[Android General] Android Tips & tricks (UPDATE 14/03/10) HUGE UPDATE! 3 uselful tips

Search This thread

Basstscho

Feb 17, 2009
Ok, right at the moment was the first deep sleep after two days^^
Mostly, my Blackstone is charging and so I'm not able to tell much about the battery performance, but for the moment, I don't think that it got worse if anything it got better, due to less reboots of the system.

WinningDays

Dec 4, 2009
Metz
SetCPU is just useful for deep sleep problems, SetCPU can't fix incoming calls issues ;) Search for another zImage/modules at Glemsom ;)

mpg187

Jan 20, 2009
operation420.net
How do I wakeup my phone?
Where's the file manager?
How do I connect my phone to my computer? Nothing happens when I connect it...

Last edited:

WinningDays

Dec 4, 2009
Metz
1) Wake up your phone by pressing the power button ;)
2) The file manager is called "ASTRO" and is one of the best.
3) Your device can't be detected as "storage mass" for the moment.
However, ADB works for some people.

digish123

Feb 23, 2009
can we see android shell on adb for raph100 ?

i m running xdandroid kernels from glemsom

on ubuntu host i tried following procedure
1. connected raph to usb
2. made sure lsusb shows one device for phone.
" Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0bb4:0c01 High Tech Computer Corp."

3. as root created file: /etc/udev/rules.d/50-android.rules
added following to it.
SUBSYSTEM==”usb”, SYSFS(idVendor)==”18d1“, MODE=”0666″
i also tried with 0bb4 value.

4. chmod a+rx /etc/udev/rules.d/50-android.rules
5. sudo /etc/init.d/udev restart

but still i could not find my device in "adb devices" !
any pointers on tweaking it to work ?

thanks,
Digish

sraaj

Dec 12, 2009
bucharest
www.htc.com
TIPS AND TRICKS:

1) Do you find your XAndroid build very slow and not as responsive as you expected ?
Install CleanRAM under WinMo (6.x), set it to "Level 3" (Fundamental Purge). Normally, your build will be faster and more responsive, it works for me !
Feel free to post your feedback ;)
Before booting to Android, I do a Level 3 cleanup, but I dont think its any use setting the scheduler to run at level 3, since WM is already shutdown (I still set up against hope and normal logic :))

7) I just found a PERFECT package: http://zimages.googlecode.com/svn/a...sm-android/zImage-modules-20100215_000813.tar
If you don't know how to use it, there are some FAQs ;)
I used this over the 1.2 release zimage, and it indeed works much better, bit faster,

10) I think i have found a temporary fix as regards DEEP SLEEP ISSUES (I test it for three days and the conlusion is impressive !).
There are the instructions:
1) Download the app SetCPU (included in Glossy's packages)
2) Install the app via the market (if you've downloaded it via your phone) or Astro file manager (If you have the .apk)

I could not find this on the market, any other way i could put this on...
Also I downloaded some from the Market, and found files like Downloadfile1.apk and so on. These were in the cache folder, I put them back in the same folder, but I dont see those old apps... what could be another way to get those apk's to work...

Tx for your answers...

WinningDays

Dec 4, 2009
Metz
Download the latest version (1.50) of SetCpu here, and install it with Astro Browser: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=505419

For the CleanRAM tip, it maybe works, i don't know, i will try to launch haret with some apps open under WinMo and i'll leave the feedback.

The package i proposed works faster than 1.2 if you use a BlackStone.

brodos123

Nov 5, 2008
Download the latest version (1.50) of SetCpu here, and install it with Astro Browser: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=505419

For the CleanRAM tip, it maybe works, i don't know, i will try to launch haret with some apps open under WinMo and i'll leave the feedback.

The package i proposed works faster than 1.2 if you use a BlackStone.

Why do you have to install SetCPU with Astro?
I just placed it in the apps folder. works fine!

brodos123

Nov 5, 2008
Hi Guys!

Just want to share my experience.

