Android 4.4.4 will hit all Moto G devices

Search This thread

S0bes

Jan 1, 2012
I saw some man got an 4.4.4 update on xt1032 us.Retail couple days ago. update is about 20 mb. He proved it with before/after screenshots and it's definitely not lie.
It is strange because I thought we'll got L very soon so I do not see reasons to roll out 4.4.4 for US.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-21-19-29-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-21-19-29-13.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 243
  • Screenshot_2014-10-21-19-01-45.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-21-19-01-45.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

stunno

Dec 10, 2005
Just outside the Smog
I bought a Moto G 4G from Tesco yesterday and it came with 4.4.4 already installed.
Not the greatest experience so far, though. Media scanner is crippling the battery and it keeps force closing

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
I saw some man got an 4.4.4 update on xt1032 us.Retail couple days ago. update is about 20 mb. He proved it with before/after screenshots and it's definitely not lie.
It is strange because I thought we'll got L very soon so I do not see reasons to roll out 4.4.4 for US.
Turns out @alfick3 also got an OTA update on XT1034.

So it looks like both XT1032 and XT1034 Retail US have finally been updated to 4.4.4. Do remember that 4.4.4 was essentially a rushed release to patch Heartbleed - a major security issue. I am not surprised to see this update, as it could take another month or longer before the Android 5.0 OTA update arrives on Retail US.

B

bublz654

Turns out @alfick3 also got an OTA update on XT1034.

So it looks like both XT1032 and XT1034 Retail US have finally been updated to 4.4.4. Do remember that 4.4.4 was essentially a rushed release to patch Heartbleed - a major security issue. I am not surprised to see this update, as it could take another month or longer before the Android 5.0 OTA update arrives on Retail US.
I'm on xt1032 and haven't got 4.4.4 yet still :( is there anything I can do to get it without fastboot and root ?

lifetimes

Jan 19, 2014
Kingstown

Proof would be the actual update as a zip file. Still waiting on 4.4.4 before I go to 5.0

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Lollipop will start to be released to nexus devices on 3rd November with lollipop version of apps being allowed on the playstore now

Since the UI of the moto g is very similar to a pure android UI and the close connection between Google and Motorola I would expect lollipop for the Moto g to be released soon after

Source
http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/1...efore-android-5-0-will-ready-go-november-3rd/

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

I bought a Moto G 4G from Tesco yesterday and it came with 4.4.4 already installed.
Not the greatest experience so far, though. Media scanner is crippling the battery and it keeps force closing

Iv got the UK retail version and Iv had no problem with it -
Maybe you could sim unlock it and flash the retail firmware instead - no idea if you can do that but it's something you can look into

Last edited:
B

bublz654

4.4.4 released for the retail.US :D

Current Device : Moto G XT1032

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well, what I hate about moto g the most is that I don't even feel the need to upgrade the software. In every other phones I've had in the past there were problems that made me want to have an update asap and I was waiting for the updates like crazy, but now... I feel emptiness inside, no desire to update my phone because everything works perfectly fine, yeah I know, first world problems.
    Hey guys! I received the 4.4.4 OTA update for my french XT1032. I'm downloading it right now.
    Do you know how to capture and upload it?
    Devices won't be getting 4.4.3 but will be going to 4.4.4 instead. No dates as far as when it will be available. We'll provide it as soon as it is available.
    Original post from the motorola forum.
    https://forums.motorola.com/posts/817e1b24cb
    You have to be rooted and use a file explorer like ES file explorer and have the root option turned on and hidden files. It will be the zip file in the cache folder.

I'm sorry I'm not rooted and I'm not going to do that. At least you guys know that Motorola is starting updating in the EU.
    I have heard the 4.4.4 update is bug infested as well and ruins battery life as well as well as lag. True? I have updae waiting on my dual sim moto g India version.

Yes, just like every update since the computer was invented, they only decreased performance, add bugs (which they call "FEATURES") and decreased battery life...
    ALSO, THEY ALL UPLOAD YOUR RAM TO A REMOTE SERVER IN GUATEMALA, WRITE ONLY!!!!!!!!!!

No dude, this is just a bugfix update with some minor added features and a new dialer.