[Q] 7.0 inch MTK6592 Octa core Phablet

Search This thread

xdadevr

Apr 29, 2014
I am considering a 7" phablet and found these three similar products but coming from three different brands:

Tronsmart PS7
Ainol AX7 Flame
Ulefone U7

(Sorry I have just had to remove the link to each product as it is my first post).

As the specs seem to be identical, I guess now it comes to which brand is better known for good built quality. I know Ainol mostly for their tablets and Tronsmart for TV box. I haven't heard Ulefone before.

Also to be considered the chance of manufacturer to release ROM update. And of course, the chance there will be custom ROM contributed by developers.

Anyone can share any feedback on any of them? Thank you.

Last edited:

hejra

Sep 10, 2014
IMEI Invalid, totally stuck! :(

Hi all,

I'm new to smartphones and all this tech in general. I recently purchased a Ulefone U7 smartphone and stupidly flashed the latest Android v4.4.2 KitKat ROM via the Ulefone site using SP Flash Tools. Now the phone says my IMEIs are invalid for both SIM slots and I'm unable to change them.

I've tried changing them via the Engineer Mode AT+ commands but get the message "This command is not allowed in UserBuild" or something similar.

I've also tried changing them with Droid Tools v2.5.3, but nothing sticks.

I'm unclear as to whether root is required or not. In any case, I can't root with SuperSU.

I've tried most things to root, but the only thing that seemed to work was VRoot. I then tried replacing VRoot with SuperSU via both methods listed by gammelobst in a previous post, but seem to be missing something.

Trying these methods, I run the .BAT file and get the message "/system/bin/sh: su: not found" and am not prompted to grant root to ADB.

Can someone please help me rescue this phone from being a paperweight? I'm all out of ideas and all the lingo phones use is new to me.

Thank you from the bottom of my utterly exhausted heart... ;)

Axelman8

Aug 26, 2009
Rotterdam
Hi

Do you have a backup? Guess not
Have you tried to flash the origional 4.2.2 rom from the ulefone website? Mostly this would solve it

Regards

Axelman

Sent from my PS7 using XDA Free mobile app

hejra

Sep 10, 2014
Yay

G'day, thanks for the prompt reply.

Do you have a backup? Guess not

No -- lesson learnt. :-|

Have you tried to flash the origional 4.2.2 rom from the ulefone website? Mostly this would solve it

Just tried this, and although the IMEIs weren't restored, I /was/ able to successfully send the Engineer Mode commands, reboot the phone, and keep the proper IMEIs intact. THANK YOU!!! My only question now is: can I keep the IMEIs intact /and/ upgrade to 4.4.2? I've read that 4.4.2 doesn't tolerate those Engineer Mode commands, and that a factory reset will reset the IMEIs...

I also notice that on the Ulefone site [link deleted 'cause I'm new] there are two Kitkats, one explicitly labelled as such and a later-dated one with a gibberish description. I've only tried the latter. Would that make a difference?

Again, thanks for your help!

Axelman8

Aug 26, 2009
Rotterdam
Hi,, just out of curiousity
Why still want 4.4.2 and have the volume, camera and storage bug, when 4.2.2 works out of the box

Just settle down, root your phone and get the proper recovery
Install exposed framework and the desired modules and make this device your own. You dont need 4.4.2 really. Better yet, wait for the 4.4.3 version

Just my thought dude

Regards
Axelman

Sent from my PS7 using XDA Free mobile app

grossera

Dec 19, 2007
Hi all,

I'm new to smartphones and all this tech in general. I recently purchased a Ulefone U7 smartphone and stupidly flashed the latest Android v4.4.2 KitKat ROM via the Ulefone site using SP Flash Tools. Now the phone says my IMEIs are invalid for both SIM slots and I'm unable to change them.

I've tried changing them via the Engineer Mode AT+ commands but get the message "This command is not allowed in UserBuild" or something similar.

I've also tried changing them with Droid Tools v2.5.3, but nothing sticks.

I'm unclear as to whether root is required or not. In any case, I can't root with SuperSU.