I want to use android as my main os. With the wakeup problem I can not.
The thing I am trying out now is to use the "board-htcblackstone-panel.no_bkl_off=1" in the cmdline in startup.txt.

This way android does not go into deep sleep, only "sleep"
The downside is the battry time, but it seems to be acceptable.

If this works without wakeup problem, it can be a temporary fix until the sleep problem is solved.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TIPS AND TRICKS:

1) Do you find your XAndroid build very slow and not as responsive as you expected ?
    Install CleanRAM under WinMo (6.x), set it to "Level 3" (Fundamental Purge). Normally, your build will be faster and more responsive, it works for me !
    Feel free to post your feedback ;)

2) Do you find your battery life is not at least good ?
    Disabling Wi-Fi toggle can be useful, even if you aren't connected to your favourite Network, let it drains the battery faster than everything...

3) An other battery tip ! Disable Animations in Settings Menu.
    It won't change important things, it's almost unnoticeable.

4) You don't use the 3G network ? Disable this option into the comm manager under WinMo 6.x , you'll notice an important changing as regards your battery life :cool:

5) Have you found an app which doesn't fit the whole screen ? Open STARTUP.txt and try to change lcd.density from 220 to 240.
    (Thanks Slaming)

6) Many many users don't manage to answer their incoming calls. Last night i found a trick. Don't use your finger, but press a bit hard the green circle on your screen with your stylus (no risk for your screen), you'll be finally able to answer your calls !

7) I just found a PERFECT package: http://zimages.googlecode.com/svn/a...sm-android/zImage-modules-20100215_000813.tar
    If you don't know how to use it, there are some FAQs ;)

8) Do not forget that your WinMo settings matter !
    (Especially Screen settings, comm manager settings, etc, i'll give more details soon)

9) How to install glemsom's packages according to Slaming:
    "to install this just download the zip and place it in your sd card then edit the starup and change zimage to the name of the zimage you are uing so in this case it will be zImage-20100215_000813 when its booting you will see the kernel script and it will say new image or something. hope this helps.
    and dont forget don't unzip the other file inside the original zip just place it in the sd card normally."

10) I think i have found a temporary fix as regards DEEP SLEEP ISSUES (I test it for three days and the conlusion is impressive !).
    There are the instructions:
    1) Download the app SetCPU (included in Glossy's packages)
    2) Install the app via the market (if you've downloaded it via your phone) or Astro file manager (If you have the .apk)
    3) Launch SetCPU and choose "Auto Detect" (at the end of the list)
    4) Set Max at 528MHz and Min at 245MHz, enable "Set on Boot" and let CPU Governor as "On demand"
    5) Exit the app, test my tip and leave your feedback ;)
    Warning: Your battery life won't be shorter, don't worry.

11) Your Network drops down sometimes and never reappear ? Select your network manually, and if it doesn't work, don't reboot, it can take some time ;)
    I'm french so i do: Paramètres (Settings) => Réseaux sans fils (top of the list) => Paramètres réseaux mobiles (bottom of the list) => Recherche manuelle (Manually search ?), wait 10 sec and select your favorite network.

12) Boot failed to mount sd card ? Try this: http://groups.google.com/group/beagleboard/browse_thread/thread/ef88a97aaef9116b?pli=1

13) Tired of installing all your APKs ? Just put your precious APKs in "Androidapps" folder, it will auto-install apps when booting. Thanks Brodos123

14) Deep Sleep problems are getting on your nerves ? Try to use the "board-htcblackstone-panel.no_bkl_off=1" in the cmdline in startup.txt. Thanks Brodos123

15) Tired of seeing all this "fsck0001", "fsck0002" ? You can delete them without having any issue ! Thanks N!ghty

16) Want to use your personnal wallpapers ? Try to put your JPEG, or GIF, or any image file into sdcard\media\resource\ , and select one of them with your favorite wallpapers manager. Thanks N!ghty
    Your PERFECT package doesn't work...

Holy thread necro...