa786

Jun 4, 2006
manchester
Lobster 700TV

Been trying everything on the Internet and managed to make some headway with Monet (Virgin Lobster 700tv) unlock (this might work for Meteor/C700 as well).

1. Firstly you need to get rid of the 'registry security policy' lock.

Download cert install sp.zip:
[see attachment]

a. copy "SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab" to the root of Monet memory or card
b. Use file explorer on monet to navigate to file. Click to run. Should run ok.
c. Unzip "SDA_ApplicationUnlock.zip" on PC and run "SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe" whilst Monet is connected via activesync

2. Copy registry editor onto Monet. I used PHM, but others should work. Note install PHM loader on PC whilst monet is connected via activesync. It might install correctly on Monet, it might not. This does not matter. Just navigate on your PC to Program Files\phm and find the .exe file and copy to root of Monet memory or card.

Also nice free remote registry editor here (works from PC whilst phone is connected via activesync):
http://www.breaksoft.com/Blog/Utilities/2005/1/Mobile_Registry_Editor.aspx

Excellent 'free' combined file explorer and registry editor (perhaps for later - after app. unlock) SGS:
http://www.handango.com/PlatformPro...925777&Ntt=registry&productId=195244&R=195244

3. Using phm (or the registry app you like) change the four keys specified in this guide (you might find the above process has already reset 1001 and 101b:
http://wiki.spv-developers.com/HTC_Application_Unlock_Guide

They are:
Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies:
a. Change the DWORD named "1001" to 1 (could originally be 2)
b. Change the DWORD named "1005" to 40 (could originally be 16)
c. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1017 = 128 or 16 (before) 144 (after)
d. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 101b = 1 (this key might not exist, if so, create it).

4. Restart

5. HOORAY. Now your phone is fully application unlocked.

-----the following procedure is to SIM Unlock, this currently does not work. Possibly spv-services will be updated at some time to work with the Monet---->
6. Now download spv_services:
http://www.spv-developers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236

a. copy the cert.cab file to you Monet. Select and run using File explorer. it should run fine.

b. Next step. Run SPV_services from PC whilst phone still connected via Activesync. Should unlock ..... however I get checksum error....

Will investigate. Anyone have any luck please say. At least we can now get the phone app.unlocked.

------------------------->

Note: I have read that the phone might again become app.locked if you do a hard reset. If this is the case, just follow the above again.

rgds

hi,
i need your help i cant change value data please help me what i do next?

lxa786

Jun 4, 2006
manchester
700TV

HI,
I GOT ERROR

Encrypted checksum not found :(

ITS MEAN SPVServices NOT WORKING I THINK SO I HAVE TO PAY
IMEI-CHECK.COM

THANKS ANYWAY

akf

Jan 14, 2007
when i try to change the values i says access denied can anyone please help

9bz

Aug 24, 2007
need a bit of help from you guys...#80)

when i unzip the SP_AllowCertificateInstall all i get is _setup xml document is this what i need to upload to the phone and where do i put it and how to run it.

bit of playing about with it got it all working now....

Last edited:

sanjoychy

Oct 23, 2006
user lock

My phone is Virgin lobster 700 tv.
But i am forget my User lock.
is there any way to read the security code?
plz help me..............

twinkie2010

Jan 28, 2010
Unlock code for HTC monet

Hi friend, you can unlock your HTC Monet phone here .. You will also be able to get the unlock instructions for it there.