Need help with Carkit

Search This thread

daxy

Jan 6, 2009
Utrecht
www.daxy.net
I've got my TP2 for over a week now, but I just can't get my carkit to work with it correctly. I've searched for solutions but couldn't find one yet.

I've got a Pioneer AVIC-F910BT radio/nav with builtin Parrot carkit. I believe it has the CK5000 or the CK5050+ OEM module.
My TP2 will pair correctly and sync of contacts works fine as well.
Problem I'm having is:
1) When I call, the sound of the radiu/iPod is not muted (need to turn down volume)
2) "Call interface" doesn't show up on the Pioneer. This should popup everytime I'm in a call. It allows me to drop the call and change volumes.

When setting up pairing I can select a bunch of phones, but non of them solve my issues. I'm not sure but I believe it might be caused because the TP2 only recognizes Hands-free and no carkit.

I've had a Samsung i600 (with JetWare) which works fine and a Nokia e75 which works fine out of the box. The JetWareMobile app doesn't work on the TP2 as it has a different Bluetooth stack.

Anyone has any idea's on how I can get my TP2 working fine with my Pioneer?
Any help is appreciated.

vrin

Jul 28, 2008
Crosne
I also have problems with a parrot CK3100 which is supposed to be compatible with TP2 according to parrot web site.
This car kit is working fine with my Tytn2 and my wife's diamond.
Pairing, contacts synch, battery level and network are OK (tried "other phone" and "windows CE").

I have randomely a blank screen or some strange characters and/or disconnections with the phone. Sometimes the connection comes back automatically.

The vendor has replaced the electronic box (with a brand new one) but I still encounter the same problems...

farhope

Jun 9, 2008
It seems TP2 got a lot of problems with bluetooth connections. I have a brand new Volvo V70 with a built-in bluetooth carkit (off factory). Works fine with all phones (even my old HTC touch) but not with the TP2! The phone can connect but when data connection is switch on (UMTS) I can call but after that I lose controle of the phone and have no sound at all. Manual switching the data connection off solves the problem (maybe this will also solve your problems). It seems that all of the Volvo models with built-in carkit have this problem with the TP2. Besides this very annoying problem also no voice dailing is availble. How can HTC say this is a business phone with this kind of bluetooth crap. :(

monkeyturnip

Feb 19, 2008
have you checked parrots website for the latest firmware

i have a parrot carkit i think its the ck3200, and it works fine, i had massive issues with my tytn ii before with it, but with the latest update all is fine with both my tytn ii and tp2.

parrot reconised that they had issues with most wm devices about a year ago and updated their software

daxy

Jan 6, 2009
Utrecht
www.daxy.net
have you checked parrots website for the latest firmware

i have a parrot carkit i think its the ck3200, and it works fine, i had massive issues with my tytn ii before with it, but with the latest update all is fine with both my tytn ii and tp2.

parrot reconised that they had issues with most wm devices about a year ago and updated their software

Pioneer in this case uses an OEM Parrot module. There are 2 versions available, 2.9 and 3.3. I've tried both, but they just wont work :(
I hope this can be fixed quickly.

merten3000

May 3, 2007
Pioneer in this case uses an OEM Parrot module. There are 2 versions available, 2.9 and 3.3. I've tried both, but they just wont work :(

I have the exact same problem as you described...
I tried original HTC 6.5 rom for my TP2 and work flawless with my pioneer 900bt. But when adding manila 2.5 in a custom rom starts the problems..

Techitrucker

Dec 7, 2008
Ft Wayne IN

Doubtful. Have the same problem with my MK6000 Parrot using the last available firmware. Parrot has a bad habit of stopping support on their overpriced car kits quickly, less than a year on this model. Their suggestion to me was to buy a newer model. This was their most current stereo model 12 months ago. Go figure. Mine works great for stereo connections and the sound is good, but it hangs up phone calls about ten seconds into the call. No such problems on my much older Moto 605 but its stereo sound is not as good.