Jiayu G4 3G problems

Search This thread

chriswiggy

Oct 9, 2013
Hi,

I have bought a jiayu g4 basic phone, I'm having problems getting the 3G to work, I have an O2 sim in and a Vodafone sim in it, none of them will work on 3G, I have tried switching from one to the other in sim management but it will still not connect to the internet, 3G is enabled,

sorry if this post is in the wrong place but I couldn't find anywhere else to put it,

Please help, Chris

deltavivo

Oct 14, 2013
Similar problem about the signal of 3G

Hello,

I bought a Jiayu g4 basic phone a few weeks ago. Recently, I have been having a similar problem about the signal of 3G with the jiayu g4.
This weekend I traveled to another state and all the time the jiayu was with no signal.
I didn't found a forum or website of the brand jiayu where I could post my doubts.

I hope we can solve our problems with help with friends of XDA. :highfive:

Best Regards,
Delfim

Hi,

I have bought a jiayu g4 basic phone, I'm having problems getting the 3G to work, I have an O2 sim in and a Vodafone sim in it, none of them will work on 3G, I have tried switching from one to the other in sim management but it will still not connect to the internet, 3G is enabled,

sorry if this post is in the wrong place but I couldn't find anywhere else to put it,

Please help, Chris

desmondtee88

Oct 27, 2009
Hello,

I bought a Jiayu g4 basic phone a few weeks ago. Recently, I have been having a similar problem about the signal of 3G with the jiayu g4.
This weekend I traveled to another state and all the time the jiayu was with no signal.
I didn't found a forum or website of the brand jiayu where I could post my doubts.

I hope we can solve our problems with help with friends of XDA. :highfive:

Best Regards,
Delfim

pls check on the manual guide does it support ur baseband ?? there is bunch of baseband version , the common will be WCDMA, TD-SCDMA or CDMA ...

atmosferico

Sep 25, 2009
Hello,

I've bought a G4 advanced and i'm facing the same problem. Vodafone PT doesnt work but Optimus PT works.
i have noticed that the icon changes when i activate the 3G and data connection por the Optimus but i cant test it because i do not have a data plan.

Does anyone know with VOdafone doesnt work?

thanks

burst24

Dec 11, 2012
This is software related error. Rom's having problems on this phone. Has anyone tried a good working rom for the g4t basic? I have the latest original rom and have gsm/3g problem. For seconds it finds the sim and then says only for emergency calls showing the (x) sign. Also i have sudden massive battery drains whenever using whatever app (i scanned with avast and from fully charged it shut down in a minute). This is also rom related cause after a reboot it showed the real battery again. So the battery drain is fake.
Any solutions? Any good rom?

bigger_pt

Feb 17, 2014
Hello,

I've bought a G4 advanced and i'm facing the same problem. Vodafone PT doesnt work but Optimus PT works.
i have noticed that the icon changes when i activate the 3G and data connection por the Optimus but i cant test it because i do not have a data plan.

Does anyone know with VOdafone doesnt work?

thanks

Have you already resolve this problem? (já resolveu o problema? estou com a mesma situação com o sim da Vodafone no G4)