I've tried most things to root, but the only thing that seemed to work was VRoot. I then tried replacing VRoot with SuperSU via both methods listed by gammelobst in a previous post, but seem to be missing something.

Trying these methods, I run the .BAT file and get the message "/system/bin/sh: su: not found" and am not prompted to grant root to ADB.

Can someone please help me rescue this phone from being a paperweight? I'm all out of ideas and all the lingo phones use is new to me.

Thank you from the bottom of my utterly exhausted heart... ;)

The engineering mode works, but on my u7 you have to insert a space either before or after the plus, I can not recall to make the command take.

xdadevr

Apr 29, 2014
Unfortunately there is no Kit Kat update for Tronsmart P7. Has anyone put Ulefone Kit Kat ROM on Tronsmart P7? I am wondering if the ROM is compatible given that those phones are almost identical.

Would appreciate some feedbacks. Thank you.

poshat

Jul 10, 2014
quits.ru
I am considering a 7" phablet and found these three similar products but coming from three different brands:

Tronsmart PS7
Ainol AX7 Flame
Ulefone U7

(Sorry I have just had to remove the link to each product as it is my first post).

As the specs seem to be identical, I guess now it comes to which brand is better known for good built quality. I know Ainol mostly for their tablets and Tronsmart for TV box. I haven't heard Ulefone before.

Also to be considered the chance of manufacturer to release ROM update. And of course, the chance there will be custom ROM contributed by developers.

Anyone can share any feedback on any of them? Thank you.

Chinese manufacturers unregularly update the firmware. Ainol may be more famous and have english site ainovo . com

Fatzenbolt

Mar 1, 2011
Im also looking into one of those 7" bad boys.

But i also need my next device to have BLE (Bluetooth low energy) for fitness tracking. Do you guys know if any of those devices do have BLE capabilities? Is a 7" phone with BLE out there generally ?

thanx so much. the internet is very quiet about BLE so it would be much appreciated if a happy owner could check (pretty please :angel:)

herlek

Oct 17, 2007
Nieuwerkerken
ulefone u7 4.4.2 - build number

When clicking in settings on build number 7 times you get message " you are now develloper". What does this do? I don't see anything change.:confused:
Found it : It is for unlocking the developers menu for devices who don't have the options menu for developers.

Last edited:

aneesp

Aug 31, 2014
Hi John,

I just purchased Chuwi Vx3 from Aliexpress. I cannot register my SIM cards to the network. I think the tablet has been locked to UNICOM service in china. Any way I am in contact with the supplier for solving this issue.
I would also like to know more about rooting this tab. I tried farmaroot, vroot etc. but no luck. I have downloaded tools from your link and I have no idea how to proceed. I should do it without any possible bricking of the device.
I need to root the tablet for taking backup of my ROM before anything happens.

Hope you can help me. You might have already rooted the tablet.

looking to hear from you.

Thanks Anees

Yeh have seen that not to sure, when Google translates it fairly much goobldy gook . I guess we wait. Although the battery is a bit small as you did say the device itself is awesome.
Cheers
John

Sent from my VX3 using Tapatalk

Ok i got it finally the links below will give you all the files required to root.
It is a bit confusing but once you get it its fine.The files on the bbs site dont work the flash tool in my link is the one that worked for me and you need to just flash vx3 new recovery image thats in the file,then put the super su on your sd card and flash with the new recovery.Iam trying to get the twp one to work but know luck yet.

good luck
john

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeh have seen that not to sure, when Google translates it fairly much goobldy gook . I guess we wait. Although the battery is a bit small as you did say the device itself is awesome.
    Cheers
    John

Sent from my VX3 using Tapatalk

Ok i got it finally the links below will give you all the files required to root.
    It is a bit confusing but once you get it its fine.The files on the bbs site dont work the flash tool in my link is the one that worked for me and you need to just flash vx3 new recovery image thats in the file,then put the super su on your sd card and flash with the new recovery.Iam trying to get the twp one to work but know luck yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/91uv2456dsj6rmo/AAA1XtacJVoLlN_oMPZZ7Kjja

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wx8zevv3546revm/7baRu_supersu-pro-v-1-97_1049629.zip

good luck
    